Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bear Alexander USC DT in portal now

Started by KalenTheBoar, April 09, 2024, 12:48:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KalenTheBoar

AwholeHog

Quote from: KalenTheBoar on April 09, 2024, 12:48:46 pmWill Sam take a look?

Highly unlikely. BA's football career has been something that would qualify as a Bravo network series. His 'mentor' Tony Jones pulled him out of Georgia because they would not guarantee him (Jones) that Alexander would have a starting spot for 2023. Now there has been the same kind of issues at USC. My advice to Mr. Alexander would be to rid himself of his 'mentor' and try to fix the reputation that he carries now asap.
As far as Sam or anyone else, I'm sure the schools in Texas (where he's from) will be willing to give him a try based on his talents and abilities.
He's also a two time transfer, and I think he'll have immediate eligibility again. All the TP and NIL stuff has pretty much worn me out as far as keeping it straight anymore.

Archawg

Quote from: AwholeHog on April 10, 2024, 12:58:45 amHighly unlikely. BA's football career has been something that would qualify as a Bravo network series. His 'mentor' Tony Jones pulled him out of Georgia because they would not guarantee him (Jones) that Alexander would have a starting spot for 2023. Now there has been the same kind of issues at USC. My advice to Mr. Alexander would be to rid himself of his 'mentor' and try to fix the reputation that he carries now asap.
As far as Sam or anyone else, I'm sure the schools in Texas (where he's from) will be willing to give him a try based on his talents and abilities.
He's also a two time transfer, and I think he'll have immediate eligibility again. All the TP and NIL stuff has pretty much worn me out as far as keeping it straight anymore.

Agree with your first paragraph.  Which is strange position for BA's advisor.  All you want to do as a DT is to be in the rotation.  Most teams that means be in the top six. If you perform, you will get more playing time. With his talent, he should be in the top six at any university.

Hog66

Quote from: Archawg on April 10, 2024, 04:53:42 amAgree with your first paragraph.  Which is strange position for BA's advisor.  All you want to do as a DT is to be in the rotation.  Most teams that means be in the top six. If you perform, you will get more playing time. With his talent, he should be in the top six at any university.
Y'all are overthinking it. His handler thinks someone else be willing to pay more

HogBreath

They can keep him...don't want nuffin to do with USC or their little Muss bus.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Grizzlyfan

7 schools in 7 years going back to high school?  Not high maintenance at all.

Archawg

Quote from: Hog66 on April 10, 2024, 12:56:36 pmY'all are overthinking it. His handler thinks someone else be willing to pay more

Certainly what I suspected. Someone has there greed over what's best for BA.

hobhog

Quote from: Archawg on April 10, 2024, 01:37:45 pmCertainly what I suspected. Someone has there greed over what's best for BA.

Another NIL/portal casualty.

Mike_e

Quote from: AwholeHog on April 10, 2024, 12:58:45 amHighly unlikely. BA's football career has been something that would qualify as a Bravo network series. His 'mentor' Tony Jones pulled him out of Georgia because they would not guarantee him (Jones) that Alexander would have a starting spot for 2023. Now there has been the same kind of issues at USC. My advice to Mr. Alexander would be to rid himself of his 'mentor' and try to fix the reputation that he carries now asap.

I thought they killed the bevo network.

;/
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Lincoln (sic) Riley finally details conversations with Bear Alexander

Transfer rumors

by: Grant Grubbs

QuoteOn April 9, reports surfaced claiming USC defensive end Bear Alexander planned to re-enter the NCAA Transfer Portal. Alexander began his career at Georgia before transferring to USC ahead of the 2023 campaign.

Less than 24 hours after the rumors emerged, Alexander put them to rest. The former four-star recruit publicly addressed the whirlwind gossip.

Riley backed Alexander's claims.

"I know there was a bunch of stuff on the outside, I know he felt the need to address it just because there was so much on the outside, which can kind of start anywhere and everywhere this day and age. Kind of like they are every other week, just checking in with him.

"He's been a little injured out here, nothing crazy, but hasn't been able to go full-go in practice and that's been tough for him because he's dying to be out there with his teammates, he's excited to get coached by Henny (defensive line coach Eric Henderson) and by Shaun and develop and learn this new defense. The biggest thing with him right now is just dealing with the frustration of not being healthy and wanting to be out there with the guys."

USC needs Alexander on the field.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net