Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by b_stackhouse, April 26, 2016, 11:35:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rude1 on April 30, 2016, 02:12:14 pm
You guys are looking at something different than NFL scouts are looking at, they don't count "missed" tackles as broken tackles.

This is for you Rude and the others following similar comments. The video below is from the scout who followed AC for the Seahawks.

Seahawk's scout who followed AC

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/04/30/aaron-hineline-draft-day-3-press-conference

Sometimes supporting a player from your team isn't being a homer. Sometimes it is being faithful to what your eyes are seeing. And the scout doesn't agree with you.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

RollHogTide

I had an opportunity to be positioned very close to AC when the Razorbacks traveled to Tuscaloosa in 2013.  I was able to watch and listen to him interact with teammates as well as the coaches and other people that had traveled with the Razorback team.  He treated everyone with respect and always had a huge smile on his face.

I was exceptionally impressed with the way the young man handled himself and made a comment to a couple of the folks that had traveled with me to the game about his attitude.  He may or may not be successful in the NFL (just like every other player drafted), but the young man's character will shine through for the rest of his life. 

RedyorNot

Thanks for posting this, it's a cool perspective to hear what the NFL scouts say about a player. Sounds like they think AC is the real deal

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: RedyorNot on April 30, 2016, 09:57:29 pm
Thanks for posting this, it's a cool perspective to hear what the NFL scouts say about a player. Sounds like they think AC is the real deal

The Seahawks' GM said in a news conference that fumbling was why Collins slid in the draft + they believe they can fix that problem.
[CENSORED]!

HogZombie

It doesn't hurt that in several of his highlight vids you can see him do something that C. Michael is psychologically unable to do, which is to re-position the ball.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 03, 2016, 11:27:06 am
The Seahawks' GM said in a news conference that fumbling was why Collins slid in the draft + they believe they can fix that problem.

No doubt that is part of why he slid.  I say it is a non-issue at this point.  Early on in his career, I think he just lacked maturity and focus.  Same with one of the other knocks against him:  "Credited with breaking only 5 tackles during his career."  While that could be telling with some players, it most certainly is not with him.  He makes people miss touching him altogether and doesn't get credited with breaking those tackles.  He makes guys only get an arm on him instead of being able to square him up and doesn't get credited with breaking those tackles.  Then, when he finally does get tackled, he always fall forward, and now without fumbling as much.

I see why scouts dropped him, but I think they are overhyped "flaws" in his game that will end up making some scouts wonder how they missed on him.

He is a 3rd round talent who fell to the 5th round.  It happens.

Pigsknuckles

AC may just give me a reason to pull for the Seahawks. I'm still not over Pete Carroll jumping to the NFL, and leaving the Reggie Bush mess behind at USC for others to clean up.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on May 03, 2016, 01:28:52 pm
AC may just give me a reason to pull for the Seahawks. I'm still not over Pete Carroll jumping to the NFL, and leaving the Reggie Bush mess behind at USC for others to clean up.
I'm more pissed about the back to back 70 point losses.  Dude was running up the score with his third team on the field.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 03, 2016, 01:49:29 pm
I'm more pissed about the back to back 70 point losses.  Dude was running up the score with his third team on the field.

Uh, by definition that ain't running up the score.  That's called having a coach that sucks so bad that your first team can't stop their third team.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on May 03, 2016, 01:28:52 pm
you do know that Pete literally got his start in coaching under Holtz at Arkansas?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 03, 2016, 01:56:59 pm
Uh, by definition that ain't running up the score.  That's called having a coach that sucks so bad that your first team can't stop their third team.

Pete Carroll to his 3rd string players. "Ok guys you have worked your butt off for months and have been dreaming of the time you would be allowed to step on the field as a USC Trojan. Well that time has come!!! But there is one small problem. See that dufus across the field that looks like a monkey with a whistle? Well I need you not to try your best. Let them break tackles and catch passes. And for goodness sakes please please don't score. Men, your time has come. Make me proud!"
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 03, 2016, 01:56:59 pm

---->Joke

---->Your head
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dr. Starcs

I know what you mean, but they weren't 70 point losses.

We lost the first 70-17, and the second was something like 48-14.

They were both embarrassing although the second one was close for a half. 

hei5manhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 03, 2016, 02:26:59 pm
Pete Carroll to his 3rd string players. "Ok guys you have worked your butt off for months and have been dreaming of the time you would be allowed to step on the field as a USC Trojan. Well that time has come!!! But there is one small problem. See that dufus across the field that looks like a monkey with a whistle? Well I need you not to try your best. Let them break tackles and catch passes. And for goodness sakes please please don't score. Men, your time has come. Make me proud!"

So good.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 03, 2016, 01:49:29 pm

Cringe...I was at one of those games.
Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 03, 2016, 02:00:44 pm
you do know that Pete literally got his start in coaching under Holtz at Arkansas?

I did not know that
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DOGALUM

All the best to Alex. 

He's one of my all time favorite Razorbacks.   (likely my favorite....but without giving it a lot of thought, "one of" will have to do)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!