Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henry to the Chargers

Started by hog.goblin, April 29, 2016, 06:29:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phadedhawg

Gotta admin, SD is a team I've never really cared about but there are much worse places to end up.  Way to go Hunter!  Very proud of the boy!!!!  Good stuffs!!!  WPS!!!!!

hog.goblin

At least Atwater got some tv time (as Rich Eisen said that man could hit!)

Atlhogfan1

Should be good for HH to have production even though it is a mediocre at best franchise when it comes to winning. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mhsbc59

Atwater Should have got in the Hall of Fame  was the last one cut this year..  think he should have been in years ago
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 29, 2016, 08:38:07 pm
Atwater Should have got in the Hall of Fame  was the last one cut this year..  think he should have been in years ago

One of the best safeties of his generation makes a strong case he should be in. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 07:53:22 pm
Maybe they'll finally talk about him when the Chargers make their 3rd pick coming up early in the 3rd round

Nope, not a word

Unprecedented lack of coverage

rzrbackramsfan

I'm blowing them up on Twitter.

BigNasty

they're covering the chargers 3rd round pick!?  WTH!  highlight package and all

mhsbc59

the 3rd OL pick gets 5 times the screen time as the charger 2nd round pick
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Atlhogfan1

Never seen something like HH's coverage as far as a pick that high and the #1 TE in the draft.  Not saying conspiracy.  But bad timing as far as commercials and discussions. 

AirForceHog

That's it I'm now one of the anti-Arkansas conspiracy of ESPN folks
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

rzrbackramsfan

I wonder if we could all take ESPN to small claims court and win like $200?

oldfart

i think a class action suit is warranted. lets get a sleazy lawyer and go for it

rzrbackramsfan

I bet we have plenty of those in hogville, just Playin

AirForceHog

April 29, 2016, 09:23:12 pm #64 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:34:02 pm by AirForceHog
Any chance another Hog gets drafted before the end of the night?

17 Buffalo               
18 Atlanta           
19 Indianapolis   
20 NY Jets   
21 Washington   
22 Houston   
23 Minnesota   
24 Cincinnati   
25 Green Bay   
26 Pittsburgh   
27 Seattle   
28 New England   
29 Arizona   
30 Cleveland   
31 Seattle   
32 Detroit   
33 New England   
34 Seattle   
35 Denver   

BigSexyHog

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 29, 2016, 09:23:12 pm
Any chance another Hog gets drafted before the end of the night?

17 Buffalo               
18 Atlanta           
19 Indianapolis   
20 NY Jets   
21 Washington   
22 Houston   
23 Minnesota   
24 Cincinnati   
25 Green Bay   
26 Pittsburgh   
27 Seattle   
28 New England   
29 Arizona   
30 Cleveland   
31 Seattle   
32 Detroit   
33 New England   
34 Seattle   
35 Denver   

I am no expert but I don't think so.  About 10 picks left so we shall see
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

gchamblee

Im very happy for HH but very disappointed in who got him. Sucks that he went to a horrible team that has horrible management and horrible fans.

All you idiots whining about arkansas getting no respect and the conspiracy crap lol, it was a dis against the chargers and not the razorbacks. Pay attention and youll stop saying stupid darn.

AirForceHog

Some people just don't get it......    This guy^

PonderinHog

Quote from: gchamblee on April 29, 2016, 10:01:52 pm
Im very happy for HH but very disappointed in who got him. Sucks that he went to a horrible team that has horrible management and horrible fans.

All you idiots whining about arkansas getting no respect and the conspiracy crap lol, it was a dis against the chargers and not the razorbacks. Pay attention and youll stop saying stupid darn.
Is that why they show highlights of the NFL team that the draftee is going to instead of the draftee's college highlights? 

This was Hunter's moment.  ESPN blew it - completely.

Granted, the clock doesn't stop for commercials.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 29, 2016, 10:11:21 pm
Is that why they show highlights of the NFL team that the draftee is going to instead of the draftee's college highlights? 

This was Hunter's moment.  ESPN blew it - completely.

