Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by b_stackhouse, April 26, 2016, 11:35:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgmasta

This is surprising. Only the speed thing seems to be a knock and he still ran for 1k three years In a row. Goodness

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 30, 2016, 01:30:21 pm
Switching back...ESPN is about 5 minutes behind!!

Charles Davis just said both are good backs and should be in that next group of backs.  Said they might have been forgotten cause they shared time
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ricepig

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hog Fan from Camden

Another RB to Philly!  Wow!

songofthesword

See now you are seeing third down backs. And Collins can't catch

Hog Fan from Camden

ricepig

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 01:38:09 pm

But JWill can.......

PigTimePlayer

Wendell Smallwood? Wow. This is shocking.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

WilsonHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 30, 2016, 01:33:54 pm
Crazy that some of those went before JW and AC

Add #11, Wendell Smallwood from West Virginia.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 01:38:09 pm
Why do you say he cannot catch?

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rzrbackramsfan

Wendell Smallwood huh? I wonder if he'd have 3 straight 1,000 yard years in the sec? Maybe honestly, we run it a lot lol.

hogman99

Maybe, just maybe the NFL boys know quite a bit more than Hogville posters. Lots of whining in this thread.  :'(

BigSexyHog

And you can take JWILL OFF THE BOARD
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

alohawg

These two backs will both get their chance to make every other team pay for passing on them.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dr. Starcs

Exactly my thoughts. Both of you. Lol

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

WilsonHog

Found this on NFL.com re: AC:

"One speed runner. Doesn't play with natural one-­cut stride length and everything comes off stutter-stepping, choppy strides. Feel for outside runs is off. Breaks runs back inside prematurely that still have life along their original track. Can't generate enough momentum through contact acceleration to be a tackle breaker. Credited with just five broken tackles over his last 475 carries. Unproven as pass catcher and inconsistent in squaring up his pass protection responsibilities. Has 17 career fumbles with nine lost."

Their NFL comparison was Chris Ivory.

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2016, 01:45:59 pm
Has 17 career fumbles with nine lost."

This sure didn't help.  No matter what your potential may be, you fumble once in the NFL, you get another chance.  You fumble again and you're gone unless you've already proven yourself.

songofthesword

J will was a 5th 7th round pick before he missed a year.

If you can't win the combine, come back to school

Hunter won the combine. He's the most physically impressive te and was drafted as such 

Williams couldn't even fully  participate and Collins was one of the physically unimpressive rbs in the combine

I love both players but the NFL does not give 2 shits how many 1000 yard seasons you have

RME

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 30, 2016, 01:40:54 pm
Wendell Smallwood huh? I wonder if he'd have 3 straight 1,000 yard years in the sec? Maybe honestly, we run it a lot lol.

This dead horse has been beaten, brought back to life, and beaten again. Clearly, NFL GMs, scouts, evaluators, coaches, whatever else you want, DO NOT CARE about this stat. Yes, talent allows you to get the stats. That's obvious. But so does the system in which you play, and the guys around you as well.

You guys who act like Collins should be the #1 overall pick because of what he did here (which was remarkable, the guy had an amazing career) need to realize that the NFL looks at you as an individual player, your intangibles, and your potential way more than your college stats. They've shown this by taking guys in the 1st round who've had 1 good year of football (Ziggy Ansah). They take chances on potential all the time, so clearly to them college stats are not as important as some of you believe.

I do not think the NFL is what many of you believe it to be.

alohawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2016, 01:45:59 pm
Found this on NFL.com re: AC:

"One speed runner. Doesn't play with natural one-­cut stride length and everything comes off stutter-stepping, choppy strides. Feel for outside runs is off. Breaks runs back inside prematurely that still have life along their original track. Can't generate enough momentum through contact acceleration to be a tackle breaker. Credited with just five broken tackles over his last 475 carries. Unproven as pass catcher and inconsistent in squaring up his pass protection responsibilities. Has 17 career fumbles with nine lost."

Their NFL comparison was Chris Ivory.

Really, he had 5 broken tackles on one td run against K. State.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

songofthesword

5 [CENSORED] broken tackles in 475 carries!!!!!!! Holy darn

Hogs958

Ask some Kansas State players if he can break tackles or not.

jseinfeld50

April 30, 2016, 01:49:24 pm #76 Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:13:14 pm by jseinfeld50
ac

ricepig

Quote from: alohawg on April 30, 2016, 01:48:51 pm

Yeah, I wonder what film they watched, lol.

PigTimePlayer

Congrats, JWill! From Bret Bielema to Rex Ryan, at least he will be used to coaches with personality!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

a0ashle

Look on the bright side, now the NFL can sell us on him being a hidden gem when he breaks out.

rljjr

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 30, 2016, 01:48:12 pm
This dead horse has been beaten, brought back to life, and beaten again. Clearly, NFL GMs, scouts, evaluators, coaches, whatever else you want, DO NOT CARE about this stat. Yes, talent allows you to get the stats. That's obvious. But so does the system in which you play, and the guys around you as well.

