Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snow in May-June vacation?

Started by Snort and Squeal, May 03, 2009, 02:08:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snort and Squeal

Does anywhere in the mountains still have snow at the end of May or the first of June?  My wife loves the snow and hates summertime so I would love to surprise her with a snowy summer trip.
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

Earl

We were in Lake Tahoe last Memorial day, it snowed every day but there was not enough snow on the mountains to snow ski. It was beyond beautiful tho, espeially the drive around the lake, almost a full day trip.

Oklahawg

I reference this is the ABQ/Santa Fe thread.

Chama, NM, is one of my favorite destinations anywhere.

Here is one interesting website: http://www.cumbrestoltec.com/.

The train goes from 10K to 14K in elevation on its journey. We loved it. You should be able to see snow on the peaks until early- to mid-June, depending on the weather there. We went in mid-July one summer. 100 degrees between NE OK an where we turned off of I40 heading north. They told us that the last of the snow melted within 10 days of our visit, but that it was a bit unusual for it to wait that long.

If you get that direction by mid-June I bet you could scout around and find snow.

Great food an hour south, in the Sante Fe area (and, yes, that's important to me).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra