Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WOW! what do the last 2 weeks do for Razorback recruiting this year and next?

Started by forrest city joe, November 22, 2014, 06:58:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I think the last 2 weeks are program changers. this could be the big turning point we all have wanted the last few years. going to be fun to see how recruits react to the last 2 big wins. i love it! GO HOGS.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 22, 2014, 06:58:02 pm
I think the last 2 weeks are program changers. this could be the big turning point we all have wanted the last few years. going to be fun to see how recruits react to the last 2 big wins. i love it! GO HOGS.

Can't do anything but help close on some highly ranked kids that we want. "Come be a part of the future success".
Go Hogs Go!

greenie

No doubt CBB was selling the last two weeks to recruits for the last hour or so.  He'll make sure he gets a ton of mileage from his team's apparent upswing.  This is a very impressive head coach...and staff.  I wouldn't be surprised if Merrick commits within the next 24.  And Kahlil Haughton had a nice tweet.

https://twitter.com/Kahlilhaughton/status/536313347634135040

forrest city joe

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 22, 2014, 06:59:40 pm
Can't do anything but help close on some highly ranked kids that we want. "Come be a part of the future success".
Right on the money. our coaches are not only selling hope. but they can now sell results. i have a feeling we are going to finish strong in recruiting this year.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: greenie on November 22, 2014, 07:11:06 pm
No doubt CBB was selling the last two weeks to recruits for the last hour or so.  He'll make sure he gets a ton of mileage from his team's apparent upswing.  This is a very impressive head coach...and staff.  I wouldn't be surprised if Merrick commits within the next 24.  And Kahlil Haughton had a nice tweet.

https://twitter.com/Kahlilhaughton/status/536313347634135040

yeah, that was an awesome tweet . . . . that could be Kahlil taking one 100 yards to the house!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

hogmolar

1 other thing to point out to recruits is, how great is the atmosphere from the fans. We had not won an SEC game in 2 years and you would have thought we were #1 in the nation by the way DWR was rocking the last 2 weeks in terrible weather.

Hawgzinbowlz

SPAL

I wish you guys would paste the tweet so those of us without twitter can see what is said.

hawgwash

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 22, 2014, 10:22:11 pm
I wish you guys would paste the tweet so those of us without twitter can see what is said.
Even without a twitter account you can click on it and view it.

PigTimePlayer

the tweet from Khalil Haughton was . . . .

"Wow... Arkansas is doing something special #WPS"
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

redeye

Haughton would be a huge get, imo.  He's being recruited by teams known for having great DB's.

Smith and Jennings are adding Arkansas to that list and that has to help with DB recruits.

hollywood hog

Throw on a win in Columbia and hopefully a bowl win against Louisville and we will be looking really good. For me this would be just as good as a cotton bowl season after being 4-5 with 3 ranked teams left on the schedule.  What we have done the last 2 games should certainly cement our current commits and sway some of those that are on the fence.  Win out and beat Bobby's ass and we will have a lot of new interest from top recruits who had no interest at all previously.  Throw in our personable staff and this class could turn into a top 10.  Convince one 5 star guy and a few more 4s and we'd be right up considering what we already have on board.  Damn these wins have reenergized me and it feels good!!!!  GO HOGS!!! 

kodiakisland

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 23, 2014, 02:08:35 am
Throw on a win in Columbia and hopefully a bowl win against Louisville and we will be looking really good. For me this would be just as good as a cotton bowl season after being 4-5 with 3 ranked teams left on the schedule.  What we have done the last 2 games should certainly cement our current commits and sway some of those that are on the fence.  Win out and beat Bobby's ass and we will have a lot of new interest from top recruits who had no interest at all previously.  Throw in our personable staff and this class could turn into a top 10.  Convince one 5 star guy and a few more 4s and we'd be right up considering what we already have on board.  Damn these wins have reenergized me and it feels good!!!!  GO HOGS!!! 

How does beating Louisville help us in recruiting?  Closing in on some KY kids, are we?  Think those TX, LA and FL kids give a crap about BP?  He's been gone three years now.  AR fans need to let it go.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hawgwash

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 23, 2014, 04:49:23 am
How does beating Louisville help us in recruiting?  Closing in on some KY kids, are we?  Think those TX, LA and FL kids give a crap about BP?  He's been gone three years now.  AR fans need to let it go.
I agree with you.  I'd love to see us play Texas for a variety of reasons, recruiting being one of them.

Pork Twain

Win out and give me a Big-12 school.  Louisville does nothing for us.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

KeithStone

Vantage 8 dude

Frankly at this point I could really care less who we might play in a bowl. While playing and beating the despised shorthorns would definitely be great, the fact that our kids get the extra practices AND the reward(s) of the bowl is enough in itself. This team's progress since the beginning of the season is nothing short of amazing!! Just thinking of how close we were against TAM and 'Bama, both of which we should have won, and I'm even more excited about these kids very well should accomplish in the future.  :razorback:

forrest city joe

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 23, 2014, 08:38:21 am
Frankly at this point I could really care less who we might play in a bowl. While playing and beating the despised shorthorns would definitely be great, the fact that our kids get the extra practices AND the reward(s) of the bowl is enough in itself. This team's progress since the beginning of the season is nothing short of amazing!! Just thinking of how close we were against TAM and 'Bama, both of which we should have won, and I'm even more excited about these kids very well should accomplish in the future.  :razorback:
+1000. i 100% agree with you.

TeedupHigh

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 22, 2014, 06:58:02 pm

Yes it is good to be a HOG Fan right now, Damn I am so proud of CBB and what he has done in such a short time.  Since it was the brilliant move made by JEFF LONG to get him here a lot credit should go to him to don't you think?

scorekeeper

I would just like to see the Hogs destroy any team we face in a bowl.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TeedupHigh on November 23, 2014, 09:49:22 am
Yes it is good to be a HOG Fan right now, Damn I am so proud of CBB and what he has done in such a short time.  Since it was the brilliant move made by JEFF LONG to get him here a lot credit should go to him to don't you think?

Not the place for this discussion, no matter which side of the isle you're on.
This is my non-signature signature.

Tusks

OU OU OU OU OU OU

time to beat OU and start taking the texass players away from OU they've been getting.

dry up the OU pipeline.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

redeye

ESPN's SEC Blog has these recruiting segments where they now show tweets and pictures from recruits.  They've had this segment for years and have NEVER mentioned Arkansas for some reason, but they've showed a couple of tweets from recruits on their visit to Arkansas recently.  The latest installment has the tweet from Jalen Merrick with Bielema wearing a fro.  I don't know if this is a big deal, but it's nice to see them finally recognize some of our recruits.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on November 23, 2014, 10:45:34 am
OU OU OU OU OU OU

time to beat OU and start taking the texass players away from OU they've been getting.

dry up the OU pipeline.
oh hell yeah. Long overdue a game with those chumps.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hollywood hog

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 23, 2014, 04:49:23 am

BP was my hero.  I've been very anti Bielema up til this year when we started showing massive improvement and now finally figured out how to finish in the last couple games.  I just need to see Bobby lose to the Hogs for some reason.  Knocking Mizzou out of the title game and beating Bobby would be a very sweet ending to the season.  And Louisville are decent players down in Florida recruiting and they have snagged a few out of there this year that we wanted.  A win couldn't hurt for us.   

tophawg19

hoping we get Miami in a bowl . we owe them a butt kicking in front of those Miami recruits . don't care where the game is played
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

kodiakisland

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 23, 2014, 07:27:50 pm
BP was my hero.  I've been very anti Bielema up til this year when we started showing massive improvement and now finally figured out how to finish in the last couple games.  I just need to see Bobby lose to the Hogs for some reason.  Knocking Mizzou out of the title game and beating Bobby would be a very sweet ending to the season.  And Louisville are decent players down in Florida recruiting and they have snagged a few out of there this year that we wanted.  A win couldn't hurt for us.   

Maybe you should look at BPs list of commits.  I'm not too worked up over trying to poach some of his 2 and 3 star players.  I'm more concerned with the 4-5 star players in TX, LA, FL that pay more attention to the SEC than the ACC.  Playing and beating a school that is relavent to them is what concerns me.  Not what some AR fans can't let go.  BP is gone.  Bielema had nothing to do with his departure.  Playing BP is like playing ASU.  It offers nothing if you win but can be damaging to the fan base if you lose.  Either way it's got nothing to do with landing 4-5 star recruits.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hawgzinbowlz

Playing Notre Dame (7-4) would give us great national exposure and we would have a great opportunity to get a win. Arkansas, on the rise, and Notre Dame, a flat lining program. ND couldn't stand up to our physicality.

" GO HOGS "

redeye

Petrino would have the same problem beating Arkansas that he did with Alabama when he was here.  I don't mean that he couldn't do it, but Louisville's defense would tire as the game went along, giving Arkansas an advantage late.

Louisville finished 12-1 last year with Strong and I'm sure Petrino's benefiting from the good players Strong recruited to Louisville.  It'll be interesting to see how they're doing in a few years with Petrino's players, if he's still around.  While I can't deny that it would be fun to beat Petrino, I'd rather just put all those emotions behind and move forward.  I'm sure the networks and bowls would love an Arkansas/Louisville match-up, but I'm also not sure if Arkansas would agree to the game (the SEC office may be strongly against it, as well.)

redeye

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on November 23, 2014, 11:39:25 pm
Playing Notre Dame (7-4) would give us great national exposure and we would have a great opportunity to get a win. Arkansas, on the rise, and Notre Dame, a flat lining program. ND couldn't stand up to our physicality.

" GO HOGS "

I've always figured that Notre Dame thinks they're above playing Arkansas, which is why we've never played.  They've played Ole Miss, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Tennessee multiple times, so why else have we never played them?  It would be a great game, but I'd be surprised if they agreed to it.

forrest city joe

These 2 wins were program changing. i have a feeling that our coaches are going to finish strong in recruiting.

WBC Hog

I'd love to play USC! I think that's probably the team to beat for Gustin. Plus, we owe them a beat down!

mhuff

Quote from: redeye on November 24, 2014, 12:44:19 am
I've always figured that Notre Dame thinks they're above playing Arkansas, which is why we've never played.  They've played Ole Miss, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Tennessee multiple times, so why else have we never played them?  It would be a great game, but I'd be surprised if they agreed to it.

If they think we are that easy.... Tell em to come get some of this.

Chief Mac

a game against Louisville will be more about BP than the players on this Arkansas team.  While I would love to curb stomp any team he coaches, I hope we don't face him so the game can be for and about the players that have endured alot
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 25, 2014, 12:43:50 pm
a game against Louisville will be more about BP than the players on this Arkansas team.  While I would love to curb stomp any team he coaches, I hope we don't face him so the game can be for and about the players that have endured alot

I agree with this 100% . . . last thing I want is to hear about BP for weeks leading up to a bowl game. This needs to be about our current players and coaches, they deserve it. Playing Louisville would just give the media all kinds of fodder to create distracting story lines.

LJHOG

hollywood hog

Quote from: LJHOG on November 25, 2014, 04:38:36 pm
"what do the last 2 weeks do for Razorback recruiting "

can't hurt

They're absolutely huge.  Removes doubt that recruits already had on their own that we can't get a W and takes away the negative recruiting that would have taken place by other schools.