Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dont Like the CBB Contract?

Started by jcbville, October 02, 2017, 05:20:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbville

Have a look at this. LMAO Tiger Rant losing it over "O" The Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC

"LSU's contract is actually with "O" The Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC, which was incorporated last January when he got the job. It lists as its officers Ed Orgeron, his wife Kelly and New Orleans attorney William Neilson. It runs through 2021 and pays him about $3.5 million per year, with various incentives, plus benefits such as membership in the University Club of Baton Rouge and a $2,000-per month carer's allowance.

If Orgeron is fired "without cause" (namely for losing too much rather than NCAA violations or legal issues) prior to Nov. 28 of each year, then he is owed $12 million this year, $8.5 million next, $6 million in 2019, $4.5 million in 2020 and $1 million in 2021. Those numbers are "minus compensation paid during the terminating year." So subtract $3.5 million pro-rated at however many months he's worked that year."

https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-stuck-ed-orgeron-184838225.html

Tusks

Moving up the ladder in the SEC is ripe for the taking.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

onebadrubi

I'd be more shocked if more coaches didn't have LLC's setup for their contracts.  It's a formality most likely done for protection along with taxation.

jcbville

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 02, 2017, 05:27:54 pm
I'd be more shocked if more coaches didn't have LLC's setup for their contracts.  It's a formality most likely done for protection along with taxation.

Yeah they're more hung up on the name of the LLC, how it looks now with the actual contract, and how it should have been a clue to where this was heading. Lol

HogPharmer

I know we fans have not been too thrilled with the start of our team this year, but I can only imagine what it's like to be in Baton Rouge right now... Have to admit, it puts a smile on my face every time I think about them losing to Troy.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

jcbville

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 02, 2017, 05:31:13 pm
I know we fans have not been too thrilled with the start of our team this year, but I can only imagine what it's like to be in Baton Rouge right now... Have to admit, it puts a smile on my face every time I think about them losing to Troy.

I enjoyed the LSU and Tenn games so very much this weekend.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jcbville on October 02, 2017, 05:29:43 pm
Yeah they're more hung up on the name of the LLC, how it looks now with the actual contract, and how it should have been a clue to where this was heading. Lol

What would be really funny is if there is one of those clauses were if he were fired, his buyout would be reduced by that Rosy Finch Boys income, well if Rosy Finch is then unemployed because Rosy Finch Boys II is now employed by X university.  A lot of loop holes are created by using that.  Again, as much money as the guys are making, they have smart attorneys, lawyers, and tax help on retainer, I'd be extremely shocked if more aren't setup this way or going that way.

Cinco de Hogo

Is this like fake news or something!

jcbville

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 02, 2017, 05:39:13 pm
Is this like fake news or something!

Lol nope. Thought it was a joke at first too. Its so good.

PorcineSublime

Wonder if he has a family member that requires a sitter/caregiver or if the carer's is a misprint for car?
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Seebs

I am doing an evil mustache twist as i write this -
So my highly recruited son is riding the pine at LSU. He has proof of his illegal recruiting from Ogeron. He approaches a booster and lets him know he will spill the beans for a mere $5MM. The booster kicks it upstairs. Another Ole Miss scenario happens and they terminate Coach O on the cheap and with cause. Everybody is a winner.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

007 License To Squeal

"O" THE ROSY FINCH BOYZ, L.L.C.

Company Number
Status
Active In Good Standing
Incorporation Date
17 January 2017 (9 months ago)
Company Type
Limited Liability Company
Jurisdiction
Louisiana (US)
Agent Name
WILLIAM A. NEILSON, SR
Agent Address
NEILSON-SPAULDING, LLC, 1100 POYDRAS ST, SUITE 2100, NEW ORLEANS, LA 701632100
Directors / Officers
EDWARD J. ORGERON, JR, member
KELLY L. ORGERON, member
WILLIAM A. NEILSON, SR, agent, 21 Mar 2017-
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

NuttinItUp

PonderinHog

PorkSoda

man, the SEC west is collapsing.  its a shell of its former self.  is Alabama the only SEC west program not on life support?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 07:32:11 pm
man, the SEC west is collapsing.  its a shell of its former self.  is Alabama the only SEC west program not on life support?

INO bama has killed the rest of the conference. No one wants to go to school in the
SEC west. It's easier to go to the playoff at Clemson, FSU, OU than it is to go to any school other than bama in the SEC west.

greasy_corner

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 02, 2017, 07:50:12 pm
INO bama has killed the rest of the conference. No one wants to go to school in the
SEC west. It's easier to go to the playoff at Clemson, FSU, OU than it is to go to any school other than bama in the SEC west.

It's definitely not a CFB division for the lazy, unmotivated, stubborn, poorly prepared, and weak-minded coaches.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 07:32:11 pm

Pretty much.

The only other team in the west to match Alabama on the field in the last 5 years has been Auburn when they went to the BCS NCG.
This is my non-signature signature.

Drop the Mike

Alleva must have read about Bielema's buyout and said "Hold my beer".

factchecker

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 02, 2017, 07:48:40 pm
Ha ha...is it weird that I found this strangely hilarious...

It's a redo of the original:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkSoda

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 02, 2017, 09:55:16 pm
Pretty much.

The only other team in the west to match Alabama on the field in the last 5 years has been Auburn when they went to the BCS NCG.

still, it used to be competitive, especially for the 2 and 3 spot.  now TAMU wants to fire Sumlin, OM is about to get the death penalty, LSU lost to troy, we suck worse than the aggies, and MSU barely mediocre.  There have even been grumblings at Auburn, but everyone else sucks so bad, they are the default #2 behind bama.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 10:10:02 pm
still, it used to be competitive, especially for the 2 and 3 spot.  now TAMU wants to fire Sumlin, OM is about to get the death penalty, LSU lost to troy, we suck worse than the aggies, and MSU barely mediocre.  There have even been grumblings at Auburn, but everyone else sucks so bad, they are the default #2 behind bama.

Florida: Same QB problems that have bothered their roster since Muschamp.

USCe: They will not see the same level of success again for 20 years. They have historically been somewhere above Kentucky/Vanderbilt and will remain there indefinitely. There isn't another Holtz/Spurrier coming to coach there.

Kentucky: They are a little bit better and now all their basketball fans are thinking they know something about football but the doosh I work with doesn't even know the difference between a Draw and a Counter. That's the problem with KY football. If they start to suck, they will just start watching basketball.

Mississipi State: They share the bottom two spots in the West with Ole Miss. They are better than they have historically been in the past. Mullen will leave and nobody will want to come in and coach them because Mullen couldn't even with the division.

Ole Miss: I think this pretty much speaks for itself.

aTm: They are building the same problems that Mack did at Texas and it's showing on the field.

Alabama:  I think this pretty much speaks for itself.

Auburn: Giving the fans a taste ever couple years won't let Gus keep his job. They will be rid of him within 3 years if he doesn't beat Alabama or win the conference.

Georgia: Solid team and very efficient defense. They will win the East this year, and it isn't close.

Vanderbilt: is still Vanderbilt.

Tennessee: will probably sue Butch Jones for defamation after their last game. They are still putting together the lawsuit.

Missouri: They are hanging out down there with Kentucky and Vanderbilt lately. Missin some Pinkel.

LSU: Ole Miss made the mistake of hiring Ed Orgeron and it didn't work. USCw had a little success with him but remembered that Ole Miss had already made that mistake and passed. Alleva apparently decided that USCw & Ole Miss were wrong. Alleva will be looking for a new job on November 1st.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 10:00:43 pm
It's a redo of the original:

Gawdammit that is still hilarious all these years later.

31to6

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 02, 2017, 07:03:19 pm

There is no doubt in my mind, whatsover, that this is *exactly* how the pitch to the LSU BoT went down.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: 31to6 on October 02, 2017, 10:57:01 pm
There is no doubt in my mind, whatsover, that this is *exactly* how the pitch to the LSU BoT went down.

Them crazy Rosy Finch Boyz.

HardCore

At least their AD was intelligent enough to make the roll over date Nov 28.  Our pathetic excuse for an AD wasn't even bright enough to give himself THAT leverage.....January 1st???  Give me a break.  At season end, all of the available hot prospects are taken up by that time.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hog N Bama

Wonder when Tiger Bait is going to chime in? Hmmmm ;D

Großer Kriegschwein

hawgon

Quote from: jcbville on October 02, 2017, 05:20:32 pm
Have a look at this. LMAO Tiger Rant losing it over "O" The Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC

"LSU's contract is actually with "O" The Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC, which was incorporated last January when he got the job. It lists as its officers Ed Orgeron, his wife Kelly and New Orleans attorney William Neilson. It runs through 2021 and pays him about $3.5 million per year, with various incentives, plus benefits such as membership in the University Club of Baton Rouge and a $2,000-per month carer's allowance.

If Orgeron is fired "without cause" (namely for losing too much rather than NCAA violations or legal issues) prior to Nov. 28 of each year, then he is owed $12 million this year, $8.5 million next, $6 million in 2019, $4.5 million in 2020 and $1 million in 2021. Those numbers are "minus compensation paid during the terminating year." So subtract $3.5 million pro-rated at however many months he's worked that year."

https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-stuck-ed-orgeron-184838225.html

That is a lot more reasonable than the one Long saddled us with.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

And to make matters worse, they cant afford to fire him because they're still paying Les Miles and wouldn't be able to pay the new coach  :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 03, 2017, 07:46:27 am
And to make matters worse, they cant afford to fire him because they're still paying Les Miles and wouldn't be able to pay the new coach  :D
and oil is still cheap  :P

AugustaHog

Quote from: HardCore on October 03, 2017, 06:45:20 am
At least their AD was intelligent enough to make the roll over date Nov 28.  Our pathetic excuse for an AD wasn't even bright enough to give himself THAT leverage.....January 1st???  Give me a break.  At season end, all of the available hot prospects are taken up by that time.
Yeah the gigantic, unnecessary buy-out is brutal, but the Jan. 1 reduction date is even worse.  I've said all along that 8 mil is a tough pill to swallow, but that 15 mil albatross is undoable.  If you could get the right boosters on board, perhaps a deal could be worked out to meet in the middle at a date earlier than Jan. 1.  This thing was done by design obviously so I don't think JL will be seeking an out.  JL wanted to be handcuffed to keep CBB around through year 6 and 7.  That's the only explanation for why you would do a deal this bad.  He didn't want external pressure forcing his hand.  It ultimately may be his undoing.  If the ship is righted, then he will be applauded for having the foresight to lock in the time necessary to build a program.  If it continues down this same path, the absurd buy-out will virtually guarantee that he will not be the one to hire the next coach. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawgon on October 03, 2017, 07:35:15 am
That is a lot more reasonable than the one Long saddled us with.

If you take into account the resume of each coach, not a chance in he L l.

jcbville

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 02, 2017, 07:48:40 pm
Ha ha...is it weird that I found this strangely hilarious...

As soon as it got to the CEO bits it was gold lol

jcbville

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 03, 2017, 08:27:46 am
Yeah the gigantic, unnecessary buy-out is brutal, but the Jan. 1 reduction date is even worse.  I've said all along that 8 mil is a tough pill to swallow, but that 15 mil albatross is undoable.  If you could get the right boosters on board, perhaps a deal could be worked out to meet in the middle at a date earlier than Jan. 1.  This thing was done by design obviously so I don't think JL will be seeking an out.  JL wanted to be handcuffed to keep CBB around through year 6 and 7.  That's the only explanation for why you would do a deal this bad.  He didn't want external pressure forcing his hand.  It ultimately may be his undoing.  If the ship is righted, then he will be applauded for having the foresight to lock in the time necessary to build a program.  If it continues down this same path, the absurd buy-out will virtually guarantee that he will not be the one to hire the next coach.

If you look at the contract rationally you quickly realize that they negotiated a 7 year deal.

jcbville

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 03, 2017, 08:29:32 am

Also this.

hawgon

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 03, 2017, 08:29:32 am

If you take into account that one is an initial contract and the other was an unnecessary extension awarded after an extremely mediocre season where an already favorable buyout was further sweetened,....you're even more wrong AGAIN.

jcbville

Quote from: hawgon on October 03, 2017, 08:49:50 am
If you take into account that one is an initial contract and the other was an unnecessary extension awarded after an extremely mediocre season where an already favorable buyout was further sweetened,....you're even more wrong AGAIN.

Cant take a break from the butt hurt and laugh at LSU?

