Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huge News!

Started by The Hawg Marshal, June 18, 2017, 06:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Yeah I hated to put a damper on things, but kids don't really ever seem to be truly committed until they sign.

HogFoo

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on June 20, 2017, 10:17:57 pm
Hate to even post this but it is out there. I'm not sure how reliable SEC Country is but thats where I found it.
Emmit Gooden commits to Arkansas

Emmit Gooden was one of Alabama's top defensive line targets in the Class of 2018. But after an official visit to Arkansas during the weekend, the junior college tackle committed to the Razorbacks.

This one surprised me because I had just talked to Gooden last week and he pretty much said that Alabama was his top school, and it was the team that was coming after him the hardest.

Clearly, Arkansas did a fantastic job locking up one of the most talented junior college prospects in the country before he left campus.

"It was just a good fit," Gooden said. "But it's a long ways until signing day. Don't count 'Bama out yet."

Gooden said he's locked in with Arkansas but may consider visiting Alabama in the future. He said that was the only school that could host him on a visit.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-matt-corral-jack-tuttle-tanner-mckee-updates
Hopefully the friend connection with him and Sosa Agim is stronger than anything Bama can throw at him.  But, nothing is surprising anymore.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

presidenthog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on June 20, 2017, 10:27:13 pm
Yeah I hated to put a damper on things, but kids don't really ever seem to be truly committed until they sign.

Its either one of 2 things. He is just blowing smoke up the local bama reporters tail end like Luke ford was with us, or he really is still considering bama.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 20, 2017, 06:28:43 am
I don't remember any time where kids jumped at an Arkansas offer. I mean, are you fo realz!? The 17 class was our best class since like forever, and this 18 class was booming right out of the gate. I will mark you down as disgruntled by our record and just looking for something to bitch about, uninformedly so...

Ii guess your memory doesn't go as far back as mine does.  But I do remember the days when in state kids especially OLM and  those not nationally recruited jumping on those few scholarships when offered. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 21, 2017, 07:35:57 am
Ii guess your memory doesn't go as far back as mine does.  But I do remember the days when in state kids especially OLM and  those not nationally recruited jumping on those few scholarships when offered.

Your memory goes back a couple of weeks? Impressive.

Vantage 8 dude

Well that's obviously not likely as long as CBB and staff have taken their approach to recruiting. IF a kid makes a commitment to the Hogs then all visits to other schools/programs are expected to cease. Therefore a young man had better be absolutely certain and positive that the Hogs are where he wants to be. In turn, that's almost inevitably going to cause some kids to be slower/more cautious to commit. Not sure how many times this has to be pointed out until you understand that times have most certainly changed from that respect. DUH.....

zebradynasty

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on June 20, 2017, 10:17:57 pm
Hate to even post this but it is out there. I'm not sure how reliable SEC Country is but thats where I found it.
Emmit Gooden commits to Arkansas

Emmit Gooden was one of Alabama's top defensive line targets in the Class of 2018. But after an official visit to Arkansas during the weekend, the junior college tackle committed to the Razorbacks.

This one surprised me because I had just talked to Gooden last week and he pretty much said that Alabama was his top school, and it was the team that was coming after him the hardest.

Clearly, Arkansas did a fantastic job locking up one of the most talented junior college prospects in the country before he left campus.

"It was just a good fit," Gooden said. "But it's a long ways until signing day. Don't count 'Bama out yet."

Gooden said he's locked in with Arkansas but may consider visiting Alabama in the future. He said that was the only school that could host him on a visit.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-matt-corral-jack-tuttle-tanner-mckee-updates

I'm not sure I believe that'll he'll visit Bama. BB has made it pretty clear how he feels about visit after a commit so if he visits Bama he's pretty much gone!

Vantage 8 dude

Hope the news tonight served to calm of your "nervous Nellie" and panic attack mode. Knowing you, however, I seriously doubt it.

HogFoo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 21, 2017, 10:34:27 pm
Hope the news tonight served to calm of your "nervous Nellie" and panic attack mode. Knowing you, however, I seriously doubt it.
I didn't catch the news.  Been out.  What was it? that he reconfirmed that he was all hog?  I figure that's it.  Because , he has mentioned several serveral times that he would love to play with Sosa.  So to me, without knowing the news you are speaking of, am going to say that he said he was all hog.  No worries?

Just read an article from Dudley on this kid.  His coach really thinks that he is a great fit for Arkansas.  Also saw the two OL commits.  That's great news.  Can always use big ole' boys up front in the trenches like that! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 21, 2017, 10:34:27 pm
ehhhh wut news?

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"