Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reed vs Hill

Started by outlawhogeywells, February 04, 2015, 12:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

Did we get a better player in Reed vs what Hill is?

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PorkRinds

Anyone who wants to be a hog > anyone who wants to be a Buckeye

PaintballHog

The better player right now? Reed.

Which will be the better player for their senior season? Well Hill has 4 years to develop while Reed only has 2, so I don't know.

WriterWrong

There's no way of knowing until both have played significant time at this level. Hill has 4 years to contribute at OSU while Reed has just 2 here. But, Hill may not see the field for a couple years. You just never know.

code red

Reed Will Push Hatcher and Cornelius.  Those 2 ended the year catching the ball and running routes as well as any other Hog.  I really like Cornelius..I think he could be that quick over the middle guy much like Adams and Wright.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jgphillips3

Hill was a little more of a complete slot receiver but has nowhere near the speed of Reed.  In terms of what we desperately need, speed and ability to get separation, Reed is probably better, but we only get him for 2 years.  However, getting Reed definitely softens the blow and Jordan Jones will make people forget Hill existed most likely.

hawgwild child

Better now I think Reed.  Probably a bit more polished at the moment, as far as potential I don't think so.  I think reed can come in and finally be that deep threat we have been missing

opineonswine

In terms of character, I'll take a genuine person over an apparent drama queen/flake any day of the week.  In terms of on-the-field production, I guess we'll find out soon.  I like our chances.

code red

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 04, 2015, 12:21:00 pm
Hill was a little more of a complete slot receiver but has nowhere near the speed of Reed.  In terms of what we desperately need, speed and ability to get separation, Reed is probably better, but we only get him for 2 years.  However, getting Reed definitely softens the blow and Jordan Jones will make people forget Hill existed most likely.
If you put Reed in the split....on run set's with the box loaded....he could be an asset/weapon from the jump.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 12:17:54 pm
The better player right now? Reed.

Which will be the better player for their senior season? Well Hill has 4 years to develop while Reed only has 2, so I don't know.

This.

I think Reed will blow up his SR. I'm not sure of the impact he can have next year coming so late in the Summer.

mbgrulz

Quote from: code red on February 04, 2015, 12:22:32 pm
If you put Reed in the split....on run set's with the box loaded....he could be an asset/weapon from the jump.
I agree...Reed is a definite matchup problem out wide. Hill is a good WR, but is he better than Hatcher? Cornelius? JoJo? Who knows? But, I do know that we can use Reed in a very specific way.

navyhog24

robs4516

First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

sickboy

You hire the person... not the resume.

Amityvillehogger

The filters need to automatically change KJ Hill to Dominique Reed or Jordan Jones from now on. !!!

:D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Kevin

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2015, 12:17:47 pm
Anyone who wants to be a hog > anyone who wants to be a Buckeye

+1
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

yraciv

KJ Hill is qualified already, Reed is not, so that speaks to intelligence.  KJ Hill's 3 finalist included two Top 5 programs in the country, while Reed had great offers as well, they aren't on the same level.  KJ is also 2 years younger and didn't have near the offers coming out of HS.

Now I like Reed's skill set and I think it is pretty evident he can come in and play. But I'm not going to try to twist the fact that KJ is the better prospect, player, and was our #1 target at WR. Let's just pray he qualifies because the young man struggles with college algebra.

The real Hogules

Quote from: yraciv on February 04, 2015, 12:41:48 pm
KJ Hill is qualified already, Reed is not, so that speaks to intelligence.  KJ Hill's 3 finalist included two Top 5 programs in the country, while Reed had great offers as well, they aren't on the same level.  KJ is also 2 years younger and didn't have near the offers coming out of HS.

Now I like Reed's skill set and I think it is pretty evident he can come in and play. But I'm not going to try to twist the fact that KJ is the better prospect, player, and was our #1 target at WR. Let's just pray he qualifies because the young man struggles with college algebra.

That pretty much sums it up.
IF Reed can get qualified he's by far the better WR, as far as our needs go.
Reed's bigger, faster and has played against Juco competition, which is a step up from HS.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 04, 2015, 12:52:35 pm
That pretty much sums it up.
IF Reed can get qualified he's by far the better WR, as far as our needs go.
Reed's bigger, faster and has played against Juco competition, which is a step up from HS.

Reed was listed at 6'2" 172lbs on the UofA bio.
Another Arkansas native has picked the Razorbacks! Welcome @Speedkills_03 to the family! #BeUncommon #WoooPig http://t.co/DTdI3qYDAL

TNRazorbacker

Missing on KJ hurts. Lets not pretend it doesn't. We have a definite playmaking deficit at WR and KJ is a top rated talent in our own back yard that fits the bill. In order for this program to rise to the next level its precisely these type kids we must hold on to.

That being said whats done is done. I do like what the staff is doing from a recruiting standpoint and love Bielemas ability to develop. I dont know much about the Reed kid. Hopefully he'll be eligible and able to make an impact.

