Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum comments on the Louisville situation

Started by Hoggie17, September 27, 2017, 02:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

People remarry their exe's all over the country.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

311Hog

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on September 28, 2017, 11:49:18 am
Are you saying Jeff had no idea she was being recommended to him for the job? A recommendation which he approved?

Is the top guy not ultimately responsible for the hires of the athletic department?  I mean, he acts as if he had no part in hiring her, but he sure does take the lead when it's time to fire BP?  So which is it? Is JL in control of the athletic department or is the head football coach a separate athletic director by himself? 

JL is not squeaky clean in this mess, but he sure came out smelling like roses and has parlayed that "integrity" crap as far as he can. 

Jeff Long is not responsible for knowing that she was Bobby Petrino's side piece.  Did Bobby disclose this conflict of interest?  if so lets see the documentation.

A Head coach making a recommendation/hiring a person by itself is nothing wrong.  And a superior signing off on a hiring when there is no reason to suspect foul play is nothing wrong.

That is the bloody point JL didn't know, CBP lied about it.  Fired

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 12:13:03 pm
Jeff Long is not responsible for knowing that she was Bobby Petrino's side piece.  Did Bobby disclose this conflict of interest?  if so lets see the documentation.

A Head coach making a recommendation/hiring a person by itself is nothing wrong.  And a superior signing off on a hiring when there is no reason to suspect foul play is nothing wrong.

JL knew. The whole BAC, the coaching staff, and all of the players knew but you keep diluting yourself into believing otherwise.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 12:54:19 pm
JL knew. The whole BAC, the coaching staff, and all of the players knew but you keep diluting yourself into believing otherwise.
I wonder what he's mixing himself with...

JaketheSnake

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 10:36:46 am
i doubt anything is on the way, but thanks.  Enjoy the CBP highlights on sportcenter.

10,000 posts and a nobody. I know who Mckinney is, I know who GCHAMBLEE is, I know JaketheSnake and I know porkrinds...but you? Not a clue.

10,000 posts of drivel. 10,000 posts of Petrino bashing. 10,000 posts of distortions of truth.

Again, glad I could shine some fame your way.

PRJ

hoghearted

Quote from: hoghiker on September 28, 2017, 11:23:28 am
Why on god's green earth do people think Petrino would come back to Arkansas if ask. I have a soft spot for my ex-wife but she is my ex-wife. I ain't going back and Petrino ain't coming back to Arkansas. He didn't look like a happy guy when he left (I can't get the neck brace and abrasion pic out of my head). Pretty sure both parties burnt their respective end of the bridge to Bobby Land when he left.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 12:13:03 pm

Ok, got it.  Associate Dean and Athletic Director blindly signs off on under-qualified staff member.  That would make a nice headline.

Jeffy knew.  Everybody knew.  Not like it was hidden well.  It only became a problem when the wreck happened.  Until then Jeff was happy giving Bobby hugs on the field at Jerry's world and all the other places where we USED to win.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogHomer on September 28, 2017, 11:42:03 am
Whoa now lets not start a different rumor haha

Nice catch! Excuse me. What he did involving his employment.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

311Hog

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on September 28, 2017, 01:25:58 pm
Ok, got it.  Associate Dean and Athletic Director blindly signs off on under-qualified staff member.  That would make a nice headline.

Jeffy knew.  Everybody knew.  Not like it was hidden well.  It only became a problem when the wreck happened.  Until then Jeff was happy giving Bobby hugs on the field at Jerry's world and all the other places where we USED to win.

far as i know she was not under qualified over if you think about it lol...

311Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 28, 2017, 01:09:51 pm
10,000 posts and a nobody. I know who Mckinney is, I know who GCHAMBLEE is, I know JaketheSnake and I know porkrinds...but you? Not a clue.

10,000 posts of drivel. 10,000 posts of Petrino bashing. 10,000 posts of distortions of truth.

