Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 01, 2014, 06:56:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

Kevin

Time for recruiting to heat up
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

downsouthhawg72

Do the HC have a certain amount of trips or times he can see or talk to a player ?. Just wondering because CBB be on it. Which is a GREAT thing for us.
DownSouthHawg

cbhawg03

Why not any in-home visits with Jalen Barnett?

Tim Harris

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on December 01, 2014, 10:05:31 am
Do the HC have a certain amount of trips or times he can see or talk to a player ?. Just wondering because CBB be on it. Which is a GREAT thing for us.

If I'm not mistaken the HC can only do 1 in home visit per recruit.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 01, 2014, 10:19:16 am
If I'm not mistaken the HC can only do 1 in home visit per recruit.

Correct.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: cbhawg03 on December 01, 2014, 10:18:14 am

Merrick is an early enrollee Barnett isn't. No reason to waste an in-home right now unless he is planning on announcing soon. I believe they will use it right before signing day.

sowmonella

Think they might talk with Jurkovic while at IMG with Froholdt?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RazorPiggie

Quote from: sowmonella on December 01, 2014, 11:04:19 am
Think they might talk with Jurkovic while at IMG with Froholdt?

Might as well.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: cbhawg03 on December 01, 2014, 10:18:14 am

Didn't reach out to Jalin. Will soon

DEVIL DOG HOG

Who is running football practices when the coaches are out recruiting?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ricepig

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on December 01, 2014, 12:34:37 pm

They aren't practicing.

Amityvillehogger

Probably have some time off.  Been a tough schedule and they've earned it.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Hog_Father

They are prepping for finals.

cbhawg03

I may be wrong, but if I am not mistaken, not all the coaches can be gone at the same time. Or that may be just at a certain period through the recruiting period that not all coaches can be away from campus at the same time.

jb11

Quote from: cbhawg03 on December 01, 2014, 12:51:00 pm
I may be wrong, but if I am not mistaken, not all the coaches can be gone at the same time. Or that may be just at a certain period through the recruiting period that not all coaches can be away from campus at the same time.
"All 10 coaches are allowed on the road at the same time, three more than NCAA rules allowed two years ago." Quote from RD in this article:  http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/30/razorbacks-coaches-hit-recruiting-trail/

Tim Harris

Pittman and Josh Allen today.

online-with-swine

WooPig90

cbhawg03

Quote from: jb11 on December 01, 2014, 01:37:30 pm
"All 10 coaches are allowed on the road at the same time, three more than NCAA rules allowed two years ago." Quote from RD in this article:  http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/30/razorbacks-coaches-hit-recruiting-trail/

Thanks. Wasn't sure if the rule was changed or not.

Been10Hog

They are not having time off. They are getting to enjoy Coach Herbert for awhile!

ldfergu

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 01, 2014, 03:13:31 pm
They are not having time off. They are getting to enjoy Coach Herbert for awhile!

I hope he works the hell outta of our offensive line.  Being the biggest obviously don't mean chit.  Gotta make those boys more athletic!

Mike_e

"Arkansas running back commitment Rawleigh Williams of Dallas Bishop Lynch said running backs coach Joel Thomas will visit the school and his parents at their jobs on Wednesday."

Now There's some swag you don't get every day.  Kudos to the staff!
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Tim Harris

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 01, 2014, 07:18:20 pm
Shannon doing an in home with Sheldrick Redwine

I've noticed Randy always sports a coat and tie for his visits. Pittman is more like me, casual...

TMc

Quote from: online-with-swine on December 01, 2014, 01:53:34 pm
Josh Allen is huge.

Almost looks like a grown man right now.  Glad things worked out for him here.

Hawgzinbowlz

Josh Allen is HUGE ! Coach Pittman's not small.

" GO HOGS "

Bubba's Bruisers

How big is Allen?  Seems like the last site I looked at said 6-3, 285.  He looks bigger than that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 01, 2014, 07:38:04 pm
How big is Allen?  Seems like the last site I looked at said 6-3, 285.  He looks bigger than that.

He probably isn't in Herb shape sitting out a semester.

WaltonCollege

With josh Allen coming in at midterm he will get a winter and a summer sesh with herb and will be in the two deep at guard. I see him splitting time with Kirkland or tretola sooner rather than later. These big boys just aren't fresh in the 4th

RazorBassin

Per RD's Twitter, sounds like the in home visit went well tonight with Jalen Merrick.

tannerstahl

i was told that Coach Segrest was here in Homerville today to visit our 2 D1 athletes...i wasn't able to be there at all today sadly...i've seen just about everyone from kirby smart to bobo to tressel and the one day i'm gone ARKANSAS finally shows up...angers me a little lol but it ain't about me so oh well!

http://247sports.com/Player/Chauncey-Manac-32104  - currently committed to UGA

http://247sports.com/Player/Octavis-Johnson-32105   - currently committed to USCe
i love the hogs....so very very much

Hawg Life

Quote from: tannerstahl on December 01, 2014, 09:35:00 pm
i was told that Coach Segrest was here in Homerville today to visit our 2 D1 athletes...i wasn't able to be there at all today sadly...i've seen just about everyone from kirby smart to bobo to tressel and the one day i'm gone ARKANSAS finally shows up...angers me a little lol but it ain't about me so oh well!

http://247sports.com/Player/Chauncey-Manac-32104  - currently committed to UGA

http://247sports.com/Player/Octavis-Johnson-32105   - currently committed to USCe

Tressel??

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tannerstahl

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 01, 2014, 10:01:51 pm
Tressel??

Mike tressell...jim's nephew, an assistant at Michigan state...he actually said to me that they ran Bielema out of the big 10...I said (in a joking tone) I don't care who you are I'll punch you in the face, to which one of our high school coaches said, he laughs but he's serious..

Nobody talks bad about our HOGS...especially a tressell 

i love the hogs....so very very much

hoggrad10

Quote from: tannerstahl on December 01, 2014, 10:30:37 pm
Mike tressell...jim's nephew, an assistant at Michigan state...he actually said to me that they ran Bielema out of the big 10...I said (in a joking tone) I don't care who you are I'll punch you in the face, to which one of our high school coaches said, he laughs but he's serious..

Nobody talks bad about our HOGS...especially a tressell

How do you run a guy out when he dominated the conference and left for the best division within the best conference?  Sounds like sour grapes talking

redeye

Quote from: hoggrad10 on December 01, 2014, 11:49:48 pm
How do you run a guy out when he dominated the conference and left for the best division within the best conference?  Sounds like sour grapes talking

While that's obviously a great question, I'd still love to hear his answer.  I'm guessing he was joking.