Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

November 21, 2015, 07:55:19 am #9100 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:20:59 am by jkstock04
I got SMOKED last weekend on football..see what happens today.

Mizzou +7.5, 5 units
Georgia/Georgia Southern over 50.5, 5 units
Illinois, +5, 3 units
Ole Miss, -6.5, 4 units
Southern Cal, +4, 3 units

Good luck everyone
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

North Carolina -3 / Dime Play.  Looks too easy. Beamer will have his Hokies ready to go.
Mich St +14.5 / 5 units
Louisville +2 / 3 units
Mich -3 bought hook / 3 units
OU -12 / 3 units
Aggies -5 / 5 units

That's what I have so far.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 20, 2015, 08:24:54 pm
Gut said south Florida and I went the other way....34-3 usf. I need a good saturday

I did the same thing.  Luckily Air Force kinda balanced it out.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

November 21, 2015, 08:49:23 am #9103 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:14:43 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Penn St. +4....L
Ohio state -14....L
Georgia state -3....W
Pitt -1.....W
Baylor -2....W
UTSA -3.....W

Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

I liked OU at -12, which it was on my site last night. Now it is -17.5, ugh. I missed it.

widespreadsooie

jkstock04

I'm gonna add Michigan st +14.5. I haven't researched it (other than knowing Ohio st weak schedule) but that seems like a lot of points to me for this game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

StuartDavin

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 21, 2015, 08:45:55 am
North Carolina -3 / Dime Play.  Looks too easy. Beamer will have his Hokies ready to go.
Mich St +14.5 / 5 units
Louisville +2 / 3 units
Mich -3 bought hook / 3 units
OU -12 / 3 units
Aggies -5 / 5 units

That's what I have so far.

I'm probably missing something, but why a dime play if you expect the Hokies to be ready to go?

McKdaddy

Quote from: StuartDavin on November 21, 2015, 10:01:20 am
I'm probably missing something, but why a dime play if you expect the Hokies to be ready to go?

Because talent says Carolina should win by 3 scores. Doesn't always work that way, but hoping it does.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

November 21, 2015, 12:07:38 pm #9113 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:20:33 pm by WILL CLINTON
Gonna play all my leans this week.

Georgia -14.5 v Georgia Southern
UNC -4.5 v VT
TAMU -7 v Vandy
Navy -12 v Tulsa
Indiana +2.5 v Maryland
Duke -2.5

Edit: I'm taking back Louisville. Not playing it.  I'm adding in Duke -2.5 though.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

This Penn state play calling is really making me mad. I hope we get them in a bowl game. It won't be pretty.

widespreadsooie

Cannot believe Carolina just fumbled that effing ball.  Game was friggin over
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

SPAL

DadVader1

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 21, 2015, 02:26:41 pm

Friggin TWICE when they could have put the game away.  Marquise kept them from winning by 2 or 3 scores.  Glad you at least got the push.

I still did ok following you off the books.  Michigan almost made my final cut, so I got a push and a W tailing you.  THANKS again!

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 21, 2015, 02:26:41 pm

You ain't lying. I was hoping they'd go into a 2nd OT and NC could pull it out. Brutal game.

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 21, 2015, 06:05:20 pm
Friggin TWICE when they could have put the game away.  Marquise kept them from winning by 2 or 3 scores.  Glad you at least got the push.

I still did ok following you off the books.  Michigan almost made my final cut, so I got a push and a W tailing you.  THANKS again!

Thanks.  I will take the push, but should have been easy cover.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 21, 2015, 06:46:01 pm
You ain't lying. I was hoping they'd go into a 2nd OT and NC could pull it out. Brutal game.

Push better than loss, but still.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

SPAL

4-2 on the day, both losses heads up with Jeff.

campushog23

3-1 on the day, got pretty lucky on the Bay/OK St. over. Two plays for Sunday so far:
Atl -5 3u
Den -1 2u

SPAL

November 21, 2015, 11:23:11 pm #9127 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:43:03 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
In the spirit of transparency, I've hit the 1000 dollar mark. I always start the season with 50 bucks and play moderately conservative and use the martingale system following a loss. My original bet size never changes. I've turned 50 into a grand.