NFLN did too.

mhsbc59

if i could cuss on here i would some one need to knock out all the teeth on these talking heads

gchamblee

Quote from: AirForceHog on April 29, 2016, 10:07:43 pm
Some people just don't get it......    This guy^

So its your opinion that ESPN and NFLN just darn all over an NFL franchise because they dont like the college the player they drafted came from? Sounds legit lol. ^ This guy

Dr. Starcs

And they've shown the other tight ends highlights.

I really think it was because Dallas surprised everyone by taking jaylon smith and espn had to bloviate about it and Myles jack for 15 minutes.

Sad that Utah st has had more players drafted than us through 3 rounds.

Atlhogfan1

Had higher hopes for the Hogs especially AC.  RB is just not a valued position(Cowboys lol).  Kirkland should have came back for his sr season. 

mhsbc59

Quote from: gchamblee on April 29, 2016, 10:13:49 pm
So its your opinion that ESPN and NFLN just darn all over an NFL franchise because they dont like the college the player they drafted came from? Sounds legit lol. ^ This guy

this is an Arkansas board no cares about the chargers we care about hunter

Hogarusa

This thread has taken an odd turn.  Congrats to Hunter, should be a good landing spot and gets to learn from one of the best in Gates and has a great QB to work with.  Plus he will play a game in KC every year.  Win
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hog.goblin

Collins and Kirkland, no guaranteed spot on the roster/money.  Stay in school kids.

RzRbAcK18

I am a conspiracy nut but I don't buy it here. It really was bad timing. They went to commercial, sandwiched between Smith and Jack, and then had the thug from Alabama on stage. I highly doubt HH is to worried about it and neither should we be. I am a little peeved at the the huge recruiting boost Urban Meyer got tonight with T.V. time and 10 draft picks but hey "it's just good business".

mhsbc59

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 10:21:30 pm
Collins and Kirkland, no guaranteed spot on the roster/money.  Stay in school kids.

Collins could not have upped his stock any more by coming back. He risk's injury and RB is not a priority NFL anymore best to leave early if you are an RB.  I always thought Kirkland leaving was a mistake he is playing out of postion at arkansas could have used another year in the weight room

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 29, 2016, 10:27:15 pm
Collins could not have upped his stock any more by coming back. He risk's injury and RB is not a priority NFL anymore best to leave early if you are an RB.  I always thought Kirkland leaving was a mistake he is playing out of postion at arkansas could have used another year in the weight room

Well if he doesn't make a team I bet he wishes he was still on the Arkansas team.  He'll be fine though

mhsbc59

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 29, 2016, 10:29:00 pm
Well if he doesn't make a team I bet he wishes he was still on the Arkansas team.  He'll be fine though

If he is not drafted this year there is no way he is drafted next year way to many rb in next years draft class.  Even if he came back who's to say he does'nt break his foot.  The average NFL career is 2 years and you have to be on a 55 man roster for 3 full season to be fully vested into the NFL retirement so its all a crap shoot anyway

East Clintwood

Quote from: oldfart on April 29, 2016, 09:14:36 pm
i think a class action suit is warranted. lets get a sleazy lawyer and go for it

Sleazy lawyer is a double negative.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hog.goblin

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 29, 2016, 10:27:15 pm

If I know I'm a day 3 talent I'm staying and getting my degree.  Injuries happen.  He could stay healthy and be out of football forever in 6 months.  Unlikely, but I sure thought Tyler Wilson would be a 3rd string backup for several years.

hog.goblin

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 29, 2016, 10:34:22 pm
If he is not drafted this year there is no way he is drafted next year way to many rb in next years draft class.  Even if he came back who's to say he does'nt break his foot.  The average NFL career is 2 years and you have to be on a 55 man roster for 3 full season to be fully vested into the NFL retirement so its all a crap shoot anyway

Which is why you get your degree

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 10:37:22 pm

Yes and get to play football another year/dominate and break records.  That being said, he'll get drafted and make a team, the scouts are messing up. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 10:36:24 pm
If I know I'm a day 3 talent I'm staying and getting my degree.  Injuries happen.  He could stay healthy and be out of football forever in 6 months.  Unlikely, but I sure thought Tyler Wilson would be a 3rd string backup for several years.

