Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alvin Roberston vs. Russell Westbrook

Started by snoot hoggy hog, April 16, 2017, 06:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

This is the honest to god truth. Ask anyone who teamed up with Alvin in the NBA and ask them who on that team they'd least like to "get it on" with and I promise you they'd say Alvin Robertson. Another thing, in a fight with O' Neal and Robertson, I'd lay 2-1 that Alvin would whip that big SOB's ass. I've seen it many a time, the huge guy doesn't know how to fight and is totally depending on his size to intimidate the small man into not fighting. Well, Alvin Robertson would call a polar bear's bluff. Robertson over O' Neal in less than a minute.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 23, 2017, 12:18:02 am
This is the honest to god truth. Ask anyone who teamed up with Alvin in the NBA and ask them who on that team they'd least like to "get it on" with and I promise you they'd say Alvin Robertson. Another thing, in a fight with O' Neal and Robertson, I'd lay 2-1 that Alvin would whip that big SOB's ass.

IMO Shaq was a bully.  Robertson would've would've whipped Shaq up one side and down the other. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 23, 2017, 12:20:53 am
IMO Shaq was a bully.  Robertson would've would've whipped Shaq up one side and down the other. 

LOL.  Yeah, and Roberto Duran would have KOed George Foreman in half a round.

Shaquille O'Neal might kill a normal sized man with one punch to the head.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 23, 2017, 08:52:37 pm
LOL.  Yeah, and Roberto Duran would have KOed George Foreman in half a round.

Shaquille O'Neal might kill a normal sized man with one punch to the head.

Ummmm, Shaq did punch Robertson and almost got killed. Lucky for Shaq nine people  knew how crazy Robertson. The only person that held Shaq back during that dust up was Donald Royal............................................ freaking Donald Royal.

CallMeAl

Westbrook could body slam Shaq, Charles Barkley, and Oliver Miller at the same time to complete a triple double.
Hog since birth.

EastexHawg

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on April 24, 2017, 08:03:56 am
Ummmm, Shaq did punch Robertson and almost got killed. Lucky for Shaq nine people  knew how crazy Robertson. The only person that held Shaq back during that dust up was Donald Royal............................................ freaking Donald Royal.

So you got out of that video that Shaq was afraid of Alvin and that if the altercation had continued Alvin would have beaten Shaq to a pulp?  I saw Alvin shove Shaq and Shaq throw a half hearted punch.  Apparently I missed the part where lethal weapon Alvin, who would fight a bear with a switch and whip him into submission, unleashed his own series of crosses and hooks against O'Neal's large, although high above him, noggin.  This is a pretty silly argument to have, but I'll tell ya, if they ever got in the cage for a fight my money would be on the 7'1", 325 pounder over the 6'3", 185 guy...Razorback or not.

Maybe we can find the video of where Alvin exacted his revenge and pimp slapped Shaq the next time he saw him.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 24, 2017, 09:46:54 am
So you got out of that video that Shaq was afraid of Alvin and that if the altercation had continued Alvin would have beaten Shaq to a pulp?  I saw Alvin shove Shaq and Shaq throw a half hearted punch.  Apparently I missed the part where lethal weapon Alvin, who would fight a bear with a switch and whip him into submission, unleashed his own series of crosses and hooks against O'Neal's large, although high above him, noggin.  This is a pretty silly argument to have, but I'll tell ya, if they ever got in the cage for a fight my money would be on the 7'1", 325 pounder over the 6'3", 185 guy...Razorback or not.

Maybe we can find the video of where Alvin exacted his revenge and pimp slapped Shaq the next time he saw him.

I saw Robertson take a punch and then land one squarely on Shaq's jaw afterwards Shaq walks away while Robertson had to be restrained.

Whether that equates to Robertson's daddy being able to whip Shaq's daddy isn't clear.

outlawhogeywells

Alvin was/is one bad dude.  Golden Gloves boxing champion. 
There was not an athlete on campus (Football or basketball) that wanted anything to do with Alvin.

EastexHawg

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on April 24, 2017, 01:10:06 pm
Alvin was/is one bad dude.  Golden Gloves boxing champion. 
There was not an athlete on campus (Football or basketball) that wanted anything to do with Alvin.

No doubt he was.  Julio Cesar Chavez was also a bad dude for a lightweight, but Mike Tyson would have decapitated him if they had ever stepped into the ring to fight.  There is a reason why there are weight classes in any kind of fighting.