Of course, Jeff plays that on one game every weekend, but it shows that it is possible to be successful with money management and smart investing. 

Huckleberry Pig

Hey guys, been a few years but am back.  Strictly tailing yalls plays. Took a&m and mich st. Today after reading this thread so thank y'all! (Did lose on the hogs though) netted +$37 on the day.  Y'all are good!

SPAL

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 21, 2015, 11:33:13 pm
Hey guys, been a few years but am back.  Strictly tailing yalls plays. Took a&m and mich st. Today after reading this thread so thank y'all! (Did lose on the hogs though) netted +$37 on the day.  Y'all are good!

Welcome back man

Huckleberry Pig

Thanks sir pigs! And I know the rules, not counting these as wins - I know the rules in here about that.  Just wanted to say thank y'all for the picks!

SPAL

You've been around long enough to have some credibility. Some newbie rolling through saying he went 11-2 on the weekend not posting jack is different.

WILL CLINTON

What a day. Completely whiffed on Duke and Georgia Southern, can't belive the Dawgs had to pull one out against them.  UNC should have won that game going away, which would have led to a 5-2 day, but instead I'll end up 4-3 considering the path San Jose St is on right now.

Georgia -14.5 v Georgia Southern L
UNC -4.5 v VT L
TAMU -7 v Vandy W
Navy -12 v Tulsa W
Indiana +2.5 v Maryland W
Duke -2.5 L
San Jose St -8.5 v Hawaii W

39-36-4 for the year

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 21, 2015, 11:33:13 pm

Welcome back buddy.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 21, 2015, 11:23:11 pm
In the spirit of transparency, I've hit the 1000 dollar mark. I always start the season with 50 bucks and play moderately conservative and use the martingale system following a loss. My original bet size never changes. I've turned 50 into a grand.

Of course, Jeff plays that on one game every weekend, but it shows that it is possible to be successful with money management and smart investing. 

That's a fantastic accomplishment.  Just a suggestion.  Resist the urge to buy something cool with that or doing something sensible like paying off a bill. 

Keep working your system and who knows after bowl season maybe you are up 2 grand.  Take at least half your winning and put it away.  Do not touch it.  Next year start with much larger bankroll.  Do not change the way you play.  Just betting larger amounts.

Do this every year, and before you know it you will be starting each season with a larger bankroll than the year before.  Also gives you the chance to really hammer down on a game you consider the closest there is to being a lock.

That said.  If you get up example 5,000.  Never bet more than 20% of your bankroll no matter how much you love a game. That way even if you lose it doesn't destroy your bankroll or mindset.  Still leaves you plenty of money to keep betting the way you want to.

Congrats buddy.
Let's make some waves.

Here comes the stupid nfl

Tampa +7 / 2 units
Bears pk / 2 units
Redskins +7 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

I'm going heads up with you again....

Eagles -6.5

Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 22, 2015, 08:52:10 am

That's a fantastic accomplishment.  Just a suggestion.  Resist the urge to buy something cool with that or doing something sensible like paying off a bill. 

Keep working your system and who knows after bowl season maybe you are up 2 grand.  Take at least half your winning and put it away.  Do not touch it.  Next year start with much larger bankroll.  Do not change the way you play.  Just betting larger amounts.

Do this every year, and before you know it you will be starting each season with a larger bankroll than the year before.  Also gives you the chance to really hammer down on a game you consider the closest there is to being a lock.

That said.  If you get up example 5,000.  Never bet more than 20% of your bankroll no matter how much you love a game. That way even if you lose it doesn't destroy your bankroll or mindset.  Still leaves you plenty of money to keep betting the way you want to.

Congrats buddy.

Good advice. When I started doing this , it was mainly for kicks. I never expected to have any kind of long term success. Then , over the years, I've started seeing it more of a way to invest and I started being sensible. I've established a system that works and instead of cashing it all out like normal, I plan to follow your advice and keep building it.

