Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: TDHog on February 12, 2006, 01:06:03 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 01:04:00 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 12, 2006, 12:59:22 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 12:54:22 pm
Quote from: TDHog on February 12, 2006, 12:41:57 pm

Your post count comment discredits you.

Your personal attacks toward another poster discredit you.

Settle down.

Come on notshavin,

I know you are a true Hog, don't defend HIM

I will even defend TulsaHawg against extreme personal attacks. 

Notice I said extreme.  We all go back and forth on here, all in fun. 

I think you can disagree with someone but still show respect.

and I ask you, what was my attack?

Telling a veteran poster to take his smart arse comments elsewhere.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TDHog

February 12, 2006, 01:13:20 pm #51 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 01:16:21 pm by TDHog
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 01:09:54 pm

Settle down.

Come on notshavin,

Well, that was not meant as a personal attack and if it was seen as one I apologize to HIM, but I stand by the fact posting opinions are fine but stricitly for reaction is uncalled for veteran or not.

NATEHOGG216

and the shorthorn avatar on a HOG site is refrickindickless
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Quote from: TDHog on February 12, 2006, 01:13:20 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 01:09:54 pm

Settle down.

Come on notshavin,

Well, that was not meant as a personal attack and if it was seen as one I apologize to HIM, but I stand by the fact posting opinions are fine but stricitly for reaction is uncalled for.

I thought you said you were leaving?
;D
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Cornhogio

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 01:16:00 pm

I thought you said you were leaving?
;D

I think he just meant he was going to disengage as far as this thread.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

12under

mccurdy wont even play that much next year.  gary ervin will beat him out rather easily

hogtheball

Quote from: 12under on February 12, 2006, 04:02:01 pm
mccurdy wont even play that much next year.  gary ervin will beat him out rather easily

What is it you know about Gary Ervin that we don't?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

12under

probably nothing.  just from watching him a few games last season and watching mccurdy play this season.

hogtheball

Is this the same ERvin I watched.  Averaged 7 points per game and 4 assists.  3 turnovers.  Shot 35% from the field and 22% from 3-point line.  If McCurdy is intimidated by Ervin he shouldn't play.  Ervin has experience and will help the team next year.  He's not necessarily any better than McCurdy based on what he did as a starter the last two seasons.   McCurdy can shoot circles around Ervin, as I'm sure Ervin would tell you.  Ervin is a little quicker and can handle the ball in a press pretty well.  I think Ervin and McCurdy will share time at point, but McCurdy will also play the 2 guard because of his shooting abilities.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

12under

yes it is the same ervin you watched.  i thought gary ervin was very quick and ran his team very well.  i dont think that he is unbelievable, just a good point guard.  btw, this is not an indictment on mccurdy, just dont think he will beat out ervin

hogtheball

Actually, when you say "mccurdy wont even play that much next year.  gary ervin will beat him out rather easily" I would consider it an indictment if I was any college ball player with a chance to start.  I bet Ervin would disagree with you.  Nobody who shoots 22% from three point line is going to easily beat out any point guard in the SEC. 

If I said to you, next year McCurdy will start at point guard and average 7 pts., 4 assists, and 3 turnovers per game, would you think those numbers sound bad?  You'd probably think we would need a new point guard.  Those were Ervin's sophomore year stats.  I hope Ervin is the next Steve Nash - and I'd like to see McCurdy have a Travis Ford-like career.  I bet their PT is almost equal next year.   I just hope McCurdy doesn't read a bunch of posts like your and decide to transfer to Villanova, Maryland, or one of the other schools that recruited him.

12under

id love to have seven points,  maybe six or seven assists with 2 or three turnovers out of our point guard next year.  and i really dont care if you think i am throwing mccurdy under the bus or not.  i am not.  and if mccurdy reads what i or anyone else on this board says and decides to transfer, he really doesnt want to be here anyway.  btw, what % does dontell shoot from the 3 pt line.  not a flame, i really dont know and dont care enough to look it up.

hogtheball

Take McCurdy's stats (he's averaging 7.5 minutes per game) and Multiply them by 4 like he was playing 30 minutes per game.  That's what Ervin averaged last year. 

McCurdy would be averaging 9 pts., 6 assists, and 5 turnovers per game.  those numbers are a lot better than Ervin his freshman year (4 points, 4 assists, 4 turnovers per game - at 30 minutes).  And McCurdy shoots 40% from the 3-point line so he creates more problems for the defense.   I don't know which one is better, but it's certainly not as clear-cut as you say.  I think Ervin will have a fight on his hands.

hogtheball

Oh, and Jefferson shoots 22%, just like Ervin.

12under

you cant multiply minutes and come up with any real concrete numbers.  if mccurdy played more he might average no more points or 20 more points, we dont know.  i already know mccurdy shoots a pretty good %, but what about dontell?

