Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa Sports radio 1430am (Jalin Barnett info)

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, November 26, 2014, 07:49:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

November 26, 2014, 07:49:33 am Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:22:04 am by Hollywood_HOGan45
Interviewed an insider from Lawton.
Talked about how Union and Jenks dominate, west OK has to get better etc etc....
Anyway, they asked him about Jalin....."So where is Jalin going?"   "Oh unfortunately  I believe he's Sooie Pig."

Went on to say how the Sooner coaches just flat got outrecruited by this Arkansas staff. "The entire coaching staff at Arkansas NEVER missed a birthday. Every single coach sent a birthday card. That has had a big impact with Jalin. The Arkansas coaches dotted their eyes and crossed their Ts. You just can't recruit a kid normally and beat out this Arkansas coaching staff the way they recruited Jalin. They took him on a tour of the campus in a golf cart and had all kinds of people asking 'are you THE Jalin Barnett?'" Claimed he has more upside than any player he has ever seen at Lawton, Oklahoma.

Thought i would share the good news I heard coming in to work this morning on Oklahoma sports talk radio.

GO hogs.

Pulled(PP)pork

I think Grandma will have some say too, without it being said

PP

Speedracer

Landing him and Merrick with Rogers in this class and then Wallace a freshman next year...O-line will be freakishly good in a couple years
Like smites bother me.

FutureMan

"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

The Hogfather

Getting Barnett and Merrick would be absolutely amazing.

greenie

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

NLRHog92

Awesome! I think the only thing that sways him to choose OU is that Norman is closer, which would be of help to him grandparents to watch games, and that's the home state he's watched for awhile and seen them have success. But as the OP mentioned, I think this staff has show how much he is wanted and needed here, grandma appreciates it and is all for it, Pittman is the best in the nation, and the SEC Network would make it to where they could watch easier if couldn't make it to all the games. Fingers crossed he jumps on board!

The real Hogules

I believe that J.B. will sign with our Razorbacks and this just re-enforces that feeling!
Thanks for sharing.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HoggusMaximus

coastalrazorback

Bubba's Bruisers

I think Jalin's grandma needs to the team's surrogate grandma too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RedyorNot

Hawgey-Davidson

Uncommon

Huckleberry Pig

Thanks for sharing!  This staff continues to impress on the recruiting trail!  Gotta love it

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Salty Hog

Fear The Hog!!!!

HogFoo

this would be an awesome gift before Christmas.  From every interview ive heard of Barnett he sounds exactly like the uncommon recruit that Coach B always tries to get.
Everything ive heard about this staff is spot on. Great recruiters. Great coaches. They make all the recruits feel like they are the real deal. very genuine.  The recruits can tell too.  That's why we are in on more top notch recruits than we've EVER came close to being in on!   And this is just the start guys.  It gets much better from here on out!

WPS!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

redeye

Yea, that is AWESOME!  I've had a good feeling about Barnett all along, so what I like most about that is the insight on the tenacity our coaches have on the recruiting trail.  I also love that we're starting to make a dent in Oklahoma, which I hope extends to NE Texas.

For all the talk on whether we should concentrate on Florida or Texas, the biggest thing Arkansas could do would be to out-recruit Oklahoma in NE Texas.  Do that and we may sign our first top-10 class.  I know I'll receive many responses on how that'll never happen, but that's just pessimism.

backout60

Was just at the OU game this past weekend. His 4th or 5th OU game of the year.

Scott7703

Quote from: backout60 on November 26, 2014, 12:52:18 pm

Yet no commitment? WPS he will be a hog.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Was also at the baylor game to hear fans boo their own team.

forrest city joe

Good report Hollywood. gives me some hope  about getting Barnett. still won't get my hopes up, but maybe we do have a real chance. thanks for that report Hollywood.

WooPig90

Hopefully he was at some of the bad games they played at home this year

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 26, 2014, 02:09:47 pm
Good report Hollywood. gives me some hope  about getting Barnett. still won't get my hopes up, but maybe we do have a real chance. thanks for that report Hollywood.