Huckleberry Pig

I almost refuse to touch NFL, no plays for me yet

onebadrubi

Making the locals mortgage payment today.

Panthers -4 first half
Panthers over 44
Panthers -6
Oak team total over 24.5
Denver ML
Atlanta -3 both get .5
Jets -3 bought .5
Pills/tamp O45
Indy/atlanta o47

Parlay
Eagles ML
Chiefs ML
Arizona ML

Liking Chiefs -3, Vikings, and arizona for later today as well. 

SPAL

Huckleberry Pig

You were all over the panthers onebadrubi, looks like it's gonna be a good call.  What sold ya on them?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 22, 2015, 02:23:28 pm
You were all over the panthers onebadrubi, looks like it's gonna be a good call.  What sold ya on them?

-Panthers real good at home ATS, other than a Bs back door game from colts
-Redskins suck ats on the road.
-Can newton is doing to the NFL what he did to the sec at Auburn. 
-Panthers D
-Redskins spent too much emotion on one win was week. 

Sadly, I played the game huge and most of my small bets under it didn't win.  Atl and the O really hurt me. They are quite sadly awful from the top down in that franchise and I keep telling myself to stop playing them.  They have cost me more than any other team this year possibly

SPAL

SPAL

November 22, 2015, 06:47:05 pm #9145 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:09:27 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
13-15 NFL picks
38-19 NCAAF
0-3 NCAAB

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 22, 2015, 06:46:01 pm
1-1 today

Packers bailed me out

Where has that D been the past 4-5 weeks?  They should be a top team playing like tonight.  Not real sure I understand their ups and downs. 

I'm chasing tonight with cards bought down to -3 and a small parlay with arizona -3, over 45(bought way down) and Portland trail blazers -2.  Need these plays after an awful weekend.   

MS_HogFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 21, 2015, 11:23:11 pm

That is pretty incredible. Congrats
SOOIE

DadVader1

Another good week, going 7-2 for +10 units.  That makes it 79-57-1 for +31 units ytd.  I won't come anywhere near Sir Pigs' fantastic results (CONGRATS!!!), but I'm just under 3 units away from a 4x return on my starting bankroll.  This is the time of year when I wish we had a few more weeks of college fb ... I found a few very nice trends, including one that was 49-7 going into the weekend, and it went 5-1 on the weekend so now stands at 54-8.  Unfortunately, the spreadsheets don't typically do so well on rivalry weekend.  The saying that "you can throw away the numbers" when it comes to predicting big rivalry games is surprisingly true.  Hopefully, my mega-trend will pick a few games that aren't big rivalry games. 

Oh, and Sir Pigs called it about me choking on big plays  :)  NC was my largest play of the season at 5 units (2 "on the record" and 3 "off the record" tailing Jeff), and friggin Marquise Williams snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Fortunately, at least the 3 "off the record" ended up in a push.  Still, late in that game, I was starting to do the internal calculations on adding that 5 units into the W column. 

hogsanity

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 23, 2015, 09:51:15 am
Another good week, going 7-2 for +10 units.  That makes it 79-57-1 for +31 units ytd.  I won't come anywhere near Sir Pigs' fantastic results (CONGRATS!!!), but I'm just under 3 units away from a 4x return on my starting bankroll.  This is the time of year when I wish we had a few more weeks of college fb ... I found a few very nice trends, including one that was 49-7 going into the weekend, and it went 5-1 on the weekend so now stands at 54-8.  Unfortunately, the spreadsheets don't typically do so well on rivalry weekend.  The saying that "you can throw away the numbers" when it comes to predicting big rivalry games is surprisingly true.  Hopefully, my mega-trend will pick a few games that aren't big rivalry games. 

Oh, and Sir Pigs called it about me choking on big plays  :)  NC was my largest play of the season at 5 units (2 "on the record" and 3 "off the record" tailing Jeff), and friggin Marquise Williams snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Fortunately, at least the 3 "off the record" ended up in a push.  Still, late in that game, I was starting to do the internal calculations on adding that 5 units into the W column. 

That NC game cost me a huge 5 team parlay payoff.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE