Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As Forrest City Joe eluded too earlier

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 23, 2014, 10:55:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

The Recruiting floodgates in S. Florida may be about to open.  A loss to Pittsburgh next week gives Blake James all the ammo needed to dismiss the Al Golden experiment & most importantly Tim "Ice" Harris will be unemployed.

Here's a article on the frustration: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/11/postscripts-thoughts-golden-reaction-distressing-big-picture-numbers-from-ums-30-13-loss-to-virginia.html
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

JackJohnson

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 23, 2014, 10:55:51 am
The Recruiting floodgates in S. Florida may be about to open.  A loss to Pittsburgh next week gives Blake James all the ammo needed to dismiss the Al Golden experiment & most importantly Tim "Ice" Harris will be unemployed.

Here's a article on the frustration: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/11/postscripts-thoughts-golden-reaction-distressing-big-picture-numbers-from-ums-30-13-loss-to-virginia.html

Why in the world would we want Golden fired?  The last thing we should want is for miami to have a new coaching staff that focuses more on miami then New Jersey.  He leaves it is going to be harder to recruit down there, not easier

Tick Hog

Quote from: JackJohnson on November 23, 2014, 12:30:33 pm
Why in the world would we want Golden fired?  The last thing we should want is for miami to have a new coaching staff that focuses more on miami then New Jersey.  He leaves it is going to be harder to recruit down there, not easier
Absolutely

forrest city joe

Yep. that has been my thinking.they may be forced to keep Golden because of his contract. but i don't know.but if he does get fired,we may have a chance at a few of those commits.

TMc

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2014, 01:01:56 pm
Yep. that has been my thinking.they may be forced to keep Golden because of his contract. but i don't know.but if he does get fired,we may have a chance at a few of those commits.

Hope they have to keep him Joe.  Let's hope Florida botches another hire, just for good measure.

forrest city joe

Quote from: TMc on November 23, 2014, 01:58:51 pm
Hope they have to keep him Joe.  Let's hope Florida botches another hire, just for good measure.
That would be nice.

Hoggish1

Golden will be given one more year.  The team is loaded coming back.

If he doesn't get it done in 2015, he will be out. 

The problems at Miami could be fixed with an on campus stadium of 50-60K, similar to the kind built recently at TCU, Baylor or Stanford.  They can not afford to keep going up the freeway 20 congested miles from their stadium, with limited practice time at the site and no identity for their traveling fans—all their games are more or less, away games. An on campus home stadium is key to their success going forward...

downsouthhawg72

That also could hurt us. If Golden is fired & they get a big name coach we could very well lose some recruits down there, same for the next florida hire.
DownSouthHawg

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: TMc on November 23, 2014, 01:58:51 pm

They should hire a winner and a fighter ..... someone who can hold on to that rope and loves the gator helmets. 

Big Daddy

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 23, 2014, 04:07:01 pm
They should hire a winner and a fighter ..... someone who can hold on to that rope and loves the gator helmets. 

Ditto!!

TMc

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 23, 2014, 04:07:01 pm

He would be "special" down there.  He's what they need to breathe life into the program again.

root_hawg

Bubba's Bruisers

Speaking of Golden, really hope we find some way to get matched up with Miami in a bowl game this year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redeye

I feel the same way with Golden that I do with Muschamp.  I wish they'd keep them forever.

VBMark

John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 23, 2014, 02:05:16 pm
their games are more or less, away games. An on campus home stadium is key to their success going forward...
for us, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TMc on November 23, 2014, 04:15:39 pm
He would be "special" down there.  He's what they need to breathe life into the program again.
we should all email Foley with slick sounding avatars like the Termigator and let him know our feeling about the FIFTY-year demons he conquered and back-to-back New Years day bowls TWICE, with two different mid level teams. In the sec West!  He invented the wildcat, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The Pulse

The Recruiting floodgates in S. Florida may be about to open.

Now with Korliss Marshall being excused from the team we could be trying really hard to flip some RB commits. Namely a guy like Miami commit Dexter Williams.

Oklahawg

Miami and Florida are going to get a decent number of commits. There will always be recruits down there that are overlooked or want out of Florida.

What we want is for uncertainty to allow us a foot-in-the-door. I think that is what Bionic Pig is suggesting.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Inhogswetrust

The problems at Miami could be fixed with an on campus stadium of 50-60K, similar to the kind built recently at TCU, Baylor or Stanford.  They can not afford to keep going up the freeway 20 congested miles from their stadium, with limited practice time at the site and no identity for their traveling fans—all their games are more or less, away games. An on campus home stadium is key to their success going forward...