You guys who act like Collins should be the #1 overall pick because of what he did here (which was remarkable, the guy had an amazing career) need to realize that the NFL looks at you as an individual player, your intangibles, and your potential way more than your college stats. They've shown this by taking guys in the 1st round who've had 1 good year of football (Ziggy Ansah). They take chances on potential all the time, so clearly to them college stats are not as important as some of you believe.

I do not think the NFL is what many of you believe it to be.

I think if you look at the durability of AC and his ability to fall forward or to find small creases that counts for something. Sure, he had fumble issues early on, but I think those were corrected for the most part. He didn't have a really strong showing at the combine or pro day, but when he's on the field he's a gamer. Don't we hear that about other players? The converse is also true ... combine warrior, etc. I think AC is going to be better than the majority of the RBs taken above him -- if and when he is selected.

hawginbigd1

I thought he might go right here at 159 to Houston, I thought it would have been a good fit.

rljjr

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 01:49:11 pm

That can't be accurate.

HogBreath

Quote from: hogman99 on April 30, 2016, 01:43:28 pm
Maybe, just maybe the NFL boys know quite a bit more than Hogville posters. Lots of whining in this thread.  :'(
Ryan Leaf, RGIII and countless others said yeah that's right.  NFL guys are always right.  BS.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

alohawg

Quote from: rljjr on April 30, 2016, 01:56:57 pm
That can't be accurate.

It's definitely not. That paragraph looks like it was authored by a team wanting a steal.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Kevin

I was hoping Denver would take him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

King Kong

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 01:49:11 pm

He broke 3 on one play against Kansas State. That stat is not correct

RME

Quote from: rljjr on April 30, 2016, 01:54:40 pm
I think if you look at the durability of AC and his ability to fall forward or to find small creases that counts for something. Sure, he had fumble issues early on, but I think those were corrected for the most part. He didn't have a really strong showing at the combine or pro day, but when he's on the field he's a gamer. Don't we hear that about other players? The converse is also true ... combine warrior, etc. I think AC is going to be better than the majority of the RBs taken above him -- if and when he is selected.

I do agree with you there. I really see him as a Chris Ivory type, and Ivory has been one of the most solid, dependable backs for the last few years. The point of my post was that it's just not all about college stats, like so many believe. You are correct in his durability and shiftiness, but yeah he did have a subpar combine, and as we've seen, the NFL loves intangibles because they can craft something great out of athleticism.

I just think the "he ran for 96,000 yards in the SEC!!!!!" argument doesn't work. Why? Because these NFL guys in the war room are proving to us that it doesn't matter.

hogcard1964

I previously said he was making a mistake and I still stand by it.  He may go undrafted.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 30, 2016, 02:01:00 pm
I do agree with you there. I really see him as a Chris Ivory type, and Ivory has been one of the most solid, dependable backs for the last few years. The point of my post was that it's just not all about college stats, like so many believe. You are correct in his durability and shiftiness, but yeah he did have a subpar combine, and as we've seen, the NFL loves intangibles because they can craft something great out of athleticism.

I just think the "he ran for 96,000 yards in the SEC!!!!!" argument doesn't work. Why? Because these NFL guys in the war room are proving to us that it doesn't matter.
to me a see the ability to change direction at full speed and good vision (although shows inexperience with his reads at times), two attributes that really help in the NFL.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 30, 2016, 02:02:44 pm
I previously said he was making a mistake and I still stand by it.  He may go undrafted.
I called it too, straight up. WAS MOCKED.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 30, 2016, 02:03:39 pm
I called it too, straight up. WAS MOCKED.

Well, yeah, but you're always mocked. 😂

online-with-swine

I feel bad for AC, Tretola etc.  I really thought a couple more would be off the board by now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: online-with-swine on April 30, 2016, 02:06:52 pm
I feel bad for AC, Tretola etc.  I really thought a couple more would be off the board by now.

I just hope they can come away with decent signing bonuses (if they're drafted) to keep them afloat for awhile.  So many kids make this mistake.

songofthesword

Tretola I'm not worried about he's gonna stick. Too good zan Athlete huge and strong as an ox.

I guess it depends on what your definition of a broken tackle is

Muskliketusk

When they's two of the best backs in the pros I'm gonna laugh and they will laugh to all the way to the bank. You can book that.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 26, 2016, 12:15:08 pm
I don't make a living scouting football players but to me AC3's running style is tailor made for the NFL.  His hard cuts and straight line running seems like the style that is the most successful in the pros.

Agree, he's also a very smart and patient runner and allusive and difficult to get a square hit on. All typical characteristics of good nfl backs.

rzrbackramsfan

I think this is one of the very very few situations where hogville knows something that the professionals don't and that is that someone is going to be getting the steal of the draft by drafting Collins this late.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

rude1

Quote from: alohawg on April 30, 2016, 01:48:51 pm
You guys are looking at something different than NFL scouts are looking at, they don't count "missed" tackles as broken tackles.