Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: RD on June 05, 2009, 01:59:16 pm
Those on cell phones don't give a frick about I'm on a boat...so stfu

Now look what you did.....

bamahogfan

Quote from: imhogwild2 on June 05, 2009, 02:11:05 pm
so if they don't finish the game today then will they do it before tomorrows game?

No, I think they would play tomorrow's game then complete today's game following the second game.  Hmmm never mind I doubt it. 

TNhawgfan

Quote from: bamahogfan on June 05, 2009, 02:13:42 pm

No, I think they would play tomorrow's game then complete today's game following the second game.  Hmmm never mind I doubt it. 
You can't start a second game in an important series until you know the results of the first game
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

spehog

Just move the game here for he rest of the series. This is terrible and it's going to happen tomorrow too, good grief.
Woo Pig.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bogustus

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 05, 2009, 02:12:58 pm
The field already looked terrible. If they decide to play on it today it will be a slop. Advantage to...?

Quick.  Someone get Razorturf on a plane.

RazorBrat

Quote from: THExONE on June 05, 2009, 02:10:42 pm
sorry for the double post but posting angain I think this might have been lost on the end of last page.

Can these SR games be called after a certain amount of innings?

I don't think so. Both coaches were willing to call the FSU vs OSU blow out, but NCAA made it go 9.

hogfan064

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 05, 2009, 02:12:58 pm
The field already looked terrible. If they decide to play on it today it will be a slop. Advantage to...?

Hogs are good with slop

Hawgin84

Quote from: Kevin on June 05, 2009, 02:15:23 pm
bad weather, no sellout, thanks ncaa

Maybe the NCAA learned something; Naaaaaaaaaaa.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Hawgin84

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 02:16:18 pm
Hogs are good with slop

I hope so. Seems like that's what they'll be playing in.

capehog

What is the score and what inning. Cant get the game where I am
Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

welchog

I wish we had the home field too, but you got to earn it. 

On that note, Creighton and NU should not have the eternal home field advantage in the CWS.  It should rotate as well.

Hawgin84

Quote from: capehog on June 05, 2009, 02:18:03 pm
What is the score and what inning. Cant get the game where I am

Bottom of 5, 2-1 Hogs. FSU has runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs.

Clint Alan

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E
Arkansas        0   1   0   1   0                        2    4    1
Florida St.      0   1   0   0                             1    6    0

0 runs, 2 hits, 2 men on, 0 outs

BOTTOM 5th
RAIN DELAY
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

gohogs13

Can someone tell me what inning we are in and what the score is...I am at work and have not been able to check it. Thanks!

welchog

Quote from: gohogs13 on June 05, 2009, 02:19:55 pm
Can someone tell me what inning we are in and what the score is...I am at work and have not been able to check it. Thanks!

Hit the refresh button.  You missed the score by 20 seconds.

gohogs13

chiefsfan

so whats the deal folks  are we planning on restarting soon?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Triple T

There was rain in the forecast in Tallahassee last Saturday. This was expected to happen both Friday and Saturday all day yet the NCAA still gave them the regional. Like the ESPN analyist said, this is absurd. The players should not have to be put through this and the coaches are getting fed up. On top of this, there are maybe 3,000 people at their stadium and couldn't even sellout any of the games to my knowledge.

This game would BE OVER and we could all be celebrating by now if the Super Regional was up here, even at 11am there would've been at least 10k people in the ballpark, maybe more with good weather.

Shame on you, NCAA. Another sub par job.

John Futrall

My prediction is that Casey Dick throws a pass to London Crawford on 4th down to win it

bsking

Quote from: Triple T on June 05, 2009, 02:25:25 pm
There was rain in the forecast in Tallahassee last Saturday. This was expected to happen both Friday and Saturday all day yet the NCAA still gave them the regional. Like the ESPN analyist said, this is absurd. The players should not have to be put through this and the coaches are getting fed up. On top of this, there are maybe 3,000 people at their stadium and couldn't even sellout any of the games to my knowledge.

This game would BE OVER and we could all be celebrating by now if the Super Regional was up here, even at 11am there would've been at least 10k people in the ballpark, maybe more with good weather.

