Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247 top SEC RB's over last decade.

Started by atekido, May 10, 2016, 07:35:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBreath

Can't argue with that at all..DMac was really a great one.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

KlubhouseKonnected

#5 AND an honorable mention to active players? Wow.

Next week they are doing the list for the best passing fullbacks in SEC history. I've already seen a rough draft, Tim Tebow landed slots 1-5.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Thepigdoctor

Mallett is a lock for best passing TE

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on May 11, 2016, 01:16:11 am
Mallett is a lock for best passing TE

He was criminally underused as a pass catcher though, wasn't he?

ChitownHawg

Monkey with a Whistle is a lock for best impersonation of a head coach. Second place Gus and third Les.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DeltaBoy

I have not watched the Heisman award show since Dmac got screwed out of it over TEBOW!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 11, 2016, 10:14:53 am
I have not watched the Heisman award show since Dmac got screwed out of it over TEBOW!

I bet Tebow has still never been screwed..............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 11, 2016, 10:14:53 am

DMac was more screwed the year prior.

LRrazorback

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 11, 2016, 01:09:49 pm
Yes. Troy smith, are you kidding me

What really stinks is the excuse for awarding Smith the heisman was that DMac was "only a sophmore" and at that point no sophomore had ever won the heisman (IIRC), only to then turn around and job DMac the next year by awarding it to sophmore Tebow.

DeltaBoy

Both years but at least Smith was a SR!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

atekido

what could have been if the friggin Raiders hadn't drafted him...

hogsfan31

Quote from: HogBreath on May 10, 2016, 08:15:08 pm
Can't argue with that at all..DMac was really a great one.

And I had an Ohio State fan tell me the other day that DMac would have never started or played at Ohio State. He wasn't even a top back and wouldn't even make a top 10 list of college running backs. Ohio States standard is way better he said.

I had to walk away laughing, obviously he has no idea WTH he's talking about.

Hogwop

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 11, 2016, 02:33:58 pm
What really stinks is the excuse for awarding Smith the heisman was that DMac was "only a sophmore" and at that point no sophomore had ever won the heisman (IIRC), only to then turn around and job DMac the next year by awarding it to sophmore Tebow.

Yeah that was total BS. I get that Tebow had a hell of a season. Throwing for 20 TDs and rushing for another 20 IS impressive so I get it, but if the only reason Darren didn't win the year before was because he was a sophomore then Tebow shouldn't have gotten it for the same reason.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hogwop on May 11, 2016, 06:14:21 pm
Yeah that was total BS. I get that Tebow had a hell of a season. Throwing for 20 TDs and rushing for another 20 IS impressive so I get it, but if the only reason Darren didn't win the year before was because he was a sophomore then Tebow shouldn't have gotten it for the same reason.

Tebow really benefited from a lot of short and goal situations perfect for the ultimate passing fullback. Most QB's would have been handing those rushing td's off to a goal line back the florida either di not have or did not need.