Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RBs of the future?

Started by razorjack12, February 05, 2015, 05:05:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack12

After J Will and Alex depart - who do we have on deck?

I haven't heard many people discuss our lack of quality depth at RB...but if Alex goes pro after 2015 we may be in trouble at that position.

LAHogfan123

Love those Hogs

Denzel Evans, Juan Day and Rawleigh Williams.  Will probably try to sign a stud RB in this upcoming class as well.  Devin White from LA is a main target.
Hogs 4 Life!

WADHOG

Juan Day is a beast of a back.

The_Bionic_Pig

Just noticed this outside Joel Thomas UA office....

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawg IQ

Quote from: razorjack12 on February 05, 2015, 05:05:42 am
After J Will and Alex depart - who do we have on deck?

I haven't heard many people discuss our lack of quality depth at RB...but if Alex goes pro after 2015 we may be in trouble at that position.
This was one of the big concerns of this class IMHO. Needed one more quality running back. I think R Williams III is top notch, but we needed one more. Olines are a big deal yes, but look average without guys like Collins and J Will running behind them.
Filled a lot of needs with this class, but lacking here also.
go hogs go !

logand02

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 05, 2015, 05:55:05 am
Denzel Evans, Juan Day and Rawleigh Williams.  Will probably try to sign a stud RB in this upcoming class as well.  Devin White from LA is a main target.

Agreed. This spring and year will be telling about Evans.  Either he with be 3rd on the depth chart or will be out of the mix.  If Day over takes him I would say he won't see the field.  But Evans is a solid back and I hope he contributes.  Day will be a John Clay type back and RW3 will be a star.  We aren't in dire straights. 

Tim Harris

I'm not to worried about depth.  It would take several injuries this year for us to have issues.  It is easy for a freshman to come in and contribute as a freshman.  We will go after several good ones this year and probably sign 2 RBs.

PaintballHog

We have to sign a top rb next year.

Jek Tono Porkins

Running back is one of those positions where freshmen can immediately contribute.
It is a pressing question, though. Bielema's offense isn't one where you can have one star running back run for 2,000 yards a season. He runs the ball so much that he needs multiple backs. His Wisconsin 2010 team had RS Junior John Clay, Sophomore Montee Ball, and freshman James White each rushing for 1,000 yards.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Tim Harris

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on February 05, 2015, 07:53:46 am
Running back is one of those positions where freshmen can immediately contribute.
It is a pressing question, though. Bielema's offense isn't one where you can have one star running back run for 2,000 yards a season. He runs the ball so much that he needs multiple backs. His Wisconsin 2010 team had RS Junior John Clay, Sophomore Montee Ball, and freshman James White each rushing for 1,000 yards.

I think alot of it just depends on what he has at RB.  Montee Ball had 1923 his JR season and 1830 his SR season.

PorkRinds

Unless he has an absolute MONSTER year, AC isn't going pro.  From what I've heard (I know everyone has a source) AC believes he needs a year without JWill as the "feature back" before he goes pro.  Unless something drastically changes, AC comes back for his senior year.