Anytime! First time I have heard a sooner insider say that Jalin would most likely go to Arkansas.

Woo pig

GEO-HOG

@okgridiron: Lawton head coach Randy Breeze believes All American OL Jalin Barnett is leaning to Arkansas. #WPS #Sooners #OKPreps

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: GEO-HOG on November 26, 2014, 03:00:42 pm
@okgridiron: Lawton head coach Randy Breeze believes All American OL Jalin Barnett is leaning to Arkansas. #WPS #Sooners #OKPreps

Saw that too. Found it interesting. Not often you see a HS coach comment so honestly about a player

ImHogginIt

Remember RD said awhile back three different sources felt good about Arkansas' chances for Barnett. Some laughed at him.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 26, 2014, 03:07:57 pm
Remember RD said awhile back three different sources felt good about Arkansas' chances for Barnett. Some laughed at him.

One of those sources was probably the head coach.

Would love to land him.

forrest city joe

Man i so hope this is not another DGB ending. i would love for this kid to be a Hog.

TMc

We need to bring this OL recruiting class home.  Critical for the future trench work to be done. Believe it or not - we're still a little thin there. (right now)

redeye

That's awesome.  It does seem really odd to hear that from a head coach, though.

Isn't Barnett a mid-term graduate?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

mmweber01

Hey Super

If Jalin Barnett could hold his own against every defensive recruit in the nation he'd be ranked #1. Logic would dictate that there are prospects out there better than him. This video does not mean he is a bad or overrated football player, IMHO.

Best of luck to him wherever he goes.  :razorback:
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

The_Iceman

Paul

prolly see a lot ofTuttle in Ktown next year

The_Iceman

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Royal Fortune on December 30, 2014, 01:58:03 pm
If Jalin Barnett could hold his own against every defensive recruit in the nation he'd be ranked #1. Logic would dictate that there are prospects out there better than him. This video does not mean he is a bad or overrated football player, IMHO.

I thought he was ranked the #1 guard in the country? 

havok

Saw Barnett play on TV in the Texas HS championship.. He was playing RT & I immediately saw why he projected to play Guard in College.  Was a tad slow footed laterally and his QB had a defender coming off the edge (his side) to disrupt many many plays in the backfield, sometimes with only a Brushing block attempt.

Didn't see hardly any straight ahead blocking that was impressive, and saw Zero High Energy "Wow" blocking plays.  But who knows.. he may have been dinged up having played all season on both sides of the ball...so I figure the coaches see something that impressed them to have him listed so High.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: havok on December 30, 2014, 03:35:52 pm
Saw Barnett play on TV in the Texas HS championship.. He was playing RT & I immediately saw why he projected to play Guard in College.  Was a tad slow footed laterally and his QB had a defender coming off the edge (his side) to disrupt many many plays in the backfield, sometimes with only a Brushing block attempt.

Didn't see hardly any straight ahead blocking that was impressive, and saw Zero High Energy "Wow" blocking plays.  But who knows.. he may have been dinged up having played all season on both sides of the ball...so I figure the coaches see something that impressed them to have him listed so High.
Texas HS Football game???? Thought he was from Oklahoma

Muleriderhog

Quote from: havok on December 30, 2014, 03:35:52 pm

You didn't see him in any Texas High School game he is from Lawton, Oklahoma. Don't make things up.

redeye

Barnett played in some game on television a while back, so he's probably thinking about that.

Huds_HawgTide

I saw him play in a game some Nevada team vs a Cali team...dude must be everywhere
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Royal Fortune on December 30, 2014, 01:58:03 pm

Best of luck to him wherever he goes.  :razorback:

Watching practice sessions on ESPNU and he has narrowed his choices to Oklahoma St. and Nebraska.

mhuff

Quote from: Muleriderhog on December 30, 2014, 04:06:00 pm
You didn't see him in any Texas High School game he is from Lawton, Oklahoma. Don't make things up.

Probably made mistake. I made one once.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!