Have any of you ever stood by one of those life size cardboard cutouts of Shaq they used to have in Foot Locker?  I am 6'5" and weighed about 245 at the time that scuffle took place and those cutouts were around.  Shaq made me look like a little kid in comparison.  The man could have seriously killed someone with his bare hands if he put everything he had into a punch that struck squarely or got his hands on someone.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 24, 2017, 01:39:09 pm
No doubt he was.  Julio Cesar Chavez was also a bad dude for a lightweight, but Mike Tyson would have decapitated him if they had ever stepped into the ring to fight.  There is a reason why there are weight classes in any kind of fighting.

Have any of you ever stood by one of those life size cardboard cutouts of Shaq they used to have in Foot Locker?  I am 6'5" and weighed about 245 at the time that scuffle took place and those cutouts were around.  Shaq made me look like a little kid in comparison.  The man could have seriously killed someone with his bare hands if he put everything he had into a punch that struck squarely or got his hands on someone.

LOL

You think that an untrained guy is better equipped to land punches than a trained boxer?

People trained in boxing can see your punch coming as you start to throw, dodge it and counter with a knockout shot before you could begin to react to block it.

Someone Robertson's size could kill you or Shaq with a well placed shot.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 24, 2017, 02:10:58 pm
LOL

You think that an untrained guy is better equipped to land punches than a trained boxer?

People trained in boxing can see your punch coming as you start to throw, dodge it and counter with a knockout shot before you could begin to react to block it.

Someone Robertson's size could kill you or Shaq with a well placed shot.

Just keep thinking whatever makes you feel better.  And...has anyone said a fight between those two would be conducted in a ring, with gloves, and under the governance of Marquess of Queensbury rules?

There is also the question of whether a 185 pound man's punches are going to do the same amount of damage to a 325 pounder that they would do to a man of similar size.  But you're right, Sugar Ray Leonard could have probably knocked out Joe Frazier or Ken Norton just as easily as Dave Boy Green.  Heck, I'm surprised they even bother having weight classes.  Just let them all fight each other.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 24, 2017, 03:50:41 pm
Just keep thinking whatever makes you feel better.  And...has anyone said a fight between those two would be conducted in a ring, with gloves, and under the governance of Marquess of Queensbury rules?

There is also the question of whether a 185 pound man's punches are going to do the same amount of damage to a 325 pounder that they would do to a man of similar size.  But you're right, Sugar Ray Leonard could have probably knocked out Joe Frazier or Ken Norton just as easily as Dave Boy Green.  Heck, I'm surprised they even bother having weight classes.  Just let them all fight each other.

I know a guy Robertson's size who paralyzed a guy with one punch and it wasn't a sucker punch.

How much more damage is necessary?

You obviously haven't been in many scraps is all I can say.

snoot hoggy hog

Like I said, it was a reason why Shaq was getting held back by Donald Royal. If you can kill people with your punches and tear down backboards, you're not going to let Donald Royal hold you back.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 24, 2017, 10:09:18 pm
I know a guy Robertson's size who paralyzed a guy with one punch and it wasn't a sucker punch.

How much more damage is necessary?

You obviously haven't been in many scraps is all I can say.

I'm sure it was a 7'1", 325 pound athlete with biceps as big around as your buddy's head that he paralyzed.  After all, they are so common.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 25, 2017, 08:56:16 am
I'm sure it was a 7'1", 325 pound athlete with biceps as big around as your buddy's head that he paralyzed.  After all, they are so common.

LOL

You are a mama's boy! You have zero clue about what full grown men are capable of or how fights are won.

Once you are big enough to break someone else's bones, it doesn't matter how big they are. It's just a matter of whether you can land the shot.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 26, 2017, 01:00:32 am
LOL

You are a mama's boy! You have zero clue about what full grown men are capable of or how fights are won.

Once you are big enough to break someone else's bones, it doesn't matter how big they are. It's just a matter of whether you can land the shot.

You sound like an expert on the topic, killer.  I've typically found that the little banty roosters are the ones who do all the talking when it comes to fighting.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 26, 2017, 08:47:55 am
You sound like an expert on the topic, killer.  I've typically found that the little banty roosters are the ones who do all the talking when it comes to fighting.

It's easy to tell that you have zero experience with fighting by your comments. I personally hate fighting but have been around it in different capacities.

