Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB recruiting? What positions will we recruit in the spring ?

Started by nwahogfan1, November 22, 2014, 11:13:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Will we sign 1 or 2?  Will we sign the best 1 or 2 players regardless of position or will we go after only best we can sign at select positions?

Reading recruiting articles I guess we go after a 4/5 type player and best available if he is a player that could help right away.   If not then we put the scholarship in the bank.

mhuff

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 22, 2014, 11:13:42 am
Will we sign 1 or 2?  Will we sign the best 1 or 2 players regardless of position or will we go after only best we can sign at select positions?

Reading recruiting articles I guess we go after a 4/5 type player and best available if he is a player that could help right away.   If not then we put the scholarship in the bank.

That would be my bet.

yraciv

We will sign 2 and Portis will leave early.  That means Kapita should be priority #1. Kevaughn Allen should be priority 2, just because he is so good and would have an instant impact.  That being said, if we whiff on Allen, it's not a major loss because we are starting to get pretty guard heavy.  I'd start looking at people to fill the Alandise Harris role at that point.  I don't see many Wing options available, but Melvin Frazier is on the Arkansas Wings and I feel is a quality player we could jump on with a late offer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Melvin-Frazier-33650

mhuff

Quote from: yraciv on November 22, 2014, 12:05:00 pm
We will sign 2 and Portis will leave early.  That means Kapita should be priority #1. Kevaughn Allen should be priority 2, just because he is so good and would have an instant impact.  That being said, if we whiff on Allen, it's not a major loss because we are starting to get pretty guard heavy.  I'd start looking at people to fill the Alandise Harris role at that point.  I don't see many Wing options available, but Melvin Frazier is on the Arkansas Wings and I feel is a quality player we could jump on with a late offer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Melvin-Frazier-33650

The_Iceman

Our roster next year if Portis and Qualls leave, this will be the roster next year:

G: Beard / Durham
G: Bell / Watkins / Hannahs
G: Babb / Whitt
F: Williams / Miles
C: Kingsley / Thompson

So, we have room for 1, maybe two more. I think we should save that 3rd scholarship unless we can land Kapita and Allen.

yraciv

If you want to look JUCO guys, I'm going to continue to monitor Jalen Jackson. Lot's of you have heard about him.  6'6 athletic wing from West Memphis who is known to have had a poor work ethic in high school/grades, so no major programs wanted him out of High School and he signed with UCA.  Despite being a 4 star I believe at one point. Well at UCA he put up pretty good numbers as a true FR. 
FR: 9.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.4 spg, 48.9 fg%, 47.7 3fg%, in 20 MPG

Corliss left so he transferred out to Northwest Florida State with I'm sure the intention of getting a bigger school to offer.  So far through 7 games.
SO: 20.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1 spg, 72.5 fg%, 33.3 3fg%

Now I'll tell you that FG% is inflated because he has only taken 3 threes this season, but that is still a torrid pace.  Like Jason Henry and Sonny Weems before him, he has tons of athleticism and a very similar game.  I haven't seen the guy play in years, but if he finally has his head on straight I always thought he had the skillset to play for the Hogs.

Hawg Red

Lot could change, but Kapita looks like the main target and that would give us a guard and forward to replace a guard and forward. If Portis and/or Qualls leaves, I would not be surprised to see Manny Watkins get a scholarship. He's earning it so far, obviously. Outside of Manny, it will be the usual -- JUCOs and transfers. Maybe some postseason success will have so other good late signees looking at us. Don't have much hope for KeVaughn but he's a guy you take regardless of many guards you have.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 22, 2014, 01:43:57 pm
Lot could change, but Kapita looks like the main target and that would give us a guard and forward to replace a guard and forward. If Portis and/or Qualls leaves, I would not be surprised to see Manny Watkins get a scholarship. He's earning it so far, obviously. Outside of Manny, it will be the usual -- JUCOs and transfers. Maybe some postseason success will have so other good late signees looking at us. Don't have much hope for KeVaughn but he's a guy you take regardless of many guards you have.
I get what you are saying by giving Manny a scholarship because he has played well but it would be better for the team if he didn't get one and I would bet that he and his father know that as well.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

yraciv

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on November 22, 2014, 09:06:10 pm
I get what you are saying by giving Manny a scholarship because he has played well but it would be better for the team if he didn't get one and I would bet that he and his father know that as well.

Can someone clarify on if students with parents that are faculty are given lower admission fees or how that works?  I don't know the logistics of that or if that is something that benefits Watkins, but I think I've heard of that before.  He certainly has played well enough to earn his scholarship, but the Watkins shouldn't be too strapped for cash and I have a feeling they have the teams best interest on their mind.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: yraciv on November 22, 2014, 09:11:13 pm
Can someone clarify on if students with parents that are faculty are given lower admission fees or how that works?  I don't know the logistics of that or if that is something that benefits Watkins, but I think I've heard of that before.  He certainly has played well enough to earn his scholarship, but the Watkins shouldn't be too strapped for cash and I have a feeling they have the teams best interest on their mind.
Its 50 or 55% off of tuition, I can't remember exactly.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawg Red

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on November 22, 2014, 09:06:10 pm

How so? What if there isn't anyone really deserving of a 2-4 year commitment out there? You get that a lot in the late period. Besides, everything we know about Mike Anderson suggests he'd offer the kid a scholarship if he's able to. If there is a player who is truly worth the addition, then obviously Anderson will give that player the scholarship, but I'm not sure we'll be looking at adding players of that value if a 3rd or 4th scholarship for 2015 opens up.

