Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huge News!

Started by The Hawg Marshal, June 18, 2017, 06:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

June 18, 2017, 06:14:12 pm Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:26:57 pm by The Hawg Marshal
 Richard Davenport Retweeted
TheRealEmmitG‏ @What_A_Star5 6m6 minutes ago

Committed 🐗 #WPS #UnCommon #SavageHog18 – at University of Arkansas

https://twitter.com/What_A_Star5/status/876577026890756097

theshiva

Best lineman get since the Sosa and Capps class. Yuge.

factchecker

Quote from: theshiva on June 18, 2017, 06:25:06 pm
Best lineman get since the Sosa and Capps class. Yuge.

Cool thing is that Sosa is most likely the reason that Emmit committed to us.

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/876583277997551617
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Gracious, that's a huge get.  Big, big news.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hawg Marshal

BigSexyHog

Pretty good weekend for the hogs....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

litmachog

247 shows him committed to Mizzou. How funny.

TheRazorback500

Great to hear! Woo pig.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

nwahogfan1

June 18, 2017, 07:09:11 pm #10 Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:40:35 pm by nwahogfan1
Great news. Will Gooden be here in Jan or next summer?  I heard January so even better news.

The Hawg Marshal

The report I read said he would be here in January.

Tarheelhawg

More good news!  And I love that it is a defensive impact player. 

TX HOG

#3 JUCO defense tackle in the nation??

HardingHog

Huge get! A lot of schools really wanted this kid and he's exactly what we need in the middle of our 3-4 defense. Woo Pig!!

Sivad

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 18, 2017, 06:48:39 pm
Pretty good weekend for the hogs....
A VERY Woo Pig weekend.

GO

Hopefully another piece of the puzzle we need to shore up this defense. Great news!!

lumphog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on June 18, 2017, 06:37:38 pm
More good news.

https://twitter.com/N3onKs/status/876580076946694144
Isaiah COMMITED too....What do yall know about him ? He showed out at the camp

Oklahawg

Quote from: lumphog on June 18, 2017, 10:36:07 pm
Isaiah COMMITED too....What do yall know about him ? He showed out at the camp

I think this means that he is sharing that he received an offer, not that he is announcing his commitment. Look for a late summer decision (and, yes, looks good for UA).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GO

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 18, 2017, 11:01:37 pm
I think this means that he is sharing that he received an offer, not that he is announcing his commitment. Look for a late summer decision (and, yes, looks good for UA).

You know I thought so too that he was saying he just received an offer, not that he committed, but look at his twitter page and lots of people congratulating him and him saying thank you???

jgphillips3

Awesome.  The question of who could help Capps next year just got answered.

nwahogfan1

Yes, we need to get more physical on our lines so this Commitment helps.   Let's keep them coming.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GO on June 19, 2017, 07:46:04 am
You know I thought so too that he was saying he just received an offer, not that he committed, but look at his twitter page and lots of people congratulating him and him saying thank you???
I don't know either way but I could understand people congratulating on receiving an offer

nwahogfan1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 19, 2017, 08:53:41 am
I don't know either way but I could understand people congratulating on receiving an offer

Interesting we offered 3 LM yesterday after the camp and none accepted yet.  Days of kids jumping immediately when the UOfA offered I guess are over.  Even though I think we will get all 3 of these kids probably before school starts it is still interesting.

tophawg19

our staff tells them to weigh options before committing so they are sure
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

GoHogzzGo

Woohoo, welcome aboard Emmitt great news!!
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

PorkRinds

We needed a big boy for the DL. Is he going to be at the nose? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 19, 2017, 09:00:05 am
Interesting we offered 3 LM yesterday after the camp and none accepted yet.  Days of kids jumping immediately when the UOfA offered I guess are over.  Even though I think we will get all 3 of these kids probably before school starts it is still interesting.
As tophawg pointed out in his post this staff, specially CBB, has made it very clear that IF a young man makes a verbal commitment that he's expected to abide by that pledge and cut out other visits. Whether or not any of us agrees or not, it's the approach that has been laid out. Therefore unless a young man is completely sure of his U of A pledge he's better off holding off until he makes a firm decision.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 19, 2017, 12:15:02 pm
We needed a big boy for the DL. Is he going to be at the nose?
Actually with his size I believe he's going to be expected to play the ENTIRE d line.  ;) :) :D ;D 8) :P

Oklahawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 19, 2017, 12:15:36 pm
As tophawg pointed out in his post this staff, specially CBB, has made it very clear that IF a young man makes a verbal commitment that he's expected to abide by that pledge and cut out other visits. Whether or not any of us agrees or not, it's the approach that has been laid out. Therefore unless a young man is completely sure of his U of A pledge he's better off holding off until he makes a firm decision.