Again, glad I could shine some fame your way.

PRJ

IDUDITZ!

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 11:11:09 am
You do realize that his wife is still with him and fully supports him, right?? She's obviously forgiven him. Do you think you are better than she is??

Personal relationships and business relations are quite different. You are doing serious mental gymnastics to defend the guy. You keep pushing the idea that Jeff is a big liar, but you yourself tell 1 lie after another to defend Bobby lol.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:11:17 am
311 you should be happy you got just we wanted Mr personality as the AD and everyone's buddy is CBB. We are sitting at the bottom of the SEC with Vandy and Ky.

You sure project a lot of spite, hate and venom for a man that has spent the last 2 days trying to soften everyone's hearts with Christian values.

gchamblee

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 11:14:37 am
This is correct. He was still the face, and still a visible representative of the school and the state.  This doesn't mean he has to be shaking hands and kissing babies, but it does mean he cannot publicly cheat on his wife and participate in the hiring of that mistress to a position within the University/state, and then lie about it.

The clause in his contract is there for a reason, this reason.  sooner you accept this the better you will feel Guv.

Guv will agree that the clause needed to be in the contract, but he would never agree that it should be invoked. He thinks it was there for cosmetic reasons just to make it appear that we expected him to represent the school with class and dignity. He was shocked when he found it Jeff actually meant it lol.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 11:18:17 am
Like I said, none of that mattered to them when he was hired. All that matter to the PTB is that he win while running a clean program. That was made pretty clear when he was hired.

If none of it mattered, then why was his contract written in a way that he could be justifiably fired for doing what he did? I would argue that it mattered quite a bit. You're pissed that he got himself fired and you're working overtime to try to blame someone else. You need to learn how to accept things like a man and stop throwing a fit like a child.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 11:51:55 am
Long is also responsible for her hire.  You may not want to admit it, but that is verifiably true.

Long didn't stick his junk in her and give her a ton of money out of his personal checking account. Long didnt lie to his boss about any of it. Long didn't stand in front of a television camera and focus his beady eyes as he said "No there was nobody on the bike with me". Everything Long did was above the table. Everything Bobby did was under the table. It is really easy to figure out who deserved to be fired and who did not.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 12:54:19 pm

You present assumptions as facts and I have presented written documents to you that contradict what you are saying. You are such a dramaqueen lol.

Been10Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 03:16:13 pm
Long didn't stick his junk in her and give her a ton of money out of his personal checking account. Long didnt lie to his boss about any of it. Long didn't stand in front of a television camera and focus his beady eyes as he said "No there was nobody on the bike with me". Everything Long did was above the table. Everything Bobby did was under the table. It is really easy to figure out who deserved to be fired and who did not.
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be that obvious to some on Hogville. I would argue it does make it obvious what kind of character the posters on here have that would defend BP to the death

gchamblee

I miss Bobby. I was pissed when he got fired. I was pissed at him for giving me such hope in a championship and then bending me over as a fan like I was his other side piece. I tried to imagine in my head ways to keep him. Meet our new coach Pobby Betrino. I even tried to convince myself that his brother could take the job and let Bobby pull the strings in the background. But, after all the dust settled, all the emotion dried up and all the facts came out. I was just pissed that he put Long, Arkansas, his players and me the fan in such a no win embarrassing situation. At that point, I knew he had to go. There was no other way around it, he just had to go.

I do miss him as our coach, I really do. I miss winning. I miss the wide open offense. But I do not feel compelled to change history and try to clean up his reputation for him after what he did to me. You go right ahead Guv. You forgive him and work hard to restore his dignity, because he darned sure didn't do it himself. He needs people like you.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 03:07:29 pm
Personal relationships and business relations are quite different. You are doing serious mental gymnastics to defend the guy. You keep pushing the idea that Jeff is a big liar, but you yourself tell 1 lie after another to defend Bobby lol.

