Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving onto 2016

Started by GrizzlyRider07, February 04, 2015, 01:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

So with Jordan Jones and TJ Hammonds both in next year's class, I'm really hoping we can have them both. But I was just curious to know, whose the better player out of the two will they both be a 4* type of recruit at receiver or more of a Deon Stewart type kid?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Tsarcasm

I think jones will be a 4*,  I dont know about much about TJ hammonds, but from what i have seen from him, he very well could be.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

hawgfan4life

Get Agim.  He will be coveted more than KJ Hill was next year.  Book it!

HogCzar1

Must get a couple elite running backs.

The_Iceman

Gotta get Capps and Hardwick.

jgphillips3

We need a 4*/5* caliber running back next year.  It has been a great mystery to me why we haven't had more interest from elite backs this year.  Next year, that is a must get position.

duckman

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 04, 2015, 09:58:58 pm
We need a 4*/5* caliber running back next year.  It has been a great mystery to me why we haven't had more interest from elite backs this year.  Next year, that is a must get position.

Bet you a large chunk of money we got one this year, RW3 will be a great one.  How he wasn't rated higher is beyond me.  Great get today.

passinghog

We really need to sign a full line next year. Not to mention, there's a strong need for 2 high caliber running backs. Do whatever it takes to get them.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: duckman on February 04, 2015, 10:05:09 pm
Bet you a large chunk of money we got one this year, RW3 will be a great one.  How he wasn't rated higher is beyond me.  Great get today.
Because they can't be a 4* or higher if they don't have a Bama offer.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 04, 2015, 01:52:59 pm
So with Jordan Jones and TJ Hammonds both in next year's class, I'm really hoping we can have them both. But I was just curious to know, whose the better player out of the two will they both be a 4* type of recruit at receiver or more of a Deon Stewart type kid?

Hammonds is a solid player but I doubt he's a 4 star and he's very comparible to Stewart as a slot receiver, punt returner etc. He is heavier then Stewart, but prolly not quite as fast.

Tim Harris

Those 4/5* guys aren't going to come wait their turn for a team that has won 14 games in 3 seasons.  With JWill and Collins both here guys know their carries will be limited.  Next year 1 and maybe both of them will be gone so it will be easy to sell multiple 1,000 yard seasons, early playing time, etc...  I think we end up getting 2 RBs next class.

Hoggish1

Elite backs, perhaps more than any for other position, want to play on day one.

I think we will have many stud running backs wanting to sign LOIs to be Hogs February 2016...

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 05, 2015, 07:54:13 am
Those 4/5* guys aren't going to come wait their turn for a team that has won 14 games in 3 seasons.  With JWill and Collins both here guys know their carries will be limited.  Next year 1 and maybe both of them will be gone so it will be easy to sell multiple 1,000 yard seasons, early playing time, etc...  I think we end up getting 2 RBs next class.

We really need an Elite back. Not just a solid 3-star, but a real immediate difference maker, like a Nick Chubb.

#1BOOM

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 05, 2015, 09:12:11 am
We really need an Elite back. Not just a solid 3-star, but a real immediate difference maker, like a Nick Chubb.
Those type of players fail to come around on a yearly basis.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: #1BOOM on February 05, 2015, 10:11:02 am

No doubt.  We need to sign at least one D-Mac type back every year.  Ha.   

The_Iceman

Quote from: #1BOOM on February 05, 2015, 10:11:02 am

Which is why we are signing one three years after our last one (Alex Collins).

I don't think it is inconceivable for the type of RB-based offense we run to get a high 4-star or 5-star RB every 3 years.

GrizzlyRider07

What was Nick Chubb rated coming out of High School
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 05, 2015, 10:39:13 am
Which is why we are signing one three years after our last one (Alex Collins).

I don't think it is inconceivable for the type of RB-based offense we run to get a high 4-star or 5-star RB every 3 years.

I think that is what you will see happen.  Every couple years get a highly rated one and then the others will be solid options.  I think this year will be Crockett and then someone out of state.

DeltaBoy

Gee I just know resting and your all running toward 2016.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on February 05, 2015, 10:15:12 am
No doubt.  We need to sign at least one D-Mac type back every year.  Ha.   

IF not a DMAC at least a Fred Talley or Cedric Cobbs...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TX HOG