Thank you. There is no reason to obsess because an in-state doesn't come on board. We also don't know the pecking order - "you get the next spot but we have 3 kids in front of you and are taking only 3" - which means they have an offer but have to wait for someone to not accept theirs. What is commonly called a "conditional offer" I guess.  I do not think that is the case, but we don't know the details.

What we do know is that there are limited slots and we have good options for them.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hobhog

How many years eligibility does he have?

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: hobhog on June 19, 2017, 12:34:29 pm
How many years eligibility does he have?

3 to play 2 I believe.

The Hawg Marshal

This takes a little of the sting away from the Luke Ford situation. imo

jjdlc

Aside from what the others pointed out, recruits committing immediately upon being offered is a very rare occurrence, even for the best of teams.

Hoggish1

hawgmasta

HogFoo

Definitely a "huge" get in the literal sense as well.  =-)   Just what we needed at the NG position.  A big ole' tree stump!  A guy that can occupy many OLine guys trying to block him.    Great get!  The 3-4 defense i believe will pay dividends much quicker than some are thinking.  Just need to get a few more players of this caliber.  stack up the depth.  And go kick some arse on gamedays!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I don't remember any time where kids jumped at an Arkansas offer. I mean, are you fo realz!? The 17 class was our best class since like forever, and this 18 class was booming right out of the gate. I will mark you down as disgruntled by our record and just looking for something to bitch about, uninformedly so...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

King Kong

Yeah, I guess those days are over. It's been 17 days since the last kid committed to Arkansas on the spot after their offer. We may never see it again.

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on June 20, 2017, 07:01:39 am
Yeah, I guess those days are over. It's been 17 days since the last kid committed to Arkansas on the spot after their offer. We may never see it again.

I yearn for those golden years........

Seebs

Quote from: ricepig on June 20, 2017, 07:04:01 am
I yearn for those golden years........
I remember we used to drive our own cars back when a player would commit on the spot. I miss driving.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Seebs on June 20, 2017, 08:15:13 am
I remember we used to drive our own cars back when a player would commit on the spot. I miss driving.

One time I took the telephone right off the wall, called Information and to be connected to Blockbuster.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

tbhogfan

We definitely got a "Gooden" with this young man! 

All kidding aside, what a great get for our DL.
Go Hogs!

Birminghog

"Me and Sosa". Has a nice ring to it.  8)

LJHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 19, 2017, 12:15:02 pm
We needed a big boy man for the DL. Is he going to be at the nose? 
fifty

The Hawg Marshal

Hate to even post this but it is out there. I'm not sure how reliable SEC Country is but thats where I found it.
Emmit Gooden commits to Arkansas

Emmit Gooden was one of Alabama's top defensive line targets in the Class of 2018. But after an official visit to Arkansas during the weekend, the junior college tackle committed to the Razorbacks.

This one surprised me because I had just talked to Gooden last week and he pretty much said that Alabama was his top school, and it was the team that was coming after him the hardest.

Clearly, Arkansas did a fantastic job locking up one of the most talented junior college prospects in the country before he left campus.

"It was just a good fit," Gooden said. "But it's a long ways until signing day. Don't count 'Bama out yet."

Gooden said he's locked in with Arkansas but may consider visiting Alabama in the future. He said that was the only school that could host him on a visit.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-matt-corral-jack-tuttle-tanner-mckee-updates

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on June 20, 2017, 10:17:57 pm
Hate to even post this but it is out there. I'm not sure how reliable SEC Country is but thats where I found it.
Emmit Gooden commits to Arkansas

Emmit Gooden was one of Alabama's top defensive line targets in the Class of 2018. But after an official visit to Arkansas during the weekend, the junior college tackle committed to the Razorbacks.

This one surprised me because I had just talked to Gooden last week and he pretty much said that Alabama was his top school, and it was the team that was coming after him the hardest.

Clearly, Arkansas did a fantastic job locking up one of the most talented junior college prospects in the country before he left campus.

"It was just a good fit," Gooden said. "But it's a long ways until signing day. Don't count 'Bama out yet."

Gooden said he's locked in with Arkansas but may consider visiting Alabama in the future. He said that was the only school that could host him on a visit.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-matt-corral-jack-tuttle-tanner-mckee-updates

Well that sucks.