Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DJ Brown has hit the 5000 Yard mark! 50 TDs are next!

Started by Berryb1906, November 23, 2014, 04:03:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Berryb1906

DJ Brown has accomplished what very few people can say they have done in their Varsity Career.

He has now hit the 5000 yard mark and will hit the 50 TD mark in his next game should he continue on his current pace.

DJ now has 5113 yards and 49 TDs for his 3 year Varsity Career. 7A Rules would not allow him to play Varsity as a Freshman. If you include that he has well over 6000 yards!

This year he now has 1866 yards and 28 TDs.

Highlights are here and they are a treat! Make sure you check out both from North Little Rock and his Catholic Days.

Thanks to everyone for their support of DJ! He has made A LOT of noise this year and it has brought him some HUGE options lately. Stay tuned!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1300228/highlights/148917375

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1300228/highlights/143523382

MissippHog

Hawg_Thai'd

Very happy for you and your family. Impressive stats at a high level. I sincerely hope that DJ gets every opportunity to reach his dreams, whatever they may be.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

98hogs

I want him to be a Hog but wish him well wherever he goes

NLRHog92

I've been rooting for DJ to get an offer all year, and now that Korliss is likely gone, I wonder if anything will develop further here? Also wonder if DJ would choose the Hogs over NIU given the chance. I really like his game, as he is just that, a flatout GAMER! Would love to see him as a Hog!

RAZORHOGG15

I think we are going to look back and regret not getting this kid.  His vision is something special and I feel like we get good production from our in state backs. 
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

SemperFi

Watching his highlights is like watching a video game. WOW! Does he have a Razorback offer or any interest at all from the Hogs? Would love to see him returning KO's and Punts for the Hogs. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Peter Porker

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on November 23, 2014, 08:53:26 pm
I think we are going to look back and regret not getting this kid.  His vision is something special and I feel like we get good production from our in state backs.

Who on our commitment list are you willing to drop for him?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Peter Porker on November 23, 2014, 09:55:00 pm
Who on our commitment list are you willing to drop for him?

Who says we would have to drop someone for him? We still have spots open... I think he is a great player. Extremely fluid and versatile, makes cuts like no one's business and is perfect height. I love 5'9/5'10 backs that have burst of speed and are hard to find! He's at close to 180 right now, get him up to 190-195 with bodies by Herb and he'll be able to take SEC hits, if they're able to catch him haha! NIU is a solid program, but with the misses we've had on a couple of backs and a few similar backs to him we're still on, I wish they'd give him another look. Maybe they just feel Texas competition is better and that Carr and West are a better fit, idk. But he's a great kid that I think would be effective for this Arkansas team.

yraciv

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 23, 2014, 05:52:47 pm
I've been rooting for DJ to get an offer all year, and now that Korliss is likely gone, I wonder if anything will develop further here? Also wonder if DJ would choose the Hogs over NIU given the chance. I really like his game, as he is just that, a flatout GAMER! Would love to see him as a Hog!

His dad is on a Razorback message board, he is from Little Rock, and we just kicked NIU's ass. Kind of a no brainer that he would be here in a heartbeat if we offered.

yraciv

Berry can you divulge any of this uptick in interest?  Obviously I've seen the tape and am impressed, and no one can use the excuse it's crappy competition because he has been torching 7A for years.

Maybe it's size or running in between the tackles, but it baffles me that his best offer at this point is NIU. And don't get me wrong, I live in Illinois, and respect their program and know they'll put him in a position to succeed.  Aside from football though, it just shocks me to see a Little Rock boy moving to Dekalb.

Dropkick

Berryb1906

First of all, thanks for all of the love for DJ. He is making a bunch of noise this year and we are proud of him obviously. His interest from Arkansas and several others have resurfaced and we are evaluating them as we go. Several schools have discussed how DJ would fit in their program. I will not name them out of respect for my son's process. As someone stated in a post, there is no secret we follow the Hogs and DJ has been participating in camps and combines with the Hogs since the 7th grade. As a parent and a fan of the Hogs I would love nothing more than to see DJ in a Hog uniform (other than Mizzou since we are originally from St Louis!!!!)

God has been good to him and he is a good kid who works his tail off to prove to everyone he is the best in this state. His size has caused people to overlook him but numbers do not lie and he has consistently been doing this since he picked up a football.

He committed to Northern Illinois because it is the best fit for him. He wants to play early and often and NIU's RB situation will allow him to do that. What impresses me about DJ the most is that he doesn't get caught up on what conference he plays in as long as it is an FBS school and they are headed in the right direction. He has stayed firm to that commitment and we encourage him to honor that commitment.

If something else comes along and it is a better fit than NIU he will have a tough choice to make. We have advisers around him to help him with that decision and when it comes time to make a decision about the rest of his life he will be able to make a wise desicion. If you all want him on the hill make it happen!

Quote from: yraciv on November 23, 2014, 10:36:33 pm
Berry can you divulge any of this uptick in interest?  Obviously I've seen the tape and am impressed, and no one can use the excuse it's crappy competition because he has been torching 7A for years.

Maybe it's size or running in between the tackles, but it baffles me that his best offer at this point is NIU. And don't get me wrong, I live in Illinois, and respect their program and know they'll put him in a position to succeed.  Aside from football though, it just shocks me to see a Little Rock boy moving to Dekalb.

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: Berryb1906 on November 24, 2014, 12:59:43 am
First of all, thanks for all of the love for DJ. He is making a bunch of noise this year and we are proud of him obviously. His interest from Arkansas and several others have resurfaced and we are evaluating them as we go. Several schools have discussed how DJ would fit in their program. I will not name them out of respect for my son's process. As someone stated in a post, there is no secret we follow the Hogs and DJ has been participating in camps and combines with the Hogs since the 7th grade. As a parent and a fan of the Hogs I would love nothing more than to see DJ in a Hog uniform (other than Mizzou since we are originally from St Louis!!!!)

God has been good to him and he is a good kid who works his tail off to prove to everyone he is the best in this state. His size has caused people to overlook him but numbers do not lie and he has consistently been doing this since he picked up a football.

He committed to Northern Illinois because it is the best fit for him. He wants to play early and often and NIU's RB situation will allow him to do that. What impresses me about DJ the most is that he doesn't get caught up on what conference he plays in as long as it is an FBS school and they are headed in the right direction. He has stayed firm to that commitment and we encourage him to honor that commitment.

If something else comes along and it is a better fit than NIU he will have a tough choice to make. We have advisers around him to help him with that decision and when it comes time to make a decision about the rest of his life he will be able to make a wise desicion. If you all want him on the hill make it happen!
Great post dad!  I can appreciate and respect everything you said ( excluding the mizzou comment) but that can be forgiven.  I hope you know that everyone on this board wish nothing but the best for you and DJ.  If NIU is the best place for him then good luck, but I have a feeling he will be successful no matter where he ends up
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Berryb1906 on November 23, 2014, 04:03:41 am
DJ Brown has accomplished what very few people can say they have done in their Varsity Career.

He has now hit the 5000 yard mark and will hit the 50 TD mark in his next game should he continue on his current pace.

DJ now has 5113 yards and 49 TDs for his 3 year Varsity Career. 7A Rules would not allow him to play Varsity as a Freshman. If you include that he has well over 6000 yards!

This year he now has 1866 yards and 28 TDs.

Highlights are here and they are a treat! Make sure you check out both from North Little Rock and his Catholic Days.

Thanks to everyone for their support of DJ! He has made A LOT of noise this year and it has brought him some HUGE options lately. Stay tuned!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1300228/highlights/148917375

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1300228/highlights/143523382
please let him walk on !!!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

yraciv

Oklahawg

Congrats to son and a proud Dad.

I wish DJ nothing but the best.

He got a nice shout-out by RD in the ADG this morning.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PorkSoda

He's bigger than Michael Smith, and Smith was tough as nails.  Smith was also leading McFadden and Jones in fall camp before pulling a hamstring.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JIHawg

logand02

I have heard this before....

Undersized

Under recruited

Under developed

I know NLR has arguably the best program for developing high school football players but still is under developed.

I trust whole heartily in CBB but
This young man has done nothing but prove he should wear a Razorback uniform. I am hoping he is our dark horse this year for an offer. I would almost rather miss on a bigger named recruit and get Mr. Brown. I love to see home grown Hogs. Good luck

ricepig

This staff knows what they are doing, let it all play out.

Virgil

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2014, 11:14:00 am
This staff knows what they are doing, let it all play out.

This!  Nothing to argue with.  I root for the home town kid always but I also know the coaches know exactly what they are looking for.  Still plenty of time and he may get that offer to call the hogs. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

PorkSoda

NIU is a quality program that runs the football.  I could see him being very successful there. 
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

crabeyes

Quote from: logand02 on November 25, 2014, 10:15:23 am
I have heard this before....

Undersized

Under recruited

Under developed

I know NLR has arguably the best program for developing high school football players but still is under developed.

I trust whole heartily in CBB but
This young man has done nothing but prove he should wear a Razorback uniform. I am hoping he is our dark horse this year for an offer. I would almost rather miss on a bigger named recruit and get Mr. Brown. I love to see home grown Hogs. Good luck

I bet they said the same thing about these 2 guys

http://247sports.com/Player/Darren-Sproles-70915?Institution=11656

http://247sports.com/Player/Trindon-Holliday-41778?Institution=12003

PorkSoda

no doubt, I know BB likes big backs, but using smaller quicker guys as a change of pace can be effective, especially late in the second half when the defenses are a step slower.

Peter Porker

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 25, 2014, 01:37:26 pm
no doubt, I know BB likes big backs, but using smaller quicker guys as a change of pace can be effective, especially late in the second half when the defenses are a step slower.

I've never seen him say he preferred bigger backs.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PorkSoda

NLRHog92

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 25, 2014, 03:49:23 pm
who is the last scat back he used?

James White and Montee Ball are both 5'10. DJ is just shy of that at 5'9. Yes, the two former are 205 and 210 pounds while DJ is at 180, but he's just in high school, whereas the Wisky backs are NFLers. He can transform with Coach Herb. I know backs can take punishment in the SEC, but if he can bulk up, I love smaller backs because of their lower center of gravity, their shiftiness and their difficulty to find, especially with our mammoth O Line.

PorkSoda

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 25, 2014, 05:50:05 pm
James White and Montee Ball are both 5'10. DJ is just shy of that at 5'9. Yes, the two former are 205 and 210 pounds while DJ is at 180, but he's just in high school, whereas the Wisky backs are NFLers. He can transform with Coach Herb. I know backs can take punishment in the SEC, but if he can bulk up, I love smaller backs because of their lower center of gravity, their shiftiness and their difficulty to find, especially with our mammoth O Line.
all over 200 pounds  where as guys like michael smith and trenden holliday aren't a buck eighty soaking wet.

but yes, I agree, I like having a smaller shiftier back in the mix.