Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema news conference today

Started by Biggus Piggus, May 05, 2016, 10:51:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hei5manhog

Like everyone, I get excited about the new players (especially hogs) but man probably 300 jobs get taken every season by this new crop. Tough world.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

STLhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 05, 2016, 11:57:47 am
Bielema said Kirkland signed with an agent right before Bielema was scheduled to fly to Miami and talk to Kirkland about his NFL feedback. Bielema mentioned that some draftnik website had listed Kirkland as the top guard available + he contacted them and asked why. By the time draft day came, the same site had Kirkland off the board entirely.
part of me wonders if that draftnik website is run by some Bammer (or other SEC-W) fan?  Anybody know of the agent he originally signed with?

HighcountryHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 06, 2016, 11:53:12 am
I recommend Australia.

Exactly.  Been saying this for years.  Go to NZ and have a camp with the All Blacks.  The amount of badass athletes in that country/sport is unreal. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: STLhawgg on May 09, 2016, 01:04:42 pm
part of me wonders if that draftnik website is run by some Bammer (or other SEC-W) fan?  Anybody know of the agent he originally signed with?

Supposedly the culprit was Mel Kiper, but I cannot verify that.
[CENSORED]!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HighcountryHog on May 09, 2016, 02:42:54 pm
Exactly.  Been saying this for years.  Go to NZ and have a camp with the All Blacks.  The amount of badass athletes in that country/sport is unreal.

All Blacks are awesome. When I lived in Hong Kong I fell in love with Sevens matches. HK Sevens was great when it was in this old small stadium. The fans were almost on the field. Then someone built a beautiful modern stadium where the fans sat 50 yards away and the game atmosphere was never the same.

But Rugby and Aussie Rules surely has some players who could convert. Doesn't this guy have a look of a middle linebacker?  ;D

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"