Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark Hudspeth

Started by Hawghiggs, October 08, 2017, 08:28:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawghiggs

How about him as the next coach. Already knows the region. Runs the spread offense. Has shown that he can build up a program, and has won at Lafayette. Thoughts?

cypress rock

I like this guy. His name came up when Coach B was hired

Hoot72

i think his history will keep him out here, as long as Jeff Long is the AD

razorbrass

No, no, no there is a reason (actually a number of them) he is still stuck in his current position for a reason.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Dr. Starcs

And has been in trouble with the NCAA if I'm not mistaken.

HeathWimp

Weren't there some integrity issues with him and a cheerleader?
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hoot72 on October 08, 2017, 08:48:26 pm
i think his history will keep him out here, as long as Jeff Long is the AD

http://www.theadvertiser.com/sports/    From what I've gathered. He didn't actually do anything wrong.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: HeathWimp on October 08, 2017, 08:54:03 pm
Weren't there some integrity issues with him and a cheerleader?

I couldn't find anything.

Hawginj

No! He can't even beat A state.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawginj on November 05, 2017, 02:21:43 pm
No! He can't even beat A state.

That's getting harder & harder to do...just sayin'
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The_Iceman

HogCzar1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 03:17:43 pm
That's getting harder & harder to do...just sayin'

No on Hudspeth.
Blake Anderson has done well.
However, what's ASU's best win this year?
They have certainly improved, and have a nice team.
But they couldn't beat a bad Nebraska team when No. Illinois could, and got thumped by SMU.

HawgHawk

Well, he did get a cheerleader pregnant. His wife wasn't appreciative but he left her and married said cheerleader, I believe. Also, UL would love to be rid of him for good reasons.

HeathWimp

Quote from: HawgHawk on November 05, 2017, 04:25:45 pm
Well, he did get a cheerleader pregnant. His wife wasn't appreciative but he left her and married said cheerleader, I believe. Also, UL would love to be rid of him for good reasons.

That's what I was thinking of.  No way would that pass Long's integrity test.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Birminghog

Quote from: HeathWimp on November 05, 2017, 06:55:40 pm
That's what I was thinking of.  No way would that pass Long's integrity test.

Good

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HogCzar1 on November 05, 2017, 03:25:22 pm
No on Hudspeth.
Blake Anderson has done well.
However, what's ASU's best win this year?
They have certainly improved, and have a nice team.
But they couldn't beat a bad Nebraska team when No. Illinois could, and got thumped by SMU.

Team A:
42-24 over New Mexico State at home
39-38 over Coastal Carolina
Team B:
37-21 at New Mexico State
51-17 Coastal Carolina

You decide....

HogCzar1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 08:24:41 pm
Team A:
42-24 over New Mexico State at home
39-38 over Coastal Carolina
Team B:
37-21 at New Mexico State
51-17 Coastal Carolina

You decide....

Decide what? Who is better between ASU and UA this year?

Who knows? And really who cares besides the militant ASU supporters who spend most waking minutes thinking of ASU vs. UA. It doesn't take a genius to see this year's Razorback team is one of the worst in memory.

I, like most other Razorback fans, am much more concerned about the train wreck that our program is in at the moment.

And, I did notice that my question was unanswered.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HogCzar1 on November 05, 2017, 09:36:15 pm
Decide what? Who is better between ASU and UA this year?

Who knows? And really who cares besides the militant ASU supporters who spend most waking minutes thinking of ASU vs. UA. It doesn't take a genius to see this year's Razorback team is one of the worst in memory.

I, like most other Razorback fans, am much more concerned about the train wreck that our program is in at the moment.

And, I did notice that my question was unanswered.

ASU's best win? Who knows.
You don't want to compare scores between ASU & Hog common opponents, but then compare scores between ASU & No Illinois.
I don't know who would win between ASU and Arkansas. All I said was beating ASU was becoming harder to do.

hogsolutely

First of all StAte would curb stomp the hogs.  Long will not go after a guy with any type of past regardless of what it is!

Randy Cavender

The Hawg Marshal

I really don't understand the love for Hudspeth.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: HawgHawk on November 05, 2017, 04:25:45 pm

I would like to see the link to that states that ULL wants to be rid of him.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If you want Hudspeth should aim higher and want Blake Anderson.  BA is the better coach.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 06, 2017, 04:33:35 pm
If you want Hudspeth should aim higher and want Blake Anderson.  BA is the better coach.

How do you figure that?  Blake Anderson is 29-17 all time with a 1-2 bowl record. Hudspeth is 93-56, 2-1 bowl record.  Anderson has the better team this season. But he is 2-2 against Hudspeth.

Hawghiggs

MustainMan15

I know this option would be way on down the line. But could anyone get behind this hire? He hasn't done a bad job at ULL.

#1 STUNNA

TrueBlue

the NCAA forced Hudspeth to vacate 22 wins from 2011 to 2014, including the 2011 and 2013 New Orleans Bowls and 2013 Sun Belt Conference co-championship, due to NCAA violations involving academic fraud and payments to players.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

Paying players in the Sunbelt, what with candy bars ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ham Ham Pigelow

Had his window to parlay success into a bigger job and failed to do so.

Jim Harris

I will give him credit for not offering some of our players when they were in high school down there.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

FutureMan

If he was 15th on our list... No.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

JONAS

SooieGeneris

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 22, 2017, 05:11:27 pm
the NCAA forced Hudspeth to vacate 22 wins from 2011 to 2014, including the 2011 and 2013 New Orleans Bowls and 2013 Sun Belt Conference co-championship, due to NCAA violations involving academic fraud and payments to players.

I did not know that. At one time, he was considered next man up at MSU when (not if) Mullen leaves. That puts the kibosh on most better jobs right there.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

HawgTide

Quote from: MustainMan15 on November 22, 2017, 04:59:04 pm
I know this option would be way on down the line. But could anyone get behind this hire? He hasn't done a bad job at ULL.

If we miss on our top 25 he makes the list

Hawghiggs

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 22, 2017, 05:11:27 pm

Which the NCAA said was not of his doing.  This had everything to do with David Saunders and not Mark Hudspeth. http://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sports/ul_lafayette/article_fd03e80b-2a17-5ebd-bfb6-4d7b42c4de52.html

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2016/03/03/ncaa-investigation-ul-forfeits-22-football-victories/81252822/

Yes. I could get behind Hudspeth. He is well connected in Louisiana and is familiar with the region that we recruit.

HogCzar1

Quote from: MustainMan15 on November 22, 2017, 04:59:04 pm

He wouldn't be in my top 15.
Not impressed.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net