Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS may have gotten this one right

Started by longpig, May 07, 2016, 09:41:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

welchog

One takeaway would be that White could have been in that mix had he chosen Arkansas

robs4516

And that he's now a linebacker at LSU.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: robs4516 on May 08, 2016, 07:49:35 am
And that he's now a linebacker at LSU.
i told him that a couple weeks ago. about 2 minutes later he responded with "smh"

He knows.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RazorbackJAC

he's probably "shaking his head" because of all the Arkansas fans who won't leave him alone on social media??
Arkansas Football.  It's the players running through the "A".  It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "Woo Pig Sooie!"  It's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other.  Those select few who put on the jersey are ... chosen.  They wear the colors.  They pay the price, and they succeed.  They are exceptional.  They are RAZORBACKS!

rzrbk4life

I think it may all depend upon how well our O-line can gel. If they can get a decent push and open up some holes four our RBs, I have no doubt that Whaley could have a 1,000 yd season
Let's call those hogs!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 08, 2016, 09:33:09 am
i told him that a couple weeks ago. about 2 minutes later he responded with "smh"

He knows.

You sure it wasn't SMH that Arkansas fans are still talking darn to him on Twitter?

hawgmasta

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 08, 2016, 12:26:46 pm
You sure it wasn't SMH that Arkansas fans are still talking darn to him on Twitter?
[/quote

lol

Hogarusa

Probably a proper guess
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DeltaBoy

Good read and we will see how this plays out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 08, 2016, 01:00:36 pm
Probably a proper guess

Which does not neccessarily make them wrong however.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pig in the Pokey

naw, he had told me 3 times or more that he preferred to play runningback. it was one of the things that kept us high on his list. I bet he ends up back at RB. Feel feel to believe Hogville's interpretation of twitter b/c Hogville is elite at deciphering 17 year old's tweets, huh?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 10, 2016, 01:48:16 pm
naw, he had told me 3 times or more that he preferred to play runningback. it was one of the things that kept us high on his list. I bet he ends up back at RB. Feel feel to believe Hogville's interpretation of twitter b/c Hogville is elite at deciphering 17 year old's tweets, huh?

Didn't he finish a couple of LSU's scrimmages as the leading tackler while at linebacker? If a true freshman is doing that, I doubt they'd move him from that position.

EDIT: Yeah, he did for at least one.

Three months into his collegiate career and a whole other level of folklore is rising up out of the Sportsman's Paradise after the Tigers completed their first full scrimmage of the spring on Saturday. White, now listed at 6'1", 255 pounds, had a scrimmage tying high of six tackles (Arden Key) after making the switch from running back to linebacker during spring workouts. White has been able to take advantage of Kendall Beckwith being sidelined with a minor injury through the early part of spring drills showcasing his skills to the LSU staff.

Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has already moved his elite true freshman into the first team unit pairing him with Donnie Alexander on the inside in LSU's 3-4 defense. Reporters and fans were kept out of the first scrimmage of the spring leaving the coaching staff to comment on individual performances. Head coach Les Miles commented about White's performance adding, "He's going to be a very talented linebacker. He needs to work on his tackling but he's a guy who will be an every down linebacker for us very quickly. He has a natural instinct and he's a special player."

Also sounds like he was extremely open to the idea:

The 6-foot, 250-pound White, one of five freshmen who enrolled in January, saw a quicker path to the field with new defensive coordinator Dave Aranda.

"We went around the room, voted, talked about his skills," Miles said of the coaching staff. "His lower and upper body skills and his contact. He texted me and said, 'Listen, maybe if I played linebacker I could get on the field sooner.' I said, 'That might be true.' We gave him an opportunity and he's doing a lot with it. It will be interesting to see how he goes from here."

And with that, I'm done talking about LSU players.

smb

This one time I hope the media gets it right. Be Uncommon!
GeorgiaHOG

LZH

Since when did LSU start running a 3-4 defense? Have I been that oblivious?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 10, 2016, 03:23:31 pm
Since when did LSU start running a 3-4 defense? Have I been that oblivious?

Do you know how hard it was for me to not give a smarta$$ remark?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 10, 2016, 06:05:39 pm
Do you know how hard it was for me to not give a smarta$$ remark?  ;)

I set 'em up...all do you have to do is knock 'em down.