Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice Article On Denver Kirkland

Started by TexArkHogFan, May 06, 2016, 12:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

lumphog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Arazorbackguy1

Being that I'm not an O-line expert, what's the deal with the hip bending and the head movement issue they keep bringing up?   

The interesting point in the article is that he's been under Bret for 3 years and he hasn't corrected the issues.  Can someone that knows something about O-lineman explain?

#illhangupandlisten
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

longpig

I hope for his financials and his health that he stays on a roster for 5 or 10 years.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on May 06, 2016, 01:34:47 pm
Being that I'm not an O-line expert, what's the deal with the hip bending and the head movement issue they keep bringing up?   

The interesting point in the article is that he's been under Bret for 3 years and he hasn't corrected the issues.  Can someone that knows something about O-lineman explain?

#illhangupandlisten
my guess is that sometimes bad habits are hard to break.  he may do it in practice when CBB is in his ear, but when he gets on the field he reverts to how he has always done it.  As they mentioned,  he has massive size, so he can probably get away with poor technique and still be effective.  but the same thing that helps him in the down hill rushing game is going to hurt him when faced with speed rushers in pass protect.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on May 06, 2016, 01:38:25 pm
Senior season?
probably wouldnt have majically turned into a first round pick, so either way, he is going to have to try to earn a roster spot.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 06, 2016, 01:45:16 pm
probably wouldnt have majically turned into a first round pick, so either way, he is going to have to try to earn a roster spot.

No, the article talked about his "Senior" season.

code red

DK is too big and strong not to make it.  If anything....you keep him and tell him to be the first off the bus/plane.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou