Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruit text to Dudley?

Started by collegestationhog, November 28, 2014, 06:08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

collegestationhog

Anyone know who the recruit is that Dudley was saying texted him about Arkansas fans reaction on twitter? And what was said by fans to have the recruit concerned? 

arkansasrazorback

Recruits need to understand that every fanbase has fans that will go on twitter and bash the team and players after a loss.  Every fanbase! 

jjdlc

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 28, 2014, 06:31:21 pm
Recruits need to understand that every fanbase has fans that will go on twitter and bash the team and players after a loss.  Every fanbase! 

Same stupid crap that gets smeared all over MMQB on here after a loss.

hawg IQ

Soloman to Arkansas, DGB to Arkansas...enough said !
go hogs go !

ricepig

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 28, 2014, 06:31:21 pm

Yep, go read every other team's idiots after a loss, no different.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Some people have fake twitter accounts to but if the kid is scared to get mouthed about he prob don't need to come to Arkansas

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Who was the twit and what was the tweet?
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 28, 2014, 11:42:09 pm
who knows.  The Dudley's of the world say stuff like this every week.  But once again, it is every big time football programs fanbase that does this.  The crazies are always out there.  If a recruit goes to Arkansas, Texas, USC, etc. and lose a game, they will get bad-mouthed by someone.

collegestationhog

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 28, 2014, 11:42:09 pm
Tweet was something about fans need to watch what they say because recruits see it and recruit wondered if fans would turn on him too. 

Speedracer

Arkansas is the only college in the country that has fans tweeting stuff and message boards questioning coaches.
Like smites bother me.

grayhawg

I think most recruits realize some of the twitter accounts and message board posters are not actually Arkansas fans but fans of other schools trying to stir the pot.

The Hogfather

I've always said I do not want any player who lets social media/message boards influence one of the biggest decisions of their life.  And I mean that.

I think Brandon Allen has been treated like complete shiz and for pretty much no reason.  However, if I'm a recruit, I wouldn't let that disuade me from going to Arkansas if that's where I wanted to go to school/play football.

Smokehouse

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 29, 2014, 08:43:22 am
I've always said I do not want any player who lets social media/message boards influence one of the biggest decisions of their life.  And I mean that.

I think Brandon Allen has been treated like complete shiz and for pretty much no reason.  However, if I'm a recruit, I wouldn't let that disuade me from going to Arkansas if that's where I wanted to go to school/play football.

I wouldn't either, and I agree that I want the guys who are going to compete through pointless stuff like social media criticism.

That said, some of the stuff that has happened to BA goes beyond social media. I don't think I'd blame a recruit for giving some extra thought to it, though I still hope they wouldn't let it stop them in the end.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 28, 2014, 11:36:48 pm
Some people have fake twitter accounts to but if the kid is scared to get mouthed about he prob don't need to come to Arkansas

He probably doesn't need to go to any upper-tier team if he's worried about fans going crazy on him.  All teams have their loudmouths and a-hole fans, and the higher level the team, the louder the mouths and the dirtier the a-holes. The net/web makes it awfully easy for those folks to have their say, such as it is.

EFBAB

OLDHOG

I wouldn't worry too much about what Dudley has to say. Just sayin.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on November 29, 2014, 10:39:33 am
He probably doesn't need to go to any upper-tier team if he's worried about fans going crazy on him.  All teams have their loudmouths and a-hole fans, and the higher level the team, the louder the mouths and the dirtier the a-holes. The net/web makes it awfully easy for those folks to have their say, such as it is.

EFBAB
Any excuse for us to keep bashing players on here, huh?

And by players, I mean Brandon.  And by us, I mean you...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bubba's Bruisers

Dudley?  Really?  He's in the same class with Odus.  Who cares.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ShadowTheHedgehog

kaki

Quote from: OLDHOG on November 29, 2014, 12:56:07 pm
don't expect someone whose idea of an intelligent reply is "just sayin" has much of a history of doing much listening.

Arazorbackguy1

Why would anyone play for the team that Phyllis likes??
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

jgphillips3

There's a simple rule of thumb here.  If a recruit decides not to come to Arkansas because of some idiot on social media, then that kid was never coming here anyway and he's using it as an excuse.  These kids are smart enough to know EVERY school has idiot fans and critical fans.  The only schools that don't have those fans are schools that don't care about winning.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 29, 2014, 11:38:08 pm
There's a simple rule of thumb here.  If a recruit decides not to come to Arkansas because of some idiot on social media, then that kid was never coming here anyway and he's using it as an excuse.  These kids are smart enough to know EVERY school has idiot fans and critical fans.  The only schools that don't have those fans are schools that don't care about winning.
Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 29, 2014, 01:35:19 pm
Any excuse for us to keep bashing players on here, huh?

And by players, I mean Brandon.  And by us, I mean you...
All Gas, No Brakes!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: OLDHOG on November 29, 2014, 12:56:07 pm

Does anybody down there still listen to ole Dudley anymore?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

zane

RIP LSUfan

OLDHOG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 30, 2014, 06:49:42 am
Does anybody down there still listen to ole Dudley anymore?
Quote from: kaki on November 29, 2014, 06:27:49 pm
don't expect someone whose idea of an intelligent reply is "just sayin" has much of a history of doing much listening.
Quote from: kaki on November 29, 2014, 06:27:49 pm
Is that u Dudley?

LSPRazorbac

Seems that being worried about tweets could be a red flag for someone who isn't mentally/emotionally tough.

The Boar War

Quote from: grayhawg on November 29, 2014, 08:06:26 am
I think most recruits realize some of the twitter accounts and message board posters are not actually Arkansas fans but fans of other schools trying to stir the pot.

Maybe.  I imagine 99% of the negative tweets after an AR loss are from AR fans.

razorfrog

Im more concerned that recruits are wasting their time texting with a tool like Dudley

Razorbax

Quote from: The Boar War on November 30, 2014, 11:19:01 pm
Maybe.  I imagine 99% of the negative tweets after an AR loss are from AR fans.

And 99% of the negative tweets after an Alabama loss are from Alabama fans.
99% of the negative tweets after an Auburn loss are from Auburn fans
99% of the negative tweets after a Florida loss are from Florida fans
on and on through the SEC and pretty much every team in the big 6 conferences.