Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Jacksonville Media is saying about BA

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 01, 2016, 09:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DeltaBoy

Brandon is Bad to the Bone!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhJ69mD7xI
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

The real question is......will the Jags keep 3 QBs on the roster......my guess is no.  Henne vs. Allen....who wins?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

alohawg

Brandon will get a shot, all he can ask for.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

SemperHawg

Quote from: code red on May 02, 2016, 02:49:48 pm
The real question is......will the Jags keep 3 QBs on the roster......my guess is no.  Henne vs. Allen....who wins?
Allen does have one advantage here and that is money.  If he proves anywhere near as serviceable of a back up as Henne, Jax will go with him and save themselves the extra money.

RaisinHog

I think Jacksonville actually has carried 3 on more than one occasion .. I could be wrong

songofthesword

There's way hes not on someone's active roster next year

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: songofthesword on May 03, 2016, 12:55:57 am
There's way hes not on someone's active roster next year

I wouldn't go that far . . . it just depends on who he ends up with (if not JAX) and their QB depth situation.  I expect that the worst possible scenario for BA is to be on the practice squad this season, and that isn't all bad as he adjusts to the speed of the game, gets the new terminology down, etc.

I just hope that eventually (within the next couple of years) he gets a shot - somewhere - to play and see what he can do.  But as we saw with Mallett, a "higher rated" prospect, whether or not you see the field depends on a LOT of factors.  In Ryan's case, it took going to another team.

onebadrubi

I'd look for them to try and keep BA so long as he picks up the playbook at any serviceable speed. Henne could be trade bait or maybe even BA if he could have some good showings in the preseason. Jags really like the young guys so I feel they will like Ba

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 03, 2016, 10:02:48 am
I just hope that eventually (within the next couple of years) he gets a shot - somewhere - to play and see what he can do.  But as we saw with Mallett, a "higher rated" prospect, whether or not you see the field depends on a LOT of factors.  In Ryan's case, it took going to another team.

BA has a few important intangibles that, sadly, RM lacks.  What he may not have in size and arm strength, he more than makes up for in other areas.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

woodhog14

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 03, 2016, 11:53:20 am
I'd look for them to try and keep BA so long as he picks up the playbook at any serviceable speed. Henne could be trade bait or maybe even BA if he could have some good showings in the preseason. Jags really like the young guys so I feel they will like Ba

Totally agree...good post!

FraggleHog

I saw he signed a 4 year deal... Any details released on his compensation just yet?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

longpig

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 06, 2016, 03:45:32 pm
I saw he signed a 4 year deal... Any details released on his compensation just yet?

100k ish signing bonus and 2 million ish /4 year contract.
Don't be scared, be smart.

gmarv

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 03, 2016, 01:27:18 pm
BA has a few important intangibles that, sadly, RM lacks.  What he may not have in size and arm strength, he more than makes up for in other areas.
this is a pretty important point in Brandons favor.his personality will serve him well going forward.