Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We SMOKED the gators yesterday

Started by The Marmot, November 06, 2016, 01:32:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: The Marmot on November 06, 2016, 01:32:29 pm
Literally. At the tailgate.

Was this your tailgate?  We were at Victory Village North and saw this gator get walked in during the morning.   It was covered in foil and walked in by 4 guys carrying in on what looked like a gurney.  It was pretty funny and pretty cool to see it come in like that.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Looked like a bunch of their guys .  We left a trail of bodies .

The Marmot

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 06, 2016, 01:49:45 pm
Was this your tailgate?  We were at Victory Village North and saw this gator get walked in during the morning.   It was covered in foil and walked in by 4 guys carrying in on what looked like a gurney.  It was pretty funny and pretty cool to see it come in like that.

We were in the Gardens. Started cooking around 6 am.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: The Marmot on November 06, 2016, 02:16:46 pm

OK.  The one in Victory Village North must have already been smoked which is why it was covered in foil and came in around 11am or so.  Cool pic and cool idea though.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

The hog meister

Hoping for a taste of bacon wrapped tiger Saturday. Going to be a fight to get that cat on the smoker. GO HOGS

reddogjcss

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida could be without multiple players for the rest of the season after a handful of serious injuries against Arkansas.

Junior linebacker Alex Anzalone has reportedly broken his arm and will likely miss the rest of the season, according to a report from Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman. Anzalone injured his arm in the second half on Saturday and did not return to the game, returning to the sideline in street clothes and with a sling on his left arm.

Sources have also informed GatorBait.net that the injuries to starting center Cameron Dillard (left knee) and starting receiver Tyrie Cleveland (left leg) are also feared to be season-ending. Florida is still waiting on official test results to return on those players.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

BR

Quote from: The Marmot on November 06, 2016, 01:32:29 pm
Literally. At the tailgate.

Quote from: The Marmot on November 06, 2016, 02:16:46 pm
Where at, I spoke with a couple different guys that were smoking gator ??   One guy had a really awesome smoker on the west side by street..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hognostic

The one in Victory Village was my father-in-law's. It looked similar to this one actually - bacon cape and all. I'll see if I can nab some pics and upload.

Hognostic

The Marmot

Quote from: BR on November 06, 2016, 08:40:09 pm
Where at, I spoke with a couple different guys that were smoking gator ??   One guy had a really awesome smoker on the west side by street..

That was us :)

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Tejano Jawg

Man, I'd love to get me some of that. I ate a gator po' boy several years go in New Orleans. Good stuff.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BR

Quote from: The Marmot on November 06, 2016, 09:53:44 pm
That was us :)
I was the big guy from KC area,  and I talked with someone about smokers.. They were kind and offered me & wife to come back and join them...  If it was you thank you kindly, the guy across from you a little to the north sell's the Tailgate Trailers? 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The hog meister

Beware of any tiger on the barbie this weekend. I hear Mike the tiger is a little under the weather or already getting the blues thinking about this weekend.  :razorback: :razorback: :D

trippigs

Never seen anything like that......where is the edible part?

FraggleHog

Quote from: trippigs on November 07, 2016, 09:08:48 am
Never seen anything like that......where is the edible part?

I've had gator tail before... Delicious white meat. I'll have to defer to anyone else though to speak on if there is anything else edible on the gator.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

The Marmot

Quote from: FraggleHog on November 07, 2016, 09:27:02 am
I've had gator tail before... Delicious white meat. I'll have to defer to anyone else though to speak on if there is anything else edible on the gator.

Yeah the tail has most of the meat. We found that the leg and shoulder areas were really good, like dark meat chicken.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

trippigs

Quote from: FraggleHog on November 07, 2016, 09:27:02 am

I have had little gator bites as an appetizer and they are good. Wonder if you can cut out steaks???