Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting tidbit

Started by island hog, June 05, 2017, 03:12:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby21322

It seems there will always be a Williams at running back for Arkansas!

scooby21322

I keep seeing that he transferred to UConn though?

ricepig

Quote from: scooby21322 on June 05, 2017, 04:40:14 pm
I keep seeing that he transferred to UConn though?

Not officially, he committed to going there, but other options have opened up.

Tarheelhawg

Any news on how his visit went?  He sounds like a nice addition. 

RazorRed26

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/david_williams_854530.html

according to 247Sports... rated a four-star prospect and No. 131 on the ESPN150... considered the nation's 11th-best running back by MaxPreps... turned down offers from Ohio State, Arizona State, Tennessee, Miami, Arizona, Auburn and Boston College among others.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hogfan14

From reading South Carolina fans' comments he seems a bit like Ronnie Wingo

presidenthog

Quote from: hogfan14 on June 06, 2017, 03:15:08 pm

So he runs a great wheel route?

Oklahawg

Quote from: presidenthog on June 06, 2017, 03:20:42 pm
So he runs a great wheel route?

WPS! Anything to help take down Bama.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Iceman

One of the hardest players to figure out during his time here.

presidenthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 06, 2017, 04:29:13 pm
One of the hardest players to figure out during his time here.

Had all the physical tools, and in the end was probably a track star more than a football player.

He didn't like contact. He ran up right. Reverse those 2 and he is probably a starter.

Pig in the Pokey

well, we dont need him to carry the load. He has the initial talent plus 4 years in a college weight room. He's a senior and I hope he comes b/c he could easily get 600 + yards for us in a backup role imo.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hogfan14

June 06, 2017, 06:26:08 pm #13 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:37:04 pm by hogfan14
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 06, 2017, 04:38:40 pm
well, we dont need him to carry the load. He has the initial talent plus 4 years in a college weight room. He's a senior and I hope he comes b/c he could easily get 600 + yards for us in a backup role imo.

They did say he is a really good blocker which would be a big help, just that his vision isn't good and that he goes down at the sign of first contact even though he might be their most talented RB physically. One poster said he might fit better in an I-formation offense though.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogfan14 on June 06, 2017, 06:26:08 pm
They did say he is a really good blocker which would be a big help, just that his vision isn't good and that he goes down at the sign of first contact even though he might be their most talented RB physically. One poster said he might fit better in an I-formation offense though.
Wingo and Broderick Green would have killed in an I Formation.  Too many times initial contact happened before they got up to speed. and neither were really shifty.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogfan14 on June 06, 2017, 06:26:08 pm
does sound like wingo lol. Well, here's to trying! beats having no depth at all by a long shot, and hell, if he's a good blocker than that would be huge b/c RWIII was a damn good one and we'll miss that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

tampahog

any news on this ?   are there any other graduate transfer RBs on our radar ?