Started by HogMantheIntruder, May 13, 2016, 11:00:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

RME

Not sure if you're serious...

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

King Kong

Obligatory disclaimer: This was a satire

This is at the very bottom of the "article"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: King Kong on May 13, 2016, 11:03:44 am
Obligatory disclaimer: This was a satire

This is at the very bottom of the "article"
Oh thank God! I guess I didn't look closely enough. Go ahead and bash me. I have it coming  ;D
   -Harry Solomon

navyhog24

ricepig

I think we settled on just 'Murica...

PonderinHog

BearsBisonsBoars

Some of the commenters have rightly pointed out that there may be confusion with the American Athletic Conference.

So I propose we change it from "America" to "National".

Now, since Football is the biggest part of the conference, I think it should be represented in the name. How does "National Football" sound?

It's missing something, right? Dangit. What could we put there?  Humm... League?

Yeah! League! The SEC is now the National Football League!

PonderinHog

BRHogfan

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on May 13, 2016, 11:23:22 am
Some of the commenters have rightly pointed out that there may be confusion with the American Athletic Conference.

So I propose we change it from "America" to "National".

Now, since Football is the biggest part of the conference, I think it should be represented in the name. How does "National Football" sound?

It's missing something, right? Dangit. What could we put there?  Humm... League?

Yeah! League! The SEC is now the National Football League!

Might be some confusion between us and the No Fun League, but it'll take years to sort out just like WWE and the World Wildlife Foundation.

Pigsknuckles

Guess we will have to repaint the conference logos at RRS. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 13, 2016, 11:00:36 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-budweiser-renames-conference-america/

Just saw this on Saturday Down South.  Does anyone have any more info on this??

Why not try reading something before posting it............................ALL of it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Suidae Suis Scrofa

To me, the biggest revelation in this article is that one of the SEC AD's is from KANSAS!  What's up with that?  Durn Yankees!!!

-phil

Iwastherein1969

The Star Gazer strikes again.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HogMantheIntruder

May 13, 2016, 02:48:40 pm #16 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:50:44 pm by Poppa Tart
Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 13, 2016, 01:56:35 pm
The Star Gazer strikes again.
Look, I already put you in your place in the last thread you decided to pick a fight in, so I'm not going to waste too much of my time with you again. The sad part is I invited everyone to take their jabs at me, because we might as well have fun with it. Yet the very best you can come up with is this "Star Gazer" crap, which is not only completely inaccurate, it also has absolutely nothing to do with this. You don't know me. You're not funny, and I'm gonna go ahead and say the reason we lost in '69 was because you were there douching it up.

Edit: I'm ending this little beef right now. You have decided that I'm a "star gazer" with a "Houston Nutt Effect" because I said that LSU's two deep on the interior DL is probably going to be better, overall, than our two deep interior DL for 2016. That doesn't make me a star gazer. It makes me a fan who realizes that, just because I want us to have the best players in the country at every single position, doesn't mean that we do. I take a lot of offense to someone calling my Hog fandom into question, because following the Razorbacks has been my favorite hobby since I was a kid. I get emotional over games to the point that it's probably unhealthy. I attend live games in full face paint, and I can't talk right for almost three days after, because I take my obligation as the 12th man very seriously. I'm a true Hog fan. If anything, I'm overly optimistic about the Hogs. I know that, and so does anyone who even knows me just a little. So congratulations, you've found one of the few things that really gets under my skin, even though there is zero evidence to back it up, but I've let you get to me the past couple of days.

That being said, I get along with just about everybody on here, whether I agree with them or not. I apologize when I'm in the wrong, and I try to treat people exactly the same on here as I would if I were talking to them face to face. This is a message board, though, so I cannot handle this the way I would if this were a face to face conversation. So, if you want to continue to run your mouth about me, call names, etc that's fine; I'll just hit ignore. I would rather just be civil, though, because I am still interested in what you have to say about various topics, but I will leave that up to you. Either way, I'm done with this childish, message board fight. Tell you what, I'll even start things off. I apologize that I blamed you for losing The Big Shootout. I'm sure you had nothing to do with it.
   -Harry Solomon

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HogMantheIntruder

-Harry Solomon

PonderinHog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 13, 2016, 03:59:01 pm
Ya, I know. Not my proudest moment...
+1  You sound like another crazy Hog fan to me.   :razorback:

bondhue

In this day and age it's hard to tell satire from fact.  I think most news coming from the White House is satire, then find out I'm wrong.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.