Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the Hogs star?

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, April 16, 2015, 01:02:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

I don't see a clear cut star for 15-16.

I also don't think we fall off quite as much as most on here are thinking. On HV, the focus is on who we lose and who we bring in for the next season. All the while, the development of current players gets almost entirely overlooked. Let's see how the current players have developed before writing the team off.

I will say we likely return to our rebounding woes. I enjoyed not getting hammered on the boards but sadly we will likely be back to that in 15-16.

HawgWild

"This is a program. This is not a one-year wonder." Mike Anderson.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HawgWild on April 19, 2015, 02:35:03 pm

No it isn't. That doesnt mean that next year might be rebuilding for 2016-2017

Porked Tongue

Your ACT is getting old.  You can disguise it as "realism", but you're a straight troll.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: HawgWild on April 19, 2015, 02:35:03 pm
This is exactly right.

I don't know the answer but I suspect Beard will be a star next year.

TheRazorbackGuy

KeVaughn Allen were to commit he would certainly be the star

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 19, 2015, 01:19:53 pm
I don't see a clear cut star for 15-16.

I think this is probably true. While there will always be guys who step up, not sure there will actually be a star. With that said, I think it's possible that we could be a team with a bunch of guys who average anywhere from 8-12 ppg. If we can get balanced scoring that can help make up for having two guys who average in the 15-18 range.

acey33

Let's hope somebody emerges and becomes a leader for this team because MA has his work cut out for him this next BBall Season. 

gmarv

its just a opportunity waiting for the guys we got coming back.its their day andi think we,ll be better than most think.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: gmarv on May 07, 2015, 03:28:59 pm
its just a opportunity waiting for the guys we got coming back.its their day andi think we,ll be better than most think.
Wow... I was saying one of the freshmen

Letsroll1200

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 19, 2015, 12:04:39 pm

As much of a homer as you are trying to be. If you understand basketball you know you can't win without stars. Sometimes it takes 3 stars. But stars are important and we just lost two of them. Don't act like this is a 27 win team next year.

We have enough talent to make it back to the tournament if we can get Allen and a good post.

Danny J

Whitt will emerge as the best player on the team by 1/3 thru the season.

umpqua

Every 10-12 years we get a Ray Biggers type. I hope that this is one of those years.

hogsanity

Quote from: Danny J on May 07, 2015, 05:42:26 pm
Whitt will emerge as the best player on the team by 1/3 thru the season.

best player and star, in the context it is being talked about in this thread, are not necessarily the same thing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: lefty08 on April 17, 2015, 07:04:17 pm
Yep, just fine
I'm with you.  We are going to be just fine.  Mark it down.  22-25 wins.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on May 08, 2015, 02:09:29 pm
I'm with you.  We are going to be just fine.  Mark it down.  22-25 wins.

That's actually pretty funny. Have you seen the recruits that other SEC schools brought in? Miss State even got a McAA, LSU got two McAAs and I'm sure Kentucky had their fair share also. This is an NIT team unless CMA gets KeVaughn and still might be NIT level.

Scott7703

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 08, 2015, 07:37:17 pm
That's actually pretty funny. Have you seen the recruits that other SEC schools brought in? Miss State even got a McAA, LSU got two McAAs and I'm sure Kentucky had their fair share also. This is an NIT team unless CMA gets KeVaughn and still might be NIT level.

So how many wins do you see? Lets say "hypothetically" we end up with a signing class that consists of Whitt, Kapita, Allen, and this big man that's visiting this weekend whose name I can't think of. When was the last time we signed a class of that caliber? I'm bit saying that anyone we currently have is going to be bobby Portis but I do think our team has a chance to be deeper and overall more skilled than what we've seen in the past and even last season.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 08, 2015, 08:31:27 pm
So how many wins do you see? Lets say "hypothetically" we end up with a signing class that consists of Whitt, Kapita, Allen, and this big man that's visiting this weekend whose name I can't think of. When was the last time we signed a class of that caliber? I'm bit saying that anyone we currently have is going to be bobby Portis but I do think our team has a chance to be deeper and overall more skilled than what we've seen in the past and even last season.

12 games decided by 5 points or less last season with 4 starters leaving. To think there won't be a little slippage is just not realistic. Their is 65% or more of the scoring not returning. I think next year is a bridge rebuilding year for 2017 when we have 5 schlorships and have a McAA in our own state. Next years team will compete but they will play like a young team.

Scott7703

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 08, 2015, 10:59:36 pm
12 games decided by 5 points or less last season with 4 starters leaving. To think there won't be a little slippage is just not realistic. Their is 65% or more of the scoring not returning. I think next year is a bridge rebuilding year for 2017 when we have 5 schlorships and have a McAA in our own state. Next years team will compete but they will play like a young team.

Fair enough and I agree with part of that. How many wins do you see?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 08, 2015, 11:14:34 pm
Fair enough and I agree with part of that. How many wins do you see?

Like between 17-22

hog.goblin

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 17, 2015, 06:00:13 pm

Losing 4 of 5 starters including two guys who will be playing in the NBA next year and be just fine?
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I would say fine if fine means 18 wins or so.

I also think we will have 1 guy playing in the NBA, and modest minutes at that.

hogsanity

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 08, 2015, 10:59:36 pm

And then, IF MA lands Monk, 16/17 will be the bog year, then we go back to waiting on Sidney Moncrief's grandkid, or another relative or close friend of Mike to have a really good player, or the state of Arkansas to have another above average in state player.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: hogsanity on May 11, 2015, 10:03:48 am
And then, IF MA lands Monk, 16/17 will be the bog year, then we go back to waiting on Sidney Moncrief's grandkid, or another relative or close friend of Mike to have a really good player, or the state of Arkansas to have another above average in state player.

The "bog year" sounds dramatic enough but I think the quagmire year has a better ring. Oh, and congratulate Super Sid on the grandkid. Do you know the kids measurables?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Jamie Jones

Beard will be the leader of a larger group of role players. Arkansas has always been at least as good when they have 7-9 role players contributing, as they are when they have 1 or 2 stars that the rest of the team count on game in and game out. MA has a good group coming in to compliment the players that are coming back. I expect to see games where Whitt, Bell, Thompson (sp), Kingsley, as well as others (maybe even Allen) show up on different nights to take over and put the team on their back. With the return to the guard heavy roster, one thing is clear, MA is making Hawgball fun to watch again.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.