12under

you beat me to the end of my message, and evidently someone who shoots 22% from the three point line has won a point guard job rather easily

hogtheball

Sure, he's a senior whose been starting on and off for three seasons in the SEC competing against a freshman who sat out his entire senior year in high school because of a severly broken foot.  I know you can't extrapolate numbers and call a kid great, but you also can't write a kid off as a sub because you saw 2 MSU games last year and think Ervin was superior. 

What is your problem with McCurdy, anyway?  Can't you just admit he was a talented high school player who led the #2 team in the nation to a 32-0 record and has a chance to play at the UofA.   God knows we have room on this team for more than one decent guard the next couple of years.

12under

ive seen about 15 msu games in ervins career there and am not basing my opinion on 2 games.  and for the 3rd time, i have no problem with mccurdy, just think gary ervin will run our team better.  mccurdy is the best point guard to ever come out of high school.  there, does that make you happy?

hogtheball

What would make me happy is if my 1-yr.-old would quit screaming. lol.  And I've only seen Ervin play 2 or 3 times.  One time he was really good.

fineswine

After Ervin transferred here, Heath said one of the two main concerns whenever we played MSU while Ervin was there was, guess who, ERVIN!  I think that speaks volumes.  If I am going to have to look forward to McCurdy seeing extended minutes at the 2 next year, I think I'll buy my NIT tickets now and avoid the rush.

hogtheball

Quote from: fineswine on February 12, 2006, 05:02:29 pm
After Ervin transferred here, Heath said one of the two main concerns whenever we played MSU while Ervin was there was, guess who, ERVIN!  I think that speaks volumes.  If I am going to have to look forward to McCurdy seeing extended minutes at the 2 next year, I think I'll buy my NIT tickets now and avoid the rush.

You don't think Heath said that to make his new player feel good, do you?  Of course he said good things about his new guard, what else would he do. 

fineswine

Heath did not have to extend a scholarship to Ervin.  You don't give one up to just pay lip service.

hogtheball

When has a college coach ever given a scholarship without saying good things about the player?  Seriously...   Of course he is worthy of a scholarship, he was a starter in the SEC.  Do I need to print all the good things Heath said about McCurdy when he was signed.     

All I was arguing is that the starters for next year have not been determined - and to say that Ervin is far and away better than McCurdy is tough to back up with stats.  I bet they both start next year.

uagradmom

All McCurdy needs is CONFIDENCE.  Basketball blood runs in his veins...he's a natural......his dad was a star at Richmond, his maternal grandfather played semi pro basketball in Indiana and coached for thirty years at the largest high school in Indiana, his two uncles were Mr. Indiana Basketball.......all he needs is a chance and consistency with playing time.  Give the kid a chance.

othermac

February 12, 2006, 06:03:07 pm #75 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 06:04:46 pm by othermac
after some of those horrible passes jefferson made last night, i dont know why mccurdy would not get more minutes. i mean even if you dont play defenss at all, just dont repeatedly throw it to the opposing team,
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

hogtheball

Quote from: uagradmom on February 12, 2006, 05:59:14 pm
All McCurdy needs is CONFIDENCE.  Basketball blood runs in his veins...he's a natural......his dad was a star at Richmond, his maternal grandfather played semi pro basketball in Indiana and coached for thirty years at the largest high school in Indiana, his two uncles were Mr. Indiana Basketball.......all he needs is a chance and consistency with playing time.  Give the kid a chance.

Who are McCurdy's uncles? I didn't know that.

twistitup

thirty for McCurdy, thirty for McCurdy, thiry for McCurdy
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Suidae

McCurdy is a wasted scholarship.

Do any of you see him leading an SEC team to a championshship (West, SEC Tourney, NCAA Final Four)?  Probably not. 

McCurdy has a better shot of commanding the space shuttle or becoming the King of Spain than seeing NBA playing time.

Nothing against the kid, but Heath should be able to recruit a better point guard.

I hope I'm proven wrong in the future...preferably the very near future.

othermac

Quote from: Suidae on February 12, 2006, 07:28:40 pm

Do any of you see him leading an SEC team to a championshship (West, SEC Tourney, NCAA Final Four)?  Probably not. 

McCurdy has a better shot of commanding the space shuttle or becoming the King of Spain than seeing NBA playing time.

Nothing against the kid, but Heath should be able to recruit a better point guard.

your post was a total waste of time. mccurdy could be a classic point guard, time will tell that one.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

hogtheball

Geez, how many players that play in the NCAA do have a chance to play in the NBA.  There have been a lot of damn good point guards in the SEC that couldn't play pro ball for that matter...remember Travis Ford of Kentucky (slower than McCurdy and four inches shorter and SEC tournament MVP, all conf., etc.). Wasted scholarship is a little harsh for anybody who plays for the Hogs, don't you think?

Suidae

othermac,

What type of 'classic' point guard?

'Classically' slow and physically overmatched.

No way the Hogs ever get to a Final Four with McCurdy as the primary point guard.

He should be playing at a school like St Bonaventure, etc.

hogtheball

He didn't get recruited by St. Bonaventure - just UMASS, Maryland, Villanova, Memphis, and a few others.  Did he beat you up in junior high or something?

othermac

Quote from: Suidae on February 12, 2006, 07:36:30 pm
othermac,

What type of 'classic' point guard?

'Classically' slow and physically overmatched.

No way the Hogs ever get to a Final Four with McCurdy as the primary point guard.

He should be playing at a school like St Bonaventure, etc.

bobby hurley, kyle macy, travis ford (hogthe ball), and i would say jason williams becasue i have seen some of his passes and they come out of nowhere?

hogtheball

If this guy knows who kyle macy is, I'll .... well, I'll do something drastic.

Suidae

hogtheball,

Like I said, I hope I'm proven wrong.

I hope McCurdy becomes the next Bobby Hurley.

I hope the Hogs win three consecutive SEC and NCAA titles with him at point guard.

I cheer for every Razorback player to do well and have a grand and safe career.

None of that precludes the opinion of a wasted scholarship.
Maybe wasted does sound a bit harsh....sorry.

I suppose the perspective of a fan is relative to the expectations the fan has for the program.
I just don't see any way we win much of anything with McCurdy running the point.

hogtheball

Opinions are always welcome and respected. I just get a little upset sometimes when we cut down players who are working their butts of (and lest we forget McCurdy is only an 18 year old kid).  And I do know the players read these posts.  I'm sure guys have been telling McCurdy he doesn't have what it takes since 5th grade.  I don't think your comments will bother him - he'll just want to prove you wrong, like he's been doing all his life.

Suidae

Kyle Macy is in the Indana Basketball Hall of Fame.
Born in Indiana.
Played college ball at Purdue and Kentucky.
Known as a superb shooter, especially free throws.
Played in the NBA for Phoenix, Chicago, and Indiana.
Coaches at Morehead St. in Kentucky.
Reportedly never even had a notebook during his Kentucky career.

Guess the McCurdy horse is beaten to death.
On to a new subject?
How 'bout the scholarship awarded to McGowen?

hogtheball

Suidae, methinks you had no idea who Kyle Macy was and copied that info from a website.  Actually, you got that info. from en.wikopedia.org.  I respect the effort, though.

Suidae

hogtheball,

I'm only five years younger than Kyle Macy.
Saw him on the tele numerous times.
Actually knew the info I conveyed, but looked it up to confirm his current position.

Sorry I poked your ribs....

I'll never get onto an eighteen year old kid if they're playing hard and staying straight.
Especially a Razorback player.

As far is this medium, I'm just throwin' my point guard opinion in the hat.  Jefferson isn't even worth typing about since his ineptitude is so readily recognized.

I've arrived at a state of apathy I never deemed possible when it comes to Razorback hoops.  Watching our games is often painful.  Seeing what the future holds with McCurdy and McGowan doesn't foster enthusiasm.

Back to the original question....Do you see McCurdy leading the Hogs to championships?

Please take care...off to watch the Men's Downhill.

Quote from: Suidae on February 12, 2006, 08:13:31 pm

Back to the original question....Do you see McCurdy leading the Hogs to championships?

Do you see ANYONE being able to know that with the lack of PT he has gotten?

What WE HAVE SEEN, is that he is the BEST PG we have, as far as QBing the team. 

hogtheball

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 08:15:43 pm

I actually see McCurdy playing a bigger role as a 2 guard (very similar to the role Pat Bradley took on).  Can he lead a team to a championship?  I don't know, haven't seen him play enough.  With the right four other players, yes - I can see it.

February 12, 2006, 08:50:47 pm #92 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 08:52:30 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: hogtheball on February 12, 2006, 08:26:50 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 08:15:43 pm

I actually see McCurdy playing a bigger role as a 2 guard (very similar to the role Pat Bradley took on).  Can he lead a team to a championship?  I don't know, haven't seen him play enough.  With the right four other players, yes - I can see it.

I really don't see that hogtheball.  He is not built for that on offense or defense.  He is an obvious leader.  I have seen him actually yell at other players to get where they need to be.  He also is always looking up when he is dribbling.  He is a PG.  Not a 2.

hogtheball

What is the difference between Pat Bradley and McCurdy?  Steve Kerr didn't play point. I think he can play either - that will help him get more PT next year.

Quote from: hogtheball on February 12, 2006, 08:53:28 pm
What is the difference between Pat Bradley and McCurdy?  Steve Kerr didn't play point. I think he can play either - that will help him get more PT next year.
Pat was a good shooter, not a floor leader.  As far as Steve Kerr goes, the NBA game is much different than the college game. 

This team has not had a floor leader in years.  Probably since Beck.  We need a PG that always knows what is going on.  McCurdy has shown that.  The others have not.

I understand your, point, but my point is he needs to play point.  Stop these ryhmes I mean it.  Anybody wanna peanut?

Richard_white

Quote from: Suidae on February 12, 2006, 07:28:40 pm

And your point was? why don't you post a thread saying DJ is a waste of a schollie.

WPS