Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question

Started by JTHog59, December 03, 2014, 11:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JTHog59

Quick question for those of y'all in the know.
With the reported transfers of Ollison, Hines, and Marshall, does this free up 3 additional scholarships that can be used in 2015?

Thanks
Go Hogs!

ricepig

Quote from: JTHog59 on December 03, 2014, 11:46:53 am
With the reported transfers of Ollison, Hines, and Marshall, does this free up 3 additional scholarships that can be used in 2015?

Thanks
Go Hogs!

Yes, as far as the 85 number, no, as far as the 2015 class.

redswarmrising

Quote from: JTHog59 on December 03, 2014, 11:46:53 am

Thanks
Go Hogs!

those 3 schollys will probably go to walk-ons

NLRHog92

Quote from: redswarmrising on December 03, 2014, 12:09:25 pm

Maybe not all of them. We might get some transfers here as well, never know.

Tim Harris

I'm almost certain that we have to have a handful of guys move on to open up room to sign a full class this year.

redswarmrising

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 03, 2014, 12:13:14 pm
Maybe not all of them. We might get some transfers here as well, never know.

that's true.i didn't think about transfers

redswarmrising

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 12:16:00 pm
I'm almost certain that we have to have a handful of guys move on to open up room to sign a full class this year.

it doesn't matter how many stay or leave.we're still gonna have 25-26 schollys for the 2015 recruiting class.anyone that leaves,their scholly/schollys will only be given to walk-ons or kids transferring in.they can't be used to sign more in the 2015 recruiting class

Tim Harris

Quote from: redswarmrising on December 03, 2014, 12:22:49 pm
it doesn't matter how many stay or leave.we're still gonna have 25-26 schollys for the 2015 recruiting class.anyone that leaves,their scholly/schollys will only be given to walk-ons or kids transferring in.they can't be used to sign more in the 2015 recruiting class

I'm aware of the recruiting rules and how all that works.  What I'm saying is when we sign 25 for this class we still need a couple more to leave for us to be under the 85 limit.

CDBHawg

The scholarships will go to incoming freshmen.

If we sign 25, that puts his at 86 scholarship players. Meaning 1 more at the minimum will transfer.

CDBHawg

Quote from: redswarmrising on December 03, 2014, 12:22:49 pm

Exactly. They can't be used to sign more than 25. But they can be used on the incoming 25. Which they will be.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 12:30:06 pm
I'm aware of the recruiting rules and how all that works.  What I'm saying is when we sign 25 for this class we still need a couple more to leave for us to be under the 85 limit.

Yep, 20 seniors plus 3 transfers leaves 2 more that need to "get on outta hereya"!

jgphillips3

Quote from: ARtillahog on December 03, 2014, 12:51:21 pm
Yep, 20 seniors plus 3 transfers leaves 2 more that need to "get on outta hereya"!

Well, scholarships are one year at a time.  We could also not renew scholarships to former walk ons if needed.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 04, 2014, 08:14:51 am
Well, scholarships are one year at a time.  We could also not renew scholarships to former walk ons if needed.

Currently, several of the other conferences are making them 4 year commitments, I see the SEC being last to make that change.

Scott7703

I expect we see a couple players transfer in. As always the numbers will work themselves out.

I won't speculate on names but it wouldn't surprise me if we see a quarterback or two leave, a rb and also a wr or two. 

There'll be room to sign 25 and also add a transfer or 3.

greenie

Quote from: ricepig on December 04, 2014, 09:48:10 am
Currently, several of the other conferences are making them 4 year commitments, I see the SEC being last to make that change.

If a scholarship gets pulled, can an athlete transfer without having to sit a year?  If not, that's total BS.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 04, 2014, 10:14:01 am
I expect we see a couple players transfer in. As always the numbers will work themselves out.

I won't speculate on names but it wouldn't surprise me if we see a quarterback or two leave, a rb and also a wr or two. 

What QB do you expect to leave? AA is a RS Freshman. Fay is his home, he's not going anywhere. Rafe just sat out this year and RS so he can compete next year. Storey coming in isn't a proven thing, no matter how good he seems. So I don't understand why you think someone is transferring?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 04, 2014, 10:14:01 am

Another RB?

Or are you referring to Marshall?

WooPig90

wildhogman

Quote from: greenie on December 04, 2014, 10:21:42 am
If a scholarship gets pulled, can an athlete transfer without having to sit a year?  If not, that's total BS.
I think when this happens, it is referred to as the "run off rule" in which case I believe they are eligible.  That's what OU tried to use to get DGB eligible this year. But I could be wrong. That's why I read here lol, more knowlegible people who know rules better

jm

There may be a couple of guys that will have enough credits to graduate and choose to not return for their final season.