Where did I defend Bobby?? I've said all along that what he did was wrong.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 03:23:38 pm
I miss Bobby. I was pissed when he got fired. I was pissed at him for giving me such hope in a championship and then bending me over as a fan like I was his other side piece. I tried to imagine in my head ways to keep him. Meet our new coach Pobby Betrino. I even tried to convince myself that his brother could take the job and let Bobby pull the strings in the background. But, after all the dust settled, all the emotion dried up and all the facts came out. I was just pissed that he put Long, Arkansas, his players and me the fan in such a no win embarrassing situation. At that point, I knew he had to go. There was no other way around it, he just had to go.

I do miss him as our coach, I really do. I miss winning. I miss the wide open offense. But I do not feel compelled to change history and try to clean up his reputation for him after what he did to me. You go right ahead Guv. You forgive him and work hard to restore his dignity, because he darned sure didn't do it himself. He needs people like you.

You just go ahead and keep ignoring how Long lied his butt off during the termination presser.

LRHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 03:23:38 pm

This is also where I'm at, with a double-dose of annoyance at our current SNAFU.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 03:35:08 pm
You just go ahead and keep ignoring how Long lied his butt off during the termination presser.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9zpdTmt-k

Can you provide a link that shows Long lied?  You keep bringing it up and I've seen people discuss rumors on here that BP may have had options, but nothing concrete.

Long also states BP made the decision to hold a press conference.  Not that it was required.
Long was very emotional in that, it was an extremely difficult decision for him to fire BP.  IMO it's obvious he did not want to get rid of him but BP gave him no choice.

Watch the presser again. 

NoogaHog

6 pages in and I will comment. I enjoyed winning when CBP was on the Hill. However, there is no doubt about his lack of morals and lack of his ability to actually mentor the men under him. It has been discussed here that grades were terrible and class attendance was spotty during his tenure. But we won more then than we do now.

I appreciate what CBB is trying to do. He is trying to win the right way with high character kids. I wish we could do better. I wish we could win more with good kids who are good citizens and good students who represent the University well. I believe we can, but maybe not with our current coach.

I don't think it has to be either/or. I think that there is a stand up guy who can win. There are a few examples around, like Mark Richt, who was chased out of UGA because they grew tired of 9-10 wins. Not saying we should get Richt, just using him as an example.

If the rest of the season plays out like we fear it may, it will be time to move on from CBB. But surely we don't have to hike up our skirt to that jerk in order to be successful. There has to be other options.

This is not who I want representing Arkansas:
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 03:01:07 pm
That would be alright with me.

I'm a sunshine pumper and even I would jump at that chance...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GuvHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 28, 2017, 04:18:21 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9zpdTmt-k

Can you provide a link that shows Long lied?  You keep bringing it up and I've seen people discuss rumors on here that BP may have had options, but nothing concrete.

Long also states BP made the decision to hold a press conference.  Not that it was required.
Long was very emotional in that, it was an extremely difficult decision for him to fire BP.  IMO it's obvious he did not want to get rid of him but BP gave him no choice.

Watch the presser again. 

I don't have to watch it again, I watched the whole disgraceful spectacle. Long got caught in several lies but there is one I vividly remember. During the question and answer period, he was asked "Was Bobby offered any conditions for staying as Head Coach?". Jeff Long replied "No, there were no conditions for staying discussed, Bobby staying as Head Coach at Arkansas was never an option".

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:39:33 pm
I don't have to watch it again, I watched the whole disgraceful spectacle. Long got caught in several lies but there is one I vividly remember. During the question and answer period, he was asked "Was Bobby offered any conditions for staying as Head Coach?". Jeff Long replied "No, there were no conditions for staying discussed, Bobby staying as Head Coach at Arkansas was never an option".

What were the other lies?

Wildhog

Only GUV could look at the Petrino situation and think that LONG was the one at fault, lol.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoglady

I don't think anyone thinks Long was at fault / the cause of the situation was squarely on Petrino.

