Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

satellite camps- is it something that we are considering?

Started by Hogwild, May 05, 2016, 11:44:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Now that satellite camps are allowable under NCAA is that something we are considering? I'm not sure if it is just a fad or the next step in recruiting. Anyone with knowledge or opinions?

PorkRinds

Already in the planning stages.  CBB said today he's planning GLOBAL satellite camps, along with an all Arkansas camp, Dallas, ect.  It's happening.

MultipleScoreGasms

I have read that CBB expressed interest in doing something at Jerry World.

slowride

I think these camps are blown out of proportion.  We need to decide how much they'll cost and if it is worth it or not.  Let's not do them just to be doing them or because some other schools are.

Killean

Quote from: slowride on May 05, 2016, 12:18:02 pm
I think these camps are blown out of proportion.  We need to decide how much they'll cost and if it is worth it or not.  Let's not do them just to be doing them or because some other schools are.

It's university marketing too though.. so that'll be quite beneficial.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hogwild

If we are doing them in Dallas maybe we can partner with the Cowboys and get Jerry to cover the bill.

colbs

Of course it will help, how much I do not know.  it should benefit Arkansas more than some of the schools with more instate talent.

31to6

Quote from: colbs on May 05, 2016, 12:59:45 pm
Of course it will help, how much I do not know.  it should benefit Arkansas more than some of the schools with more instate talent.
These camps are both a defensive necessity and an offensive opportunity.

From a defensive perspective, we need to be at these camps so that recruits we are doing well with use their time to come to *our* camp instead of someone else's.

From an offensive perspective, these camps are a bigger opportunity for us than they are for a program like Alabama or Georgia. We do NOT have enough home-grown talent and we have lots of room for improvement in recruiting. Alabama already has 4 & 5-star players riding the bench behind other 4 & 5-stars. For us, however, even an incremental improvement in recruiting success will make big differences on the field. The difference between the top recruiting class and the #5 class is not that big. But the difference between 30th and 20th is huge as it closes the gap with our SEC-W competition.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

code red

Agreed.  I kinda wonder about what our current players will actually get that is beneficial.  1. They have to travel to the site.  2. How effective will the practice time be.....you know for a fact no one is going to show much of the playbook.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on May 05, 2016, 01:13:40 pm
Agreed.  I kinda wonder about what our current players will actually get that is beneficial.  1. They have to travel to the site.  2. How effective will the practice time be.....you know for a fact no one is going to show much of the playbook.

You do know these camps are for "prospective" players, not current players? These camps are for evaluating and running the prospective players through drills.

code red

Quote from: ricepig on May 05, 2016, 01:17:32 pm
You do know these camps are for "prospective" players, not current players? These camps are for evaluating and running the prospective players through drills.
No I was not...I thought we were talking about spring drills.....obviously I was wrong my apologies.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

What will this do to recruiting agencies?  This should be fun to watch.

Scott Marshall

Coach B during press conference: Will have camps at War Memorial and Cowboys Stadium, Louisiana, Florida, etc.

reddogjcss

Hell yes Satellite Camps: Can't do anything but help our Razorbacks with recruiting! I can't see it helping the BAMAs recruiting but Razorbacks it will be big help.