Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema recruiting tidbits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 03, 2014, 11:51:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

RD does Kirkland have 2 or 3 yrs of wligibility?

NLRHog92

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 03, 2014, 12:02:48 pm
RD does Kirkland have 2 or 3 yrs of wligibility?

He's a high school senior... so 5 to play 4.

trashcan maN

Ya I just saw that. His 247 profile is weird. Showed him as a 2013 recruit at another school.

Thanks

trashcan maN

Looks like Kirkland is scheduled to visit Texas in 2 days and USCW the weekend after that. Betcha BB is pushing hard for him to cancel one of those.

aloha_kid

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 03, 2014, 12:12:56 pm
Ya I just saw that. His 247 profile is weird. Showed him as a 2013 recruit at another school.

Thanks

These show 2015. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Darrin-Kirkland-Jr-32396
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darrin-Kirkland%20Jr.-153140

RazorPiggie

RazorPiggie

Not seeing it on Kirkland. He's basically already took all his visits.

greenie

If any of the guys transferring out go to D1 schools, don't they have to sit out a year?

WooPig90

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 03, 2014, 01:22:48 pm
Not seeing it on Kirkland. He's basically already took all his visits.

Only shot is if he cancels one of his last 2 visits

WooPig90

Quote from: greenie on December 03, 2014, 01:45:18 pm
If any of the guys transferring out go to D1 schools, don't they have to sit out a year?

Yup

Mortgage Hog

Quote from: greenie on December 03, 2014, 01:45:18 pm

Not if they have finished undergrad at previous school. 

ricepig

Quote from: Mortgage Hog on December 03, 2014, 01:51:00 pm
Not if they have finished undergrad at previous school. 

Which these guy's haven't.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 03, 2014, 01:46:36 pm
Only shot is if he cancels one of his last 2 visits

Which are scheduled for this weekend and next.

PorkRinds

ricepig

WooPig90

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2014, 02:07:00 pm
Marshall, Hines, Ollison

Gotcha.  Didn't Hines sit this year?  Would he have to sit another?

WooPig90

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 03, 2014, 02:09:57 pm
Gotcha.  Didn't Hines sit this year?  Would he have to sit another?

Yup since he got redshirted i believe, he would have to sit next year unless he goes to a non D1 school first

WooPig90

I saw a headline just a little bit ago saying "Arkansas could add transfer, but not who everyone is thinking" and a small description about it being a LB. Anyone know who it could be?

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 03, 2014, 02:36:39 pm
I saw a headline just a little bit ago saying "Arkansas could add transfer, but not who everyone is thinking" and a small description about it being a LB. Anyone know who it could be?

A linebacker at a school we played this year who could play immediately as a senior next year. He also led his team in tackles the past 2 years.

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm still waiting for RD, or anyone, to answer my question about numbers.  We have 18 public commits now if you include Allen. We're taking 25.  So why is it a common understanding that we still have 8 spots left?  Do we have a spot to count back?  Is there a current commit we think won't be there in the end?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Hogfather

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on December 03, 2014, 02:57:03 pm
A linebacker at a school we played this year who could play immediately as a senior next year. He also led his team in tackles the past 2 years.

LB from UAB?

WooPig90

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2014, 02:59:16 pm
I'm still waiting for RD, or anyone, to answer my question about numbers.  We have 18 public commits now if you include Allen. We're taking 25.  So why is it a common understanding that we still have 8 spots left?  Do we have a spot to count back?  Is there a current commit we think won't be there in the end?

Everywhere I have heard, is 7

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 03, 2014, 03:07:03 pm
Everywhere I have heard, is 7

Well in the last month or so, I've seen 8 a lot...and after Graham committed.  And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure RD even said or suggested 8 as well.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

NLRHog92

Jake Ganus, posted about him several times.

WBC Hog

I've also heard for the past month or so we have 8 spots left. With CBB saying we're signing 25, I'm confused. Help

JaketheSnake

CBB has been spending a lot of time in Utah.  I hope it pays off.

Music City Hog

I'd be willing to bet that Kirkland will be a Vol.

Scott7703

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 03, 2014, 05:02:47 pm
I'd be willing to bet that Kirkland will be a Vol.

You see anyway we get Kirkland in for a visit?

gumbohog

Question - do transfers count against our 25? Obviously They against our 85 (if they're on scholarship)...but just making sure they don't count against our 25

wildhogman

Havent read the whole thread but if I had to guess I would say a LB from UAB maybe