I bet ac would've too, the combine really killed him.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: East Clintwood on April 29, 2016, 10:35:28 pm
Sleazy lawyer is a double negative.

You need to read to kill a mockingbird... Jk I get your joke, but I bet lawyers are way classier than truckers and oilfield workers on average. 

Hogarusa

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on April 29, 2016, 10:24:40 pm
I am a conspiracy nut but I don't buy it here. It really was bad timing. They went to commercial, sandwiched between Smith and Jack

Pretty clear and easy explanation, completely agree.  He was sandwiched between 2 huge stories. Tough spot. No conspiracy
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

mhsbc59

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 10:36:24 pm

AC is a day 2 talent that didnt go on day 2. There was a massive run on Defense players this year. 58 of the 96 players drafted so far this year are on the D side of the ball. That broke the record for the modern draft era. I had no hope for Tyler, tuff kid not NFL matteral.  Brandon is more NFL ready

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 29, 2016, 10:47:30 pm
Pretty clear and easy explanation, completely agree.  He was sandwiched between 2 huge stories. Tough spot. No conspiracy

Pay no attention behind the man behind the curtain.  Wake up Dorathy

mhsbc59

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 10:37:22 pm

You can always get a college degree.dont need to be on a football team to get one.  College degrees dont get people most places these days.. it will open few doors more door are open by connections and being able to network

hog.goblin

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 29, 2016, 10:50:25 pm
AC is a day 2 talent that didnt go on day 2. There was a massive run on Defense players this year. 58 of the 96 players drafted so far this year are on the D side of the ball. That broke the record for the modern draft era. I had no hope for Tyler, tuff kid not NFL matteral.  Brandon is more NFL ready

Wait, not day 2 because of defense this year, not day 2 next year because of all the RBs - sounds like he is day 3 talent in today's NFL

I never thought Tyler would start, but I thought he would hold a clipboard for several years.  Far worse QBs in the league.

mhsbc59

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 29, 2016, 10:42:25 pm
You need to read to kill a mockingbird... Jk I get your joke, but I bet lawyers are way classier than truckers and oilfield workers on average. 

I have to disagree with you there i have lawyer buddies and oil field buddies i know they are classy in different ways but both crud as well ;)

hog.goblin

Don't get me wrong, hope they have long successful careers despite being drafted on Day 3

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogz11 on April 29, 2016, 07:42:15 pm
Great for the Chargers. Awful for Henry IMO. San Diego isn't the best of places. Maybe with the first two picks this year they will become relevant somehow. Still have a horrible offensive line though.
why is that bad for Hunter? A year under a sure fire Hall of Fame TE to learn from, best QB in the west, and no O-Line means they will dump it to the TE a LOT. Duh. Perfect fit for Hunter. Oh yeah, best NFL city to live in!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

mhsbc59

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2016, 10:57:27 pm
Wait, not day 2 because of defense this year, not day 2 next year because of all the RBs - sounds like he is day 3 talent in today's NFL

I never thought Tyler would start, but I thought he would hold a clipboard for several years.  Far worse QBs in the league.

no one knew there would be a run on this many defensive players this year AC will be fine.

Tyler never could read a defense.  Stared down recivers and waited to see them open before thowing cant do that in the NFL

rzrbackramsfan

The point is if he knew he was going to be day 3 (which we all kind of expected day w although I'm not shocked he didn't) he should have stayed.  Yes he can go get a degree later but playing another year in college has its advantages other than a degree and moving up in the draft. 

lumphog

Quote from: oldfart on April 29, 2016, 09:14:36 pm
Better call Saul

pigture perfect

They could at least shown the Hunter Heave.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Someone help me out.
My phone rang and a talking head on ESPN stated, as the next best list scrolled, that the "next TE" was a 1a to HH, and would be a value pick or some such.

Who was the goober that said this?
Who was the TE?

Thanks in advance.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?