Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Putting SEC recruiting in perspective.....

Started by Sow’sEar, February 05, 2015, 12:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow’sEar

According to one national recruiting service look at the conference rankings for recruiting this year:

http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=9&c=14&view=2&yr=2015

With numbers like that this conference will continue to be a murderer's row....

redeye

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Lulu Hog on February 05, 2015, 12:36:35 pm
According to one national recruiting service look at the conference rankings for recruiting this year:

http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=9&c=14&view=2&yr=2015

With numbers like that this conference will continue to be a murderer's row....
The Hogs' star average is above the average of every other conference.

Atlhogfan1

It illustrates the advantage Oh St and FSU have.  "SEC level" recruiting exceptions. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

redeye

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 05, 2015, 12:44:41 pm
SEC got half the available 5* recruits.  Wow.

And the B1G didn't get a single one.  Even the ACC signed 6 of them.

WizardofhOgZ

A little off-topic, but a surprise to me . . . Texas Tech's average-per-recruit was #22, slightly ahead of us (#24).  Not that I'm concerned with them - just surprised me a little.

I'm not one to get caught up in "stars".  But I have been an observer of recruiting for several years, enough to know that Tech is not often ranked that high either.  It won't matter for "Coach GQ", however, unless he wins some games this year.  I keep hearing from my Tech friends that he is not nearly as well liked by the people that matter as folks on the outside think.  If he doesn't win 7 or more games this year there's a good chance someone else will be coaching this latest class of recruits.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Arkansas's WR/TE are ranked 15.  tOSU WR/TE aren't ranked.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!