Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Special teams disaster

Started by hawgon, October 05, 2017, 10:05:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 06, 2017, 09:01:12 am
Would hate to be Limpert right now. He has to be praying that we don't get backed into a corner where we absolutely have to attempt a critical FG.

Wow, you don't have much respect for the guy. I bet he's praying he gets to attempt a critical game winning field goal against Alabama.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on October 05, 2017, 03:15:43 pm
I'll bet you a dollar it means something on Saturday.

It may. Doesn't make your statistics any less irrelevant up to today. The argumehtbthat us not making a field goal is the end of the world when we've only been in the position to even need to kick two of them is pretty laughable. That's completely independent of what happens this weekend. Hell I actually saw somewhere that CBB said Hedlund was still the place kicker.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 06, 2017, 09:12:04 am
Wow, you don't have much respect for the guy. I bet he's praying he gets to attempt a critical game winning field goal against Alabama.

My intent was to recognize the pressure he must be under given recent events. Don't read a bash or lack of respect into that.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 05, 2017, 12:47:38 pm
It's possible. After the TCU game he said we may just go for it on 4th down from now on.

I heard a sounbyte from the radio today where CBB essentially said he wanted the new kid to have another week.  Im guessing they didnt think he was quite ready last game.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: riccoar on October 05, 2017, 11:54:32 am
Just a question because I've not heard it asked.  Has Bielema given up on FG's for the season?

Could be.  Maybe it's because coach BB doesn't like giving 2nd team players game experience.  Since Hedlund was #1 this year, we may have to wait till next year, to see who the FG kicker will be.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

longpig

Iirc, early on Bret Arnold attributed some special teams woes to not having enough versatile FB/TE size players.   
Don't be scared, be smart.

Quickdraw

When you don't hire a special teams coach because you don't think its important part of the game you will never have a good special teams period.