Why should that matter? There are several teams in large cities that have to travel to their "home stadium" off campus to play.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Bionic_Pig

Tim "Ice" Harris has the attention of the Miami H.S. talent that was my point of the post.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Choctaw Hog

holeinthewall

City of Coral Gables won't let them build a stadium. There best option would be to buy up land across A1A and build a 50k stadium over there.  As far loaded coming back not so much. Duke, Dorsett and Perryman are all gone. Miami 15 class is not spectacular with the exception of the RB commits. Their 16 class is already loaded.  And 16 is a much better year for So Florida talent if they want to make their move this is the year to fire Golden. Don't be mistaken while Miami atheltic budget is only around 60 million they have some very deep pocket donors to the football program.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Erick Falero ‏@ErickFalero 3m3 minutes ago
Sources tell me, fights are happening in the UM locker room.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

redeye

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 29, 2014, 10:01:30 pm
Okay....now we wait.

I'm not sure that I'm following you.  Are you hoping or suggesting we hire Ice Harris?

jry04

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on November 23, 2014, 02:24:53 pm
That also could hurt us. If Golden is fired & they get a big name coach we could very well lose some recruits down there, same for the next florida hire.
Doubt they hire a big time coach. Miami can be a good job due to the recruiting, but the lack of fan support, and the terrible stadium location has kept big name coaches from wanting to go there.

They have had numerous Saturday afternoon/night games this season against ACC opponents that have had 55k or less fans in their 76k seat stadium. Their home game earlier this year against Cincy (not ACC, but still quality), in which they won by 20, had only 46k fans there. Their game against top 25 Duke had 44k fans there. That is absolutely terrible fan support.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: redeye on November 29, 2014, 10:58:32 pm
I'm not sure that I'm following you.  Are you hoping or suggesting we hire Ice Harris?

Ice Harris is a South Florida Recruiting "Thorn" in our sides due to his connections.   Just want him unemployed!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wildhog

Quote from: JackJohnson on November 23, 2014, 12:30:33 pm

This is the correct response.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2014, 04:31:49 am
Why should that matter? There are several teams in large cities that have to travel to their "home stadium" off campus to play.

Oh yeah?  Which ones...

Hoggish1

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 24, 2014, 07:53:16 am
City of Coral Gables won't let them build a stadium. There best option would be to buy up land across A1A and build a 50k stadium over there.  As far loaded coming back not so much. Duke, Dorsett and Perryman are all gone. Miami 15 class is not spectacular with the exception of the RB commits. Their 16 class is already loaded.  And 16 is a much better year for So Florida talent if they want to make their move this is the year to fire Golden. Don't be mistaken while Miami atheltic budget is only around 60 million they have some very deep pocket donors to the football program.

So, what did you say here?  Very contradictory. 

I am not aware of limitations in Coral Gables from City Gov't.  The campus has very large stretches of land.  Build it on campus.  Coral Gables has nothing to say about that, right?

I could care less if they go forward with a life saving plan or not.  The program can drop into the Atlantic as far as I'm concerned.  But after having the old Orange Bowl for local residents to go to, they now don't have a venue.  Everybody going to their games travels.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 30, 2014, 06:05:24 pm
So, what did you say here?  Very contradictory. 

I am not aware of limitations in Coral Gables from City Gov't.  The campus has very large stretches of land.  Build it on campus.  Coral Gables has nothing to say about that, right?

I could care less if they go forward with a life saving plan or not.  The program can drop into the Atlantic as far as I'm concerned.  But after having the old Orange Bowl for local residents to go to, they now don't have a venue.  Everybody going to their games travels.

What is contradicting?  They have to get approval for any construction on campus through the city. A stadium is not allowed. Once you cross A1A and within a couple miles be out of Coral Gables and in rundown areas where land could be had much cheaper.

While the ADn says they won't fire Golden this year I would think his agent is trying to find an escape plan to another city. The local media is ripping him this morning. The herald had a very damning article not only agaisnt him but the AD and the President who is finally retiring.

The_Bionic_Pig

According to the Associated Press, Miami athletic director Blake James says:

"Al Golden is our coach and will continue to be our coach."
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

holeinthewall

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 02, 2014, 03:44:21 pm

Shalala is stepping down at the end of hte Spring and wants the next President to make the hire. Throw in the the idiot AD now at Nebraska that gave Golden an extension through 2019 and around 10 million on the buyout and he is safe until next fall despite the BOT wanting him out.  If he was smart he would find another job.

They might get lucky and find a school dumb enough to hire him much like what happened when Missouri hired Haith and saved Miami the buyout to fire him.

I don't think anyone would argue Miami has a damn good basketball coach now and Missouri is well going down the crapper.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 02, 2014, 03:44:21 pm

Good.  Hope it's true.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977