Temprees

Quote from: yraciv on February 04, 2015, 12:41:48 pm

Reed has Sunday talent. 

rusvegashog

Definitely Reed? Who's Hill?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 04, 2015, 12:16:20 pm
Did we get a better player in Reed vs what Hill is?
With Reed we got a fine one. And without the Hill baggage.

Hogfan46

Quote from: rusvegashog on February 04, 2015, 01:07:55 pm
Definitely Reed? Who's Hill?

Benny??  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ragnar Hogbrok

I just watched Reed's JUCO videos.  I thought he was playing against high school kids.  He runs smooth and looks like he's running slow, but he's easily outrunning all of the other teams' secondary (hint:  that's where the speed of the defense is located).

I think Reed is the missing piece we need to stretch the field as a true down field threat.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

scruf

Reed is definitely faster and will do more to stretch the field. In a perfect world, we sign Jordan Jones next year, he redshirts, and then replaces Reed after Reed's SR year.

The_Iceman

I honestly think Reed fits more of what we need than Hill. KJ plays more of the same position as JoJo and Cornelius. We needed that big play threat that would be catching the playaction deep pass. At 6'4" with legit 4.4 speed, I think Reed is the better fit.

(although I think KJ is the better player)

LAHogfan123

Quote from: opineonswine on February 04, 2015, 12:22:00 pm
In terms of character, I'll take a genuine person over an apparent drama queen/flake any day of the week.  In terms of on-the-field production, I guess we'll find out soon.  I like our chances.

This all in for the win!  To much drama for the other kid, I'll take Reed in a heartbeat and I like what I've seen of reed playing, plenty of speed to get separation, something we have been lacking, something Hill was not going to bring.  Reed is all in in being a Razorback, WPS!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 04, 2015, 01:19:52 pm
I honestly think Reed fits more of what we need than Hill. KJ plays more of the same position as JoJo and Cornelius. We needed that big play threat that would be catching the playaction deep pass. At 6'4" with legit 4.4 speed, I think Reed is the better fit.

(although I think KJ is the better player)

I hate to keep posting it, but the UofA bio on Reed says 6'2" 172lbs......

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2015, 01:26:54 pm

I think they are going off old information.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 04, 2015, 01:28:37 pm

So, our coaches/staff don't have up to date info?

Großer Kriegschwein

Coffeeville JC reporting him as 6'3" 170

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2015, 01:29:51 pm
So, our coaches/staff don't have up to date info?

??? Who knows. I've heard from 6'2" - 6'4" and from 162 - 190 lbs

ijustpork

Reed wanted to play for the hogs, hill didnt. Enough said regarding who is better.

Montez looks good in his otato state gear...rent must be cheap in ohio.

texas tush hog

Been10Hog

and 247 says 6'4" 185# with reported 4.39 speed elsewhere. Let us at least enjoy the fantasy awhile

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits

Been10Hog

I don't need "College Algebra" to say 6'4" with 4.39 speed >>>>> 6'0" with 4.44 speed and family drama issues

pondwater jack

Quote from: Been10Hog on February 04, 2015, 01:35:36 pm
and 247 says 6'4" 185# with reported 4.39 speed elsewhere. Let us at least enjoy the fantasy awhile

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits
Hey yraciv!  There is some optimism taking place here!  Stamp it out before someone smiles and laughs...
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 04, 2015, 01:31:52 pm
??? Who knows. I've heard from 6'2" - 6'4" and from 162 - 190 lbs

I hope he's 6'4" 200lbs and runs a 4.26.......

bigred223

I would have loved to have both guys. Reed is very talented though, and Im guessing he will have a chance to come in and earn a spot.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bigred223 on February 04, 2015, 01:41:09 pm
I would have loved to have both guys. Reed is very talented though, and Im guessing he will have a chance to come in and earn a spot.

By signin a JC player they are banking on him playing.

ricepig

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2015, 01:40:45 pm

Me to brotha

Been10Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2015, 01:40:45 pm
I saw the ESPN "30 for 30" on Randy Moss. I believe that was close to the numbers listed for him, or 4.29 40. He was a beast!

downsouthhawg72

To be honest. Getting Reed is a bigger need than getting KJ. Getting KJ would've been great but we have players that plays the same postion he does & probably can do the same thing he does. JoJo is the same type of player & we get him for another 4 years. Put Reed in the Mix..which is a player we don't have on the team at all makes us way way more dangerous than not having Reed & having KJ.
DownSouthHawg

HogInFlorida

KJ Hill was IMO the most polished receiver this year, and I watched a lot of WRs tapes. He had elite quickness with good speed, great hands and great physicality, while also running great routes. He would have been the best WR we have signed in a LONG time. It's silly to act like we're better off without him just because he has a crazy stepdad. Does nobody remember Alex Collins' mom?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

ZERO

I'm honestly still sour about losing Hill. He was a terrific player at a position of dire need. We would have finished in the top 20 for sure had he stayed. Nonetheless, this happens at least once every year, and we just have to do what we've always done - move on and focus on the replacement we found. Reed seems like a real baller and I have no doubt he'll contribute.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Großer Kriegschwein

Somebody just tweet him and .....shite I'll do it.

I don't typically tweet athletes, but whats the worst that can happen?