Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by Hogs33, May 06, 2016, 10:41:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs33

Sorry if this has already been posted but Alex Collins signed a $2.566 million dollar deal with the Seattle Seahawks yesterday, $184,384 signing bonus.

Brandon Allen also signed his with the Jags and I believe it was around $480,000.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on May 06, 2016, 10:41:35 am
Sorry if this has already been posted but Alex Collins signed a $2.566 million dollar deal with the Seattle Seahawks yesterday, $184,384 signing bonus.

Brandon Allen also signed his with the Jags and I believe it was around $480,000.

They earned it. I'm proud of them.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

colbs

I thought I heard where BA signed a 2.4M deal for 4 years?

longpig

Is the 480k Allen's really big signing bonus or his really low 4 year salary?
Don't be scared, be smart.

lawhawg20

Make no mistake, if I was given that kind of scratch at that age, there is a zero percent chance I would do anything responsible with it.  The good news is that both of these young men seem to be much more mature that I was coming out of college (or am now for that matter).  Well-deserved by both!

010HogFan

Quote from: longpig on May 06, 2016, 11:14:43 am

gotta be a salary, I would think

dsgreen

Quote from: longpig on May 06, 2016, 11:14:43 am

That is his cap hit for this year, assuming it's similar across all 4 years, so roughly a 4 year $2m contract.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs33 on May 06, 2016, 10:41:35 am

And the only guaranteed amount is that signing bonus, if he makes the roster, he'll get 1/4 of that contract.

ricepig

Quote from: dsgreen on May 06, 2016, 11:24:20 am
That is his cap hit for this year, assuming it's similar across all 4 years, so roughly a 4 year $2m contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/brandon-allen/

code red

Quote from: colbs on May 06, 2016, 11:14:31 am
I thought I heard where BA signed a 2.4M deal for 4 years?
This and guaranteed 125 K
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SemperHawg

Could not be happier for both of them!

3kgthog

Hang in long enough to qualify for the NFL pension and they'll be decently set up no matter how their careers turn out.

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2016, 11:24:57 am
And the only guaranteed amount is that signing bonus, if he makes the roster, he'll get 1/4 of that contract.

Pretty much all either of them have to do is solidify a #3 spot this season to make roster, I have no doubt this will happen.
Don't be scared, be smart.