Guv is just pointing out that Long also lied to the fan base. I have no idea why Long lied about offering Petrino an option to stay that was turned down. But if the option to stay was given, Long did lie to us and there's no denying that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:39:33 pm
So you cannt provide any actual evidence that Long lied?  That was what I asked you...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 03:29:31 pm
Where did I defend Bobby?? I've said all along that what he did was wrong.

But you don't think it was wrong enough to get fired over. THAT is the problem you have. I would love to work for you. I could get away with, embezzlement, lying to you and embarrassing your company and maybe even murder and you wouldn't fire me.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 28, 2017, 04:48:25 pm
So you cannt provide any actual evidence that Long lied?  That was what I asked you...

I just did. Pull up the Press conference and listen to it. The lie I posted is in the question and answer period.

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 28, 2017, 04:41:36 pm
Only GUV could look at the Petrino situation and think that LONG was the one at fault, lol.

I suggest you pull up the thread with a poll on Long and look closely at how many want him gone.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 28, 2017, 04:51:37 pm
But you don't think it was wrong enough to get fired over. THAT is the problem you have. I would love to work for you. I could get away with, embezzlement, lying to you and embarrassing your company and maybe even murder and you wouldn't fire me.

It's not a problem. Go look at the poll on Long in another thread and see how many want him gone. You're in a small minority.

Wildhog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:53:51 pm
I suggest you pull up the thread with a poll on Long and look closely at how many want him gone.

Which would have nothing to do with my point. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:51:52 pm
I just did. Pull up the Press conference and listen to it. The lie I posted is in the question and answer period.
You believe Jeff Long is lying about BP not having the chance to come back and coach, correct? 

Show me some evidence that Jeff Long offered BP that opportunity.  No one says that he was offered the opportunity to stay in the press conference.  You state it as fact in every thread on Hogville, so please link your facts here.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:56:03 pm
It's not a problem. Go look at the poll on Long in another thread and see how many want him gone. You're in a small minority.
We all know that polls on here are accurate.

Frito pie wins most polls.

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 28, 2017, 05:03:28 pm
Which would have nothing to do with my point. 

It has everything to do with your point. The poll shows that people are waking up and realizing that Long was the one at fault. The number of those that still think Long was right is shrinking BIG TIME.

870hogfan

The love for Petrine on this site is quite funny...

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 05:13:32 pm
It has everything to do with your point. The poll shows that people are waking up and realizing that Long was the one at fault. The number of those that still think Long was right is shrinking BIG TIME.
There is a loud minority.  Some are frustrated with the buyout for CBB right now, but the number of people that blaming him for Petrino's bs isnt changing. 

Wildhog

lol, no.  There are a myriad of reasons that people want Long gone.  There are some that still think Long was wrong to fire Petrino, but they're in the minority.

FWIW, if we don't go to a bowl game and Bielema is retained, I'll be firmly in the Fire Long crowd. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

I asked you once and you cowered down and refused to answer so Ill ask again. What was another lie you think Jeff told in that press conference. You said he told more than one lie, name another. You have taken the stupid shovel and dug yourself so deep in your hole of wrong you cant even remember how to get back to right.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 05:25:06 pm
I asked you once and you cowered down and refused to answer so Ill ask again. What was another lie you think Jeff told in that press conference. You said he told more than one lie, name another. You have taken the stupid shovel and dug yourself so deep in your hole of wrong you cant even remember how to get back to right.
Same ol Guv...full of he made up, heard on DTS, or read in the tavern.

gchamblee

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 28, 2017, 05:27:17 pm
Same ol Guv...full of he made up, heard on DTS, or read in the tavern.

He is my pick for most dishonest dramaqueening poster on hogville.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 05:29:58 pm
He isnt dishonest...  It's Jeff Long's fault!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wildhog on September 28, 2017, 05:19:05 pm
lol, no.  There are a myriad of reasons that people want Long gone.  There are some that still think Long was wrong to fire Petrino, but they're in the minority.