PorkiePig

I believe the child of a faculty member would only have to pay 60% of the regular tuition.   :)
Go Big Or Go Home

jjdlc

Quote from: PorkiePig on November 23, 2014, 02:43:52 am
I believe the child of a faculty member would only have to pay 60% of the regular tuition.   :)

Has it went up?  It was just 50% as of a couple years ago.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 22, 2014, 10:26:32 pm
How so? What if there isn't anyone really deserving of a 2-4 year commitment out there? You get that a lot in the late period. Besides, everything we know about Mike Anderson suggests he'd offer the kid a scholarship if he's able to. If there is a player who is truly worth the addition, then obviously Anderson will give that player the scholarship, but I'm not sure we'll be looking at adding players of that value if a 3rd or 4th scholarship for 2015 opens up.
If we don't end up needing the scholarship for someone then yes give it to Watkins for next year. But it wouldn't be smart to give it to him before the late signing period was up. When June hits and we know we aren't going to sign someone then  give it to him for a year.

Waldron_Hog

Why not just give coach watkins a raise equivalent to the scholarship costs n keep manny a walk on.

Hawg Red

Give it to him for a year?? Whatever. Dude is better than a lot of guys on scholarship in the SEC. He's probably better than Dusty Hannahs. We seem to have a good amount of depth right now, so it's not necessarily essential that we fill any spots that open up past the two currently available, especially when you have a walk-on contributing at scholarship level.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 23, 2014, 02:58:14 pm
Give it to him for a year?? Whatever. Dude is better than a lot of guys on scholarship in the SEC. He's probably better than Dusty Hannahs. We seem to have a good amount of depth right now, so it's not necessarily essential that we fill any spots that open up past the two currently available, especially when you have a walk-on contributing at scholarship level.
I agree that he probably is better than most scholarship players in the SEC and he is deserving of a scholarship but why give him one when his family can afford to pay for his school.

Hawg Red

I think we have a difference of opinion on when you should extend a scholarship to a player.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 23, 2014, 03:41:36 pm
I think we have a difference of opinion on when you should extend a scholarship to a player.
No I agree if this was someone else then they should get a scholarship but in this case if we can use that scholarship to sign someone else then we should. Petino did this  a few years ago when he had JR Smiths brother and another guard whose dad was a surgeon. Neither one of them were on scholarships it allowed them to have essentially 15 scholarship players. Which helps schools like us and Louisville because of the systems we use. BTW both of those players were starters for their team.

yraciv

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 23, 2014, 02:58:14 pm

Why do you feel the need to harp on one of our other players to build Manny up?  Dusty started at a Big 12 school for 2 seasons. They are players with a completely different skillset, so it's ridiculous to compare.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2014, 12:54:27 pm
Our roster next year if Portis and Qualls leave, this will be the roster next year:

G: Beard / Durham
G: Bell / Watkins / Hannahs
G: Babb / Whitt
F: Williams / Miles

So, we have room for 1, maybe two more. I think we should save that 3rd scholarship unless we can land Kapita and Allen.

I haven't seen Qualls on anybody's draft board in a long time.  It's been months now.  But, looking at that roster it doesn't look bad at all.  My guess is even if we do lose Portis and Qualls, we still only take 1 other guy, and that will be a big.  And I agree with Hawg Red, if Manny keeps up this play he'll probably get the extra scholarship if available.  He deserves it, he's arguably the best player off our bench right now.  Dad on staff or not, if your playing to the level worthy of the scholarship, you should get one.

-Blu

Quote from: yraciv on November 23, 2014, 10:45:57 pm
Why do you feel the need to harp on one of our other players to build Manny up?  Dusty started at a Big 12 school for 2 seasons. They are players with a completely different skillset, so it's ridiculous to compare.

I didn't take it as any knock on Dusty Hannahs, he's just being realistic.  If you look at next year's guards, in all likelihood Manny would be ahead of Dusty in the rotation at that second guard spot behind Bell.  He's been in the system longer and he's our best on ball defender as a guard.  We know Hannah's isn't going to play any PG, so you eliminate Durham and Beard from the conversation.  Things could definitely change, as we seen with Manny moving ahead of other guys, but guys just talking and speculating right now, it's the logical choice. 

Hawg Red

Someone may need to check my post history. I was the first one calling for the Hogs to take Dusty when he transferred, and many disagreed with me. I was, perhaps, his biggest supporter and the posts are there for all to see.

I was using Dusty as an example because I knew he was a player many would be familiar with as opposed to some end-of-the-bench players at other SEC schools.