Shame on you, NCAA. Another sub par job.

What do you expect?  Do you think they actually put thought into who hosts?

Hogger

Doesn't look like it is going to let up anytime soon!

booogaga

well f state is the worse defensive team i think. plus if we get their ace out of the game after these long delays (he is at 68 pitches ) it could be for us
GO HOGS!

3kgthog

But FSU had a better season! They deserve it! Whatever. When their own coach said he would understand if we got the bid it should've been over right there.

StewDogg11

Haha, we are now watching College Football Live otherwise known as the Tim Tebow/Sam Bradford/Colt McCoy Show.

Hawgin84

It looks like once this passes through, it will be finished raining for the day, FWIW.
It'll probably do the same ole crap tomorrow.

claycohog

We can host a regional as the 2nd seed in the past but now can't get the super regional even though we outbid FSU.  Is it about money or not?

razobak

I've figured out the AA in NCAA means Anti-Arkansas.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

mj4president

We need to shut them down this inning. It they put up 5 or 6 I think we can cancel Christmas on this game.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

ENHOG

Have they played enough innings to call it and HOGS WIN????
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

mj4president

Quote from: ENHOG on June 05, 2009, 02:34:15 pm
Have they played enough innings to call it and HOGS WIN????

Nope. They have 2 on ZERO out in the bot of the 5th. We need to get out of the jam.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Veritas Arkansas

It's about seeding.

Theirs was higher than ours.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Clint Alan

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E
Arkansas        0   1   0   1   0                        2    4    1
Florida St.      0   1   0   0                             1    6    0

0 runs, 2 hits, 2 men on, 0 out

BOTTOM 5th
RAIN DELAY

jst01

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 05, 2009, 02:35:14 pm
It's about seeding.

dude. we all know. But when its clearly obvious that it rains all afternoon this time of year in Florida, why the hell make the teams go thru this crap. It does this every day during summer in Florida and every person in the south knows it.

claycohog

It's about seeding.

Then why did we host a regional as a 2 seed a few years back?

Hawgin84

It's about seeding.

We know that, we just want to biotch!

Hawgndaaz

It's about seeding.

exactly.

if we were seeded higher than someone yet they got to host the regional, this place would implode.

bsking

It's about seeding.

Not entirely.  It is factored in, but it seems like the ability to play baseball on the given dates would be looked at as well.

Clint Alan

BroyledNutts

I know its not helping Keukel stay warm, but these delays seem to be keeping FSU's hitters out of rythm...They might be kicking our $$$ if this hadn't happened...

jst01

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 05, 2009, 02:38:44 pm
They might be kicking our $$$ if this hadn't happened...

patience....its still early.

010HogFan

I know its not helping Keukel stay warm, but these delays seem to be keeping FSU's hitters out of rythm...They might be kicking our $$$ if this hadn't happened...

True. maybe it will throw off their current rally like it threw ours off.

Clint Alan

*GAME ALERT*

IF IT RAINS AGAIN, LIKE IT DID PREVIOUSLY(RAINING ITS ARS OFF) GAME WILL NOT BE RESUMED TIL TONIGHT

THEY WILL PLAY IF IT IS LIGHT RAIN. CHUCK SAYS THERE IS ANOTHER CELL MAKING ITS WAY TO TALLY RIGHT NOW

Hogtropolis™

Are they going to be able to finish the game today?

bsking

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 05, 2009, 02:39:53 pm
True. maybe it will throw off their current rally like it threw ours off.

Im hoping, even though their rally consist of two weakly hit ground balls that found their way through the infield.

claycohog

or we might be kicking their a$$.  When we had the bases loaded and no one out I thought the momentum was with us.

bsking

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 05, 2009, 02:40:45 pm
*GAME ALERT*

IF IT RAINS AGAIN, LIKE IT DID PREVIOUSLY(RAINING ITS ARS OFF) GAME WILL NOT BE RESUMED TIL TONIGHT

THEY WILL PLAY IF IT IS LIGHT RAIN. CHUCK SAYS THERE IS ANOTHER CELL MAKING ITS WAY TO TALLY RIGHT NOW

and im guessing it wouldnt be televised.