Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Montaric Brown headed to JUCO?

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, June 22, 2017, 10:36:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

signed a LOI with JUCO as well apparently....that would be a disaster if it turns out this way

RME

WooPig90

Heard from a friend that he doesnt have the ACT score yet, waiting on his last score to come back. Shame

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

I'm not on pay boards but have friends who are different ones.  It's all over those

King Kong

Quote from: WooPig90 on June 22, 2017, 10:57:45 am
Heard from a friend that he doesnt have the ACT score yet, waiting on his last score to come back. Shame

Is that all? We couldn't reach out to Coach Cal? I heard he knows a guy

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: King Kong on June 22, 2017, 11:11:38 am
Is that all? We couldn't reach out to Coach Cal? I heard he knows a guy

Send him for the Derrick Rose package and ole Billy with straighten him out.

Seriously though damn say it ain't true.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

HogFoo

hopefully the kid hears good news frm his last test.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hogs49ers

Shittt, I will take one for the team and go take it for him...
SCREW Vandy!

The_Boot_stops_here

Interesting that we passed on Byers due to eligibility issues and he is now eligible...to play for Mizzou. Yet here we are with fingers crossed abt Brown when its practically July.  A little strange to me.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 22, 2017, 12:02:57 pm
Interesting that we passed on Byers due to eligibility issues and he is now eligible...to play for Mizzou. Yet here we are with fingers crossed abt Brown when its practically July.  A little strange to me.

IMO, we "passed" on Byers because he was never interested in being a Razorback.  He wasn't a lock to qualify and that became the easy excuse.

Again, jmo.

1909/1964/1965/1977

razorbackfaninar

The complete score for the last test which was June 10th will be out July 4th the multiple choice portion was already released on July 20th so someone may already know something, which may be why it is coming out now.  Either way by July 4th we should know one way or the other.

presidenthog

How can Bama get anyone they want qualified but we cant?

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on June 22, 2017, 12:54:13 pm
How can Bama get anyone they want qualified but we cant?

Bama doesn't ever have to take risks. They just move on to the next 5 star.

redleg

Byers never had any interest in being a Razorback. He saw the bright lights in Tuscaloosa, and thought he would be the next big DE for the Tide (which is what every recruit thinks). When he didn't qualify and it looked like he was headed to a Juco, Bama backed off. When he actually did qualify, the Tide were no longer interested, and he had cut ties with Arkansas (and CBB had cut ties with him as well once it was obvious Byers didn't want to be a Hog), so he became Mizzou's sloppy-seconds.
Also, from what I have heard from various people, there may be a character question, in addition to a lack of focus in the classroom. Not confirmed, though.

As for Brown, this is the first I have heard about this. Everything I have seen or heard up until now is that he would be on campus this summer.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Wildhog on June 22, 2017, 12:05:53 pm
IMO, we "passed" on Byers because he was never interested in being a Razorback.  He wasn't a lock to qualify and that became the easy excuse.

Again, jmo.

Maybe so. But I bet he wasn't interested in going to Mizzou either yet thats where he ended up

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 22, 2017, 01:10:31 pm
Maybe so. But I bet he wasn't interested in going to Mizzou either yet thats where he ended up

Well, I think by the time he got dropped the Arkansas bridges were burned.

Again, just speculation on my part.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Youngsta71701

Again, jmo.
By all accounts Byers definitely wanted to come to Arkansas but felt like he was being slow played and wasn't a priority.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Wildhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 22, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
By all accounts Byers definitely wanted to come to Arkansas but felt like he was being slow played and wasn't a priority.

So we burned the bridge?
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Look, I mean this as sincerely, not sarcastically.  I just find the decisions on Byers and Brown to be interesting.  What appears to be a similar situation was handled differently and it appears the coaches may have made the wrong call.  It's a little ironic.  But I just hope Brown gets here.  He's a NEED.

thebignasty

I think that's just what the story became after it was clear Alabama wasn't going to happen and Arkansas had moved on.

PorkRinds

By all accounts? What accounts were these that all agreed?

ricepig

Again, jmo.

As well as other reasons, the fact one received an offer and one didn't wasn't just a shot in the dark. I don't question the offers any staff makes, they have a whole of more info on the prospective players than sees the light of day.

We should know any day on Brown, as the results from the June ACT are now being sent out.

NoogaHog

Well, I don't think I would label this as a disaster if true. Definitely disappointing. We could use him.

Also, does this have any effect on Bishop's recruiting?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

PorkSoda

fingers crossed, we were counting on him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 22, 2017, 04:21:24 pm
fingers crossed, we were counting on him.

Not for this year, but in the future.

ImHogginIt

Again, jmo.
oops..... edit.   I'm thinking about the kid in DFW  :-[

ifghog

That's false.  He was never coming here....his brother told me they tried to talk him into it but he never wanted to be a Hog

rzrbackramsfan

Our football program right now  :'(

netteltonhog

Please don't hijack this tread about Brown. It has Nothing to do with any other recruits. Nothing!

SRV

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2017, 03:08:33 pm
As well as other reasons, the fact one received an offer and one didn't wasn't just a shot in the dark. I don't question the offers any staff makes, they have a whole of more info on the prospective players than sees the light of day.

We should know any day on Brown, as the results from the June ACT are now being sent out.
Are you saying that the coaches know more about what's going on than hogville posters? That's crazy talk.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Oklahawg

The issues with Byers were well-documented on message boards by the time he was as sophomore. UA kept track of him but didn't waste much high-end effort.

Brown's situation was known up front and he was seen as moving forward in ways that would get him eligible.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 22, 2017, 10:10:01 pm
The issues with Byers were well-documented on message boards by the time he was as sophomore. UA kept track of him but didn't waste much high-end effort.

Brown's situation was known up front and he was seen as moving forward in ways that would get him eligible.

The situation is ironic, regardless of the justification...

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 23, 2017, 09:42:17 am

The situation is ironic, regardless of the justification...

It's not that ironic.

redleg

I'm still waiting on proof that Montaric Brown might be headed to a Juco instead of Fayetteville. Anybody got any of this stuff I call "proof"?  ???
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

NoogaHog

Quote from: redleg on June 23, 2017, 11:54:24 am
I'm still waiting on proof that Montaric Brown might be headed to a Juco instead of Fayetteville. Anybody got any of this stuff I call "proof"?  ???

PROOF? What's that? This board is built on rumors and conjecture. MURRICA!!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: redleg on June 23, 2017, 11:54:24 am
sad that I even have to +1 this  :(
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

bythelake

Danny west just reported that brown made an acceptable ACT score. Now just has to pass a summer class.

Sounds like woo pig is in order.

LRHawg

Quote from: bythelake on June 23, 2017, 04:43:54 pm
Danny west just reported that brown made an acceptable ACT score. Now just has to pass a summer class.

Sounds like woo pig is in order.

WOOOOOO PIG!!! Great news.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.