Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official NSD Thread

Started by Peter Porker, February 04, 2015, 05:29:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hoglady

Quote from: scorekeeper on February 04, 2015, 07:49:33 am
Do we just sign 22 and use the remaining 3 next year?

Sykes should be 23 - hoping for Reed and Scott to choose Arkansas today.
Then we have a full house.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

woodrow hog call

I encourage everyone to read the bio's on the players we have signed
Not the stats, the personal part at the bottom.
You will see a trend developing, UNCOMMON is not Just a slogan,
that's truly the type if young men we are bringing in.
Very easy to root for guys like we are signing today.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

aaronpjones21

It'd be really cool to see all the big-time recruits we have choose us on NSD, but it's even better that 7 or so of them are already on campus getting better. That's a real win. It doesn't get headlines, but it's better.

ADavisTheGOAT

I think we get Reed and Scott.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PaintballHog

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2015, 07:56:31 am
You could easily say Froholdt. .Merrick. .Graham was 3 of our biggest targets. So far toby and Hill was expected to leave. No shocker. This will be the best class ever regardless of the last two guys.

Good point, let me rephrase. I meant our biggest targets going into today.

Peter Porker

Bret Bielema (@BretBielema) tweeted at 7:57 AM on Wed, Feb 04, 2015:
Excited to add this native Arkansan! @DeontaeStewart #WoooPig http://t.co/GXYw8Tp7zM
(https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/562973283969429504?s=03)

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

CattleCorn

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  18s19 seconds ago
@TheN8Dalton on DB @CoachJ4_UofA n his role
"I feel like I'll be coached by one of the best. "Whatever they need me to do than I'll do it."

That's how to #BeUncommon.   :razorback:

AugustaHog

If we get Sykes, Scott, and Reed to finish, I will be really pumped.  That would mean every single guy is a good quality football player.  We have never had a class that is that consistently good throughout. 

Paul

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 07:52:04 am

If we don't get Reed, then we whiffed on 3 of our biggest targets late that we had the lead on at some point but let slip away. Never said this wasn't going to be one of our best classes regardless.
With Reed's cousin Keaton walking on, I'd say we get Reed

hoglady

Don't know how anyone can be too disappointed.
We got most all of the top players in Arkansas, we've got an outstanding group from Florida, making some inroads back into Texas and LA.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2015, 08:02:22 am
We got most all of the top players in Arkansas, we've got an outstanding group from Florida, making some inroads back into Texas and LA.

Yep, even Bama doesn't hit 100%, great class. I wonder who #25 is?

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

wildhogman

Just glad for the ones we get. Its shaping up to be a good class top to bottom. Hate losing a few but guess I can understand their reasons.  Stil its a great day to be a Hog

Peter Porker

Razorback Football  (@RazorbackFB) tweeted at 8:04 AM on Wed, Feb 04, 2015:
We have another #TexHog! Welcome @williesykes11 to Razorback country! #BeUncommon #WoooPig http://t.co/FC2o7OVWrn
(https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/562975040564895747?s=03)

mccurdy

Can we please start a thread for people to talk about the few we didn't get?

Smokehouse

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2015, 06:45:11 am
Im not going to lie, when it got to Mrs Storey I choked up. Good stuff.

I laughed when they listed Nevada among the "who's-who" of teams that recruited him.

One of these things is not like the others...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Oklahawg

OK, tards.

This is the National Signing Day Thread. Beef elsewhere. Talk about non-UA recruits elsewhere. Zero tolerance.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wooderson

Is Nate Dalton from Louisiana or Texas?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

PaintballHog

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2015, 08:02:09 am
Toby and hill. Toby mom wanted him closer to home and Hill parents wanted him to leave the state. How is that discouraging ?

That they are the two highest rated guys on our list, that we had the lead on at some point, let slip away. Nobody is knocking the rest of our class or anything like that, but it's not outrageous to be disappointed with this morning so far.

Peter Porker

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 04, 2015, 08:06:00 am
OK, tards.

This is the National Signing Day Thread. Beef elsewhere. Talk about non-UA recruits elsewhere. Zero tolerance.

Thank you!  We've got a great class! 

Now, if you want to go jump off a cliff, fine. Let me know the where and when and I'll be there to give you a helpful push.

Carry on and WPS!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Oklahawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 08:06:58 am
That they are the two highest rated guys on our list, that we had the lead on at some point, let slip away. Nobody is knocking the rest of our class or anything like that, but it's not outrageous to be disappointed with this morning so far.

Continuing to post after warning will get you banned.

Fair warning to all.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PonderinHog

Some of you need to

Awesome class!  Plenty of studs and zero duds!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

secneahog

Quote from: Wooderson on February 04, 2015, 08:06:29 am
Is Nate Dalton from Louisiana or Texas?

Texas.  High school teammates with Sykes

Peter Porker

Dirty

OK, tards.

Thank You

Jackrabbit Hog

OK, tards.

I love you, man.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

gmarv

what a deep class of quality kids,they will do great things.wps

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2015, 08:02:22 am

+ 1000. i am very excited about this class. GO HOGS.

Peter Porker

Razorback Football  (@RazorbackFB) tweeted at 8:12 AM on Wed, Feb 04, 2015:
Help us welcome homegrown @DreGreenlaw to the program! #BeUncommon #WoooPig

More Info > http://t.co/xLqBJpsiK7 http://t.co/RQZDQpHAHK
(https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/562977029059252226?s=03)

Oklahawg

Remember when this took all day? We'll be done by our mid-morning caffeine break.

Keep the thread clean, please.

Peter Porker

Boardon Hamsay

Thanks for all the links to bios, etc. +1

Look forward to hearing CBB recap the class.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

scruf

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 08:06:58 am
Froholdt is a 96 on 247, which is higher than Toby and KJ, who are both 94 - same as Hog commit CJ O'Grady.

online-with-swine

With Sykes, how many are we sitting at?

SoonerSooie

How or why anyone would wanna keep posting "yea, buts" is really beyond me! It is like some just want to find fault with what is undeniably a fantastic class of young men!

Hats off to our coaching staff that has put together an outstanding class of Uncommon young men!

WPS!!!!!!!!!!

PaintballHog

So is Sykes officially the replacement for Scott?

CattleCorn

CattleCorn

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

hogcard1964

Bowing out of this thread.  Language not appreciated.  Take care and peace...

wildhogman

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2015, 08:14:11 am
Dre Greenlaw

http://arkrazor.com/nsd15/greenlaw.html
this makes number 16?  These signed letters come at ya so fast it will mess you up;)
Dang and got another as I was typing lol. Thanks to those keeping us updated.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hollywood_HOGan45

I believe some people are mad because we landed our most highly rated recruits so much earlier.
Fans wanted today to be an eventful day but most of our studs have been on campus for over a month.

Second year in a row NSD has been a bit anticlimactic.

online-with-swine

Quote from: CattleCorn on February 04, 2015, 08:16:54 am
16 signed.  23 committed.

Thanks,  who are going to be 24 and 25?  Scott and Reed, maybe.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 04, 2015, 08:18:44 am
Bowing out of this thread.  Language not appreciated.  Take care and peace...

Lol.  Wut?