Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the next AD?

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 15, 2017, 09:37:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhawg

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 15, 2017, 01:13:06 pm
Three requirements, seems to me.

(1) Someone with ties to our program - a former Razorback, perhaps.

(2) Someone who understands the history and traditions of our program and State.

(3) Someone who understands the value of personal relationships, believes in access, and embraces an "open door" policy to his office.

I don't know about someone having ties to our state, but I would say at the very least someone with experience in the SEC.

TebowHater

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on November 15, 2017, 05:42:53 pm

^^^
This

Would fully support if it didn't require us losing him as baseball coach! Best coach we have!!

oldhawg

Quote from: TebowHater on November 15, 2017, 05:46:07 pm
Would fully support if it didn't require us losing him as baseball coach! Best coach we have!!

If you are talking baseball only.

In football I would say Frank Broyles.

Basketball would be Nolan Richardson.

But unequivocally, the best coach Arkansas has ever had would be John McDonnell.

Bert Squealima

You are all wrong.  JERRY MF JONES!

TebowHater

Quote from: oldhawg on November 15, 2017, 06:04:23 pm
If you are talking baseball only.

In football I would say Frank Broyles.

Basketball would be Nolan Richardson.

But unequivocally, the best coach Arkansas has ever had would be John McDonnell.

Yeah for sure - not best coach we ever have had*. Best coach we currently have; wouldn't want to lose him as an active coach.

elviscat

I believe the AD University of Memphis would be a great hire. He hired Justin Fuente and Mike Norvell, he knows football and how to find great coaches. If Gus' bus doesn't make it, then Mike Norvell would be a great coach. Look what he has done in two years at Memphis.

Qui Gon Jinn

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

John Futrall

checkraiser88

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Granny fan on November 15, 2017, 09:53:56 am
Dave Van Horn!

Lay off the sauce, Granny and just get back to watchin' "Murder She Wrote"
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Snouty on November 15, 2017, 02:11:21 pm
DeltaBoy!  With over 67,000 Hogville posts, no one could be more passionate about the Razorbacks!
And maybe he could afford to go to the games!

He would probably also have Civil War battle reenactments at halftime....probably with live ammo too. The unis would also be interesting...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

jvanhorn

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 15, 2017, 02:34:41 pm
Since the world changes rapidly, especially the world of the college sports business, yes it is entirely possible that everything he knew about being an AD may not be applicable at all.

You may be right.  He certainly didn't know what he was doing at Clemson.

jvanhorn

Quote from: TebowHater on November 15, 2017, 06:06:54 pm
Yeah for sure - not best coach we ever have had*. Best coach we currently have; wouldn't want to lose him as an active coach.

Well look at the resources Broyles and Richardson had to work with and look at the resources Van Horn has to work with.  I don't think they even offer full rides in baseball.  I would not have a problem with having him listed as the best coach at Arkansas in the last  25 years or so.

jvanhorn

Quote from: elviscat on November 15, 2017, 06:11:30 pm
I believe the AD University of Memphis would be a great hire. He hired Justin Fuente and Mike Norvell, he knows football and how to find great coaches. If Gus' bus doesn't make it, then Mike Norvell would be a great coach. Look what he has done in two years at Memphis.

I don't know anything abut the AD at Memphis, but it sounds like something that should, at least, be looked at.  Sometimes what you are looking for is right in your own back yard.

jvanhorn

Quote from: GuvHog on November 15, 2017, 02:53:24 pm
No doubt.

He used to be a College assistant coach and a college head coach.

He coached at the U of A and lives in Arkansas.

He's now an Administrator with a Doctorate degree at a Private school

He's very qualified.

Well he is obviously intelligent and well educated.  I didn't really notice any experience in the AD line.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jbigs77

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:45:14 am
Why Tommy T?  He's never been an AD and his last two head coaching jobs did not end well.
Well Said. TT is not the one.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 15, 2017, 09:47:30 am
Because people want someone with an Arkansas connection. There aren't many options with administrative experience.

Dr Sean Rochelle, Dr.Dean Lee, and Dr. Fitgerald Hill come to mind.

ballinhog

searkhogfan

Did anybody hear Baz say Kevin Scanlon on Ch. 7 News tonight?