If you had ever been to a tough man competition you wouldn't be saying the ignorant stuff you have so far. In tough man there aren't weight classes. I personally have seen a 5'10" guy knock a 6'8" 300 pounder cold to win the title before.

It happens all the time.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 26, 2017, 08:57:36 am
It's easy to tell that you have zero experience with fighting by your comments. I personally hate fighting but have been around it in different capacities.

If you had ever been to a tough man competition you wouldn't be saying the ignorant stuff you have so far. In tough man there aren't weight classes. I personally have seen a 5'10" guy knock a 6'8" 300 pounder cold to win the title before.

It happens all the time.

I'm not sure what your fascination is with my fighting experience; if I had to guess it would be because I mentioned my size.  I have had my share of guys, usually with little man complex, who decided they wanted to challenge the biggest guy in the room.  Operating a bar for 15 years didn't help with the frequency of it.

I didn't post in this thread to talk about me fighting or what a big, tough guy I am.  I entered a discussion about Alvin Robertson defending Russell Westbrook that morphed into whether Alvin Robertson could whup Shaquille O'Neal.  Those are the topics, not me. 

I've got an idea.  Why don't you drop the personal stuff about me and I'll do the same with you?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 26, 2017, 09:27:22 am
I'm not sure what your fascination is with my fighting experience; if I had to guess it would be because I mentioned my size.  I have had my share of guys, usually with little man complex, who decided they wanted to challenge the biggest guy in the room.  Operating a bar for 15 years didn't help with the frequency of it.

I didn't post in this thread to talk about me fighting or what a big, tough guy I am.  I entered a discussion about Alvin Robertson defending Russell Westbrook that morphed into whether Alvin Robertson could whup Shaquille O'Neal.  Those are the topics, not me. 

I've got an idea.  Why don't you drop the personal stuff about me and I'll do the same with you?

Yet you have told us you are big and how you have "had" your share of men while working at TGI Friday's.

LOL.

Your belief that a big guy's bones don't break as easily as a smaller guy's says a lot about your limited experience with arse whooping.

Not to mention that a man over 6 foot is bigger than 90% of men in the world. Which means that you don't have to be a freakishly huge person to inflict real damage on another person. Prison is full of guys who aren't huge who have maimed and killed while fighting but you keep claiming it doesn't happen with any frequency.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 26, 2017, 09:40:23 am
Yet you have told us you are big and how you have "had" your share of men while working at TGI Friday's.

LOL.

Your belief that a big guy's bones don't break as easily as a smaller guy's says a lot about your limited experience with arse whooping.

Not to mention that a man over 6 foot is bigger than 90% of men in the world. Which means that you don't have to be a freakishly huge person to inflict real damage on another person. Prison is full of guys who aren't huge who have maimed and killed while fighting but you keep claiming it doesn't happen with any frequency.

You say men over 6' tall are larger than the overwhelming majority and can inflict a lot of damage.  I agree.  Now...how much experience do you have with what muscular and superbly conditioned men who are 7'1" and 325 pounds can do?

Why don't we just drop this discussion?  I get it.  You don't think a basketball player who is a foot taller and 140 pounds heavier than his opponent has an advantage in a brawl.  Duly noted.

Peter Porker

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 24, 2017, 03:50:41 pm

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hawg414

Alvin Robertson, Shaq, Flash Gordon, or mini Ditka. 
Who ya got?

CallMeAl

Quote from: Hawg414 on April 26, 2017, 01:02:34 pm
Alvin Robertson, Shaq, Flash Gordon, or mini Ditka. 
Who ya got?

Ditka!! Not even Russell Westbrook could beat Ditka!
Hog since birth.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 26, 2017, 12:31:57 pm
You say men over 6' tall are larger than the overwhelming majority and can inflict a lot of damage.  I agree.  Now...how much experience do you have with what muscular and superbly conditioned men who are 7'1" and 325 pounds can do?

Why don't we just drop this discussion?  I get it.  You don't think a basketball player who is a foot taller and 140 pounds heavier than his opponent has an advantage in a brawl.  Duly noted.

It's not just about who can do the most damage when a punch lands. It's also about who can actually land the shot.

Of course the bigger guy can do the most damage in a static situation. The smaller guy is going to be much quicker though and that is huge as long as the bigger guy is kept on the outside.

In this case the "small" guy is is only small by comparison. Just saying both guys would be flirting with disaster in a fight because BOTH are capable of inflicting serious damage.