Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ronnie "lottery pick" brewer

Started by othermac, February 19, 2006, 08:45:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1836hog

I can't believe you guys are so knowledgeable about scouting college players for the NBA yet you live in Arkansas and DON'T scout for the NBA.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: GoAngels on February 20, 2006, 01:44:54 pm
so how does it go: gay, morrison, then reddick?

Morrison over Gay and then who knows, but not Redick.

Hogwild07

Brewer will make a smart decision and stay for his senior year.  He is not in need of money to support his family and another year of college experience will only help.  As far as Townes, he is vastly overrated.  He is no that good at all and an NBA team would be retarded to take him in the 1st round. 

The most underrated player by NBA scouts is J.J. Redick.  Everybody thinks he will not be a great NBA player, but no one gives a good explanation why.  Is he suddenly going to forget how to shoot?  Hell no. He is the best shooter i have EVER seen and I would die to have him on my team.  Besides, the defense in the NBA is pathetic.  I'm tired of the NBA drafting "long,athletic guys with potential". That is why the NBA sucks so bad.

Hogwild07

Brewer will make a smart decision and stay for his senior year.  He is not in need of money to support his family and another year of college experience will only help.  As far as Townes, he is vastly overrated.  He is no that good at all and an NBA team would be retarded to take him in the 1st round. 

The most underrated player by NBA scouts is J.J. Redick.  Everybody thinks he will not be a great NBA player, but no one gives a good explanation why.  Is he suddenly going to forget how to shoot?  Hell no. He is the best shooter i have EVER seen and I would die to have him on my team.  Besides, the defense in the NBA is pathetic.  I'm tired of the NBA drafting "long,athletic guys with potential". That is why the NBA sucks so bad.

Zen_Hog

brewer is not overrated at all

he is an athlete, and has al lthe tools to be an all star

SGH2244

Brewer shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Johnson.  Johnson carried an average Hog team to the NCAA tourny birth, something Brewer can't do with the athletes we have now.  I still remember Johnson crossing over that guy in the SEC tourny, steping back, watching him fall, laughing and draining a jumper with perfect form.  We will never see anything like that out of Boot Jr....

SGH

Squeal

Quote from: labb on February 20, 2006, 08:32:31 pm
Those numbers are based on US players only..How does it look when you throw the Foreign players in.

Hmmmm.

I counted 12 Foreign players off this site.

http://nbadraft.net/

clemensrules01

Quote from: labb on February 20, 2006, 08:32:31 pm
Those numbers are based on US players only..How does it look when you throw the Foreign players in.
the 4th (i believe) rated player isnt from the US. they threw in the foreign players already.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Short and Stout on February 20, 2006, 08:51:10 pm
Quote from: GoAngels on February 20, 2006, 01:44:54 pm
so how does it go: gay, morrison, then reddick?

Morrison over Gay and then who knows, but not Redick.
ummm...no. it goes 1. PF from Texas (aldridge?) 2. Gay  3. Morrison

Ralphyt

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 11:25:26 am
forgive me for the slang

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 12:26:31 pm
as far as the rest of your post, i prefer not to engage in those kinds of insults, i dont know who you are and from the sound of you, i dont want to.

Sounds like a two-face likes to dish it out, but can't take it.

hawgdawg

Brewer shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Johnson

That's ignorance at it's finest

hawgdawg

Quote from: hawgdawg on February 21, 2006, 11:21:47 am

Ralphyt

Quote from: hawgdawg on February 21, 2006, 11:22:18 am

You quote thy self?

Ralphyt

Quote from: Ralphyt on February 21, 2006, 11:24:45 am
Quote from: hawgdawg on February 21, 2006, 11:22:18 am

You quote thy self?

This is like an episode of  twilight zone

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on February 20, 2006, 08:58:37 pm
brewer is not overrated at all

he is an athlete, and has al lthe tools to be an all star

No way he ever becomes an all-star in the NBA.  Won't happen.  Did you see the All-star rosters this year?  Tell me one person on those rosters you would have sat down to let him play?  None.  He will be a role player in the NBA, at best. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Ralphyt

Quote from: othermac on February 19, 2006, 08:45:44 am

You just hang out here smiting people every hour when the time limits up?

HogFather

Ralphyt

hoggystyle78

From what I've heard from all the people who are supposed to know, there's NO WAY that Ronnie goes out early, his parents want him to graduate and money is not a prblem for the Brewer family, Boothead made a very nice living in the NBA. And in my opinion, once the international players are added to the draft projections, Ronnie will still be first round but not a lottery pick. He needs the extra year to get stronger, work on his outside shot and his decision making with the ball, he will afterall have to play the point in order to stick in the NBA.