Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reid Miller

Started by Rzback, May 05, 2016, 08:21:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

jb11

He did last year on ST so I think he will again this year as well.

Snizzzo

He way wind up being the poster child for both Bielema's walk-on program, and his ability to find diamonds in the rough.   IMG is a football  factory, and one of their coaches stated that he thought Miller would be a good college player. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Snizzzo on May 05, 2016, 10:01:27 am
He way wind up being the poster child for both Bielema's walk-on program, and his ability to find diamonds in the rough.   IMG is a football  factory, and one of their coaches stated that he thought Miller would be a good college player.
he was their team MVP/
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

War Boar

He definitely looks like he is ready to take someone's head off.

Rzback

Guess I was asking if anyone thinks he will get playing time in the defensive backfield not special teams. Having read that they moved him from corner to safety during Spring training I was just wondering.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rzback on May 06, 2016, 12:19:12 pm
Guess I was asking if anyone thinks he will get playing time in the defensive backfield not special teams. Having read that they moved him from corner to safety during Spring training I was just wondering.

Reasonable question.  Excellent question for discussion at this time of the year.

I never saw a post spring depth chart.  Was he on the two deep?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Cure

I'm sure he'll get PT, he was one of the consistent players in the backfield in spring.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

lawhawg20

Quote from: Rzback on May 06, 2016, 12:19:12 pm

Unless years of drinking have finally overtaken my brain, I feel like I saw him around the ball a lot in the spring game.  I realize that doesn't necessarily amount to playing time in the fall, but it can't be a bad sign.  Seemed like he was always in position to make a play on the receiver.

hawginbigd1

IMO if he does something has gone horribly wrong.

War Boar

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 07, 2016, 12:37:22 am

Why? Just because he is a walk-on doesn't mean he can't eventually out play scholarship players. He wouldn't be the first Razorback to beat the odds and out play his measurables. It doesn't have to mean others are playing down, maybe he is playing up. Now, with all that said, I'm sure the coaches will put the best players on the field.

Rzback

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 07, 2016, 12:37:22 am

or wonderfully right, like when Brandon Burlsworth walked on and became an All American

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Ark13 on May 07, 2016, 06:26:46 am
Why? Just because he is a walk-on doesn't mean he can't eventually out play scholarship players. He wouldn't be the first Razorback to beat the odds and out play his measurables. It doesn't have to mean others are playing down, maybe he is playing up. Now, with all that said, I'm sure the coaches will put the best players on the field.
Just seen nothing that says he is an SEC caliber safety, measurables are a problem, he plays hard, seems to not be out of position, I just don't see it being a good thing if he is playing a lot. Hoping D. Edwards and even Micah Smith are a step above, not to mention, Liddell, Ramirez, Coley, and the Juco. Got nothing against him just hoping we have better.

War Boar

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 08, 2016, 05:57:44 pm
Just seen nothing that says he is an SEC caliber safety, measurables are a problem, he plays hard, seems to not be out of position, I just don't see it being a good thing if he is playing a lot. Hoping D. Edwards and even Micah Smith are a step above, not to mention, Liddell, Ramirez, Coley, and the Juco. Got nothing against him just hoping we have better.

I get that.  I guess I'm on the other side of the fence though.  I haven't seen enough that says he isn't a SEC caliber safety. I know right now we don't have much to go on, but his hudl video was impressive and like you said he's generally been in the right position to make a play.  If the coaches were confident enough in his abilities to start him that would be good enough for me.