FWIW, if we don't go to a bowl game and Bielema is retained, I'll be firmly in the Fire Long crowd. 
be prepared to be disappointed.  if I had to guess, there will be no bowl and no firings.  Long has the program locked into the status quo until 2020.

you might see an assistant change at most, so they can say they did something.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 05:29:58 pm
is it really dishonest if you believe it?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JaketheSnake

MuskogeeHogFan

September 28, 2017, 06:55:33 pm #298 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:15:57 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 03:21:32 pm
That would most likely have to happen if Petrino was to return because if the PTB at the U of A attempted to force Long to re-hire BP, he'd either resign or they'd have to fire him. Long will never agree to re-hiring Bobby because if he did that, he would be admitting to the whole College football world that he screwed up royally when he fired Bobby. Long's gigantic ego will never let him do that.

Would Long ever consider the re-hiring of Petrino? Probably a long shot. But, what if Long considered it and shaped it in such a way as to say, "Bobby and I have met and we have discussed his departure and the circumstances surrounding that departure. I am convinced, after speaking extensively with him, that he is a changed man and won't make the same mistake again. It has been said that, "To err is human, to forgive, divine", and as a part of our culture here at Arkansas, we do believe in second chances. And so I am pleased to announce that Bobby Petrino will be rejoining the Arkansas family for the 2018 season."

Now that is probably a stretch to imagine, it is for me as I write this, but it is likely more clear by this time that someone like Petrino and his offensive system may give us a greater opportunity to win in the range of 8 to 11 wins each year which would keep the coffers filled for Arkansas by keeping the fan base excited and would help continue to pay for all of the expansion costs.

On the other hand you have to ask yourself whether Long would be willing to accept that return and for that matter, whether Petrino and his family would want to come back to a place with a pretty prevalent negative history, when he might have other opportunities to land someplace like Auburn where he hasn't crapped the bed already from the standpoint of public perception? I mean, would BP's wife ever agree to come back to Fayetteville after all that has happened? I'm not sure that she would agree to that. I'm not sure that he would either, with or without Long being here.

I'm not sure I would want him back but I don't get paid to make those decisions. I guess you never know what might happen. I'd say the ball is in Bielema's court at this point and in that of Jeff Long as well.
Go Hogs Go!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 28, 2017, 06:55:33 pm
Would Long ever consider the re-hiring of Petrino? Probably a long shot. But, what if Long considered it and shaped it in such a way as to say, "Booby and I have met and we have discussed his departure and the circumstances surrounding that departure. I am convinced, after speaking extensively with him, that he is a changed man and won't make the same mistake again. It has been said that, "To err is human, to forgive, divine", and as a part of our culture here at Arkansas, we do believe in second chances. And so I am please to announce that Bobby Petrino will be rejoining the Arkansas family for the 2018 season."

Now that is probably a stretch to imagine, it is for me as I write this, but it is likely more clear by this time that someone like Petrino and his offensive system may give us a greater opportunity to win in the range of 8 to 11 wins each year which would keep the coffers filled for Arkansas by keeping the fan base excited and would help continue to pay for all of the expansion costs.

On the other hand you have to ask yourself whether Long would be willing to accept that return and for that matter, whether Petrino and his family would want to come back to a place with a pretty prevalent negative history, when he might have other opportunities to land someplace like Auburn where he hasn't crapped the bed already from the standpoint of public perception? I mean, would BP's wife ever agree to come back to Fayetteville after all that has happened? I'm not sure that she would agree to that. I'm not sure that he would either, with or without Long being here.

I'm not sure I would want him back but I don't get paid to make those decisions. I guess you never know what might happen. I'd say the ball is in Bielema's court at this point and in that of Jeff Long as well.
Does Booby = Bert in name calling?