AugustaHog

Quote from: jcbville on October 03, 2017, 08:35:18 am
If you look at the contract rationally you quickly realize that they negotiated a 7 year deal.
No doubt.  JL went all in on CBB.  Only two things can happen and the cards aren't falling his way right now.  I'm just stunned at how little noise we are hearing from the big boy boosters.  Maybe that amplifies if we lose 3 or 4 in October, but typically with this kind of mediocrity, the big dollars are already barking.  Either they are biding their time, scared off by the buy-out, or JL has really convinced them that we are on the verge of something special.  Only time will tell.

hawgon

Quote from: jcbville on October 03, 2017, 08:54:08 am
Cant take a break from the butt hurt and laugh at LSU?

Why would I laugh at LSU when our situation is even worse?  Where several years into the unnecessary extension and the buyout is still three million more than the one for LSU.  It isn't prorated and it has numerous other crappy provisions.

It's sole purpose was to make the firing of Jeff Long's guy more or less impossible for the better part of a decade.

jcbville

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 03, 2017, 09:04:06 am
No doubt.  JL went all in on CBB.  Only two things can happen and the cards aren't falling his way right now.  I'm just stunned at how little noise we are hearing from the big boy boosters.  Maybe that amplifies if we lose 3 or 4 in October, but typically with this kind of mediocrity, the big dollars are already barking.  Either they are biding their time, scared off by the buy-out, or JL has really convinced them that we are on the verge of something special.  Only time will tell.

This is a very fair summation I think. Jeff Long and the BoT made their bet. Now they're waiting on the turn and the river lol.

AugustaHog

I would venture to say that while they are both absurd and without acceptable reason, "O" was the worse decision.  He has never been anything more than a very good DL coach and recruiter.  He did an admirable job as interim coach at USC and LSU.  It's hard to understand hiring him, much less committing yourself to him for that length of time.  With CBB, at least there was a previous track record of success and promising early signs.  If you had to write a 5 mil dollar check to re-boot and become successful, it's totally worth it.  12-15 mil is just un-thinkable.  I suppose if you had a Saban or Urban, hell maybe even Chris Petersen, you do what it takes to get them committed to you and grin and bear that massive buyout.  That's an incredibly safe investment with all 3 of those guys because they have an elite track record at multiple schools.  As an AD, I know if I put them in a good environment, 10 win seasons are piling up in no time and I'm going to look like a genius.  Nobody will ever sweat that buyout.  With CBB and O's history, that is no such guarantee and that's bearing fruit as we speak.

onebadrubi

It's a complex conversation and deeply complex to discuss the two in the same argument, we see though that you aren't capable of having that conversation. 

I viewed the extension as Bielema getting what he was originally going to get anyways as far as income.  When he came here, he turned down money to put back in to the assistant pool for their salaries.  The extension gave him that and then showed that the AD and BoT along with the program we committed to his rebuild.  It did a swell job of proving just that, whether you like it or not.  At this time he was a proven hot commodity in the industry, viewed as one of the best actually, and he had the national media and most teams around the country talking about arkansas and saying how nobody wanted to play them at that point. 

Buyouts of large sums of money are just becoming the landscape of college football, like it or not.  It's extremely easy to look back now and judge that decision, but you weren't doing it back when it was released.  It similar to questioning trying a QB sneak on 4th and inches, extremely easy after the play is over.

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 10:10:02 pm
MSU barely mediocre.

I'm not so sure they are even mediocre.  Everyone took notice because they beat LSU, but as it turns out LSU it absolutely horrible.  In their last two games, when they finally played good teams, Mississippi State has been outscored 79-13.

EastexHawg

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 03, 2017, 09:04:06 am

If you have been successful enough in life to become a "big boy booster" I think the odds are almost zero that you are going to fall for Long trying to convince you that we are on the verge of something special.  Carnival barkers may be effective in some circumstances and places, but conversations with people who have built multi-million dollar companies aren't among them.

The NewEra

I recorded the LSU game so I could watch it last night.  It is so much fun watching them look terrible.  I can't stand the fanbase or the team.  Watching their administration blow coaching searches, firings and contract negotiations has been icing on the cake.  Pure comedy!

jcbville

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 03, 2017, 10:55:07 am
If you have been successful enough in life to become a "big boy booster" I think the odds are almost zero that you are going to fall for Long trying to convince you that we are on the verge of something special.  Carnival barkers may be effective in some circumstances and places, but conversations with people who have built multi-million dollar companies aren't among them.

They are known for having patience and being methodical however.