RazorAg

Quote from: -Blu on November 23, 2014, 10:53:28 pm
And I agree with Hawg Red, if Manny keeps up this play he'll probably get the extra scholarship if available.

It may happen, but I don't think that's the staff's plan right now.

Hogimus Prime

If the Hogs have a scholarship open in June and no out there that can help, then put Watkins on scholarship for the year. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 24, 2014, 08:38:17 am
If the Hogs have a scholarship open in June and no out there that can help, then put Watkins on scholarship for the year. 

Be careful though, we may need that scholarship for the 2016 class.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2014, 08:54:57 am

It'd be available for 2016, cause he'd be on it for one year.

yraciv

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 24, 2014, 06:50:45 am
Someone may need to check my post history. I was the first one calling for the Hogs to take Dusty when he transferred, and many disagreed with me. I was, perhaps, his biggest supporter and the posts are there for all to see.

I was using Dusty as an example because I knew he was a player many would be familiar with as opposed to some end-of-the-bench players at other SEC schools.

Fair enough, but I really do see them getting a similar amount of minutes next season.  Have I been impressed with Manny? Absolutely, but so far we have seen a small sample size against inferior competition.  Let's see how he does when we play the big boys.  I also saw him play some back in High School, and unlike Gulley or Haydar before him at FHS he really wasn't a wow you type player. Had the same work ethic balls and effort, but wasn't a big go to scorer.  I think his ceiling is Marcus Britt, which I'm more than happy to get out of a walkon.

Now Dusty Hannahs on the other hand has been through the gauntlet and done this before.  He was a marked man on a team without a lot of help in his 2 years at Tech, but he still put up pretty impressive numbers.  Given help and our system those numbers should improve and I'd be surprised if he doesn't shoot 40% from 3, and put up 5-8 a a game in 10-15 min a night.  Wildcard is I don't know how he is taking to our pressure defense, but he has looked solid in the limited action I've seen so far.

-Blu

Quote from: yraciv on November 24, 2014, 09:08:17 am
Absolutely, but so far we have seen a small sample size against inferior competition.  Let's see how he does when we play the big boys.  I also saw him play some back in High School, and unlike Gulley or Haydar before him at FHS he really wasn't a wow you type player. Had the same work ethic balls and effort, but wasn't a big go to scorer.  I think his ceiling is Marcus Britt, which I'm more than happy to get out of a walkon.

Considering Alabama State and Wake Forest could beat some of the current SEC teams, and he played great against them, I think it's safe to assume that he's going to be able to perform at the SEC level. 

Also, you think the Manny's ceiling is Marcus Britt? I highly doubt Britt would even make the rotation on this year's team.  Not bashing Britt, but this year's team is on a whole other level than the teams Britt played on.

yraciv

Quote from: -Blu on November 24, 2014, 09:22:01 am
Considering Alabama State and Wake Forest could beat some of the current SEC teams, and he played great against them, I think it's safe to assume that he's going to be able to perform at the SEC level. 

Also, you think the Manny's ceiling is Marcus Britt? I highly doubt Britt would even make the rotation on this year's team.  Not bashing Britt, but this year's team is on a whole other level than the teams Britt played on.

We'll see if he can play, still just 3 games in.  I think he is at Britt's level as an upperclassman now minus the game experience.  I think people really forget how effective Marcus Britt was. He locked guys down on a team where I don't think anyone else cared about defense. He just scored very little, but was rather efficient from the field.  Maybe ceiling isn't a fair assessment because I don't know what all Manny has left in the tank, but I just get that impression knowing his work ethic and the fact he grew up a coaches son that he has already done a lot to reach it.

And yes I know the SEC is bad and upsets can happen, but talent wise Alabama State couldn't match up with any team in this conference.  Wake would likely end in the bottom 4, which is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

-Blu

Quote from: yraciv on November 24, 2014, 09:49:34 am
We'll see if he can play, still just 3 games in.  I think he is at Britt's level as an upperclassman now minus the game experience.  I think people really forget how effective Marcus Britt was. He locked guys down on a team where I don't think anyone else cared about defense. He just scored very little, but was rather efficient from the field.  Maybe ceiling isn't a fair assessment because I don't know what all Manny has left in the tank, but I just get that impression knowing his work ethic and the fact he grew up a coaches son that he has already done a lot to reach it.

And yes I know the SEC is bad and upsets can happen, but talent wise Alabama State couldn't match up with any team in this conference.  Wake would likely end in the bottom 4, which is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I'm not trying to be rude or criticize you when I ask this, but I'm asking because your assessments are like way off. But, how much college B-Ball do you watch?

1.  Alabama State is better than Wake Forest.  Don't let their name fool you.  They are a senior laden team has some very good guards that could win some games in the SEC.  The top 144 countdown had them at #142, that ranks above a few SEC teams.  Go look at who Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina, and Missouri has lost to this year.  Wake Forest and Alabama State would beat those teams.

2.  Marcus Britt as a senior averaged 5 points, 2 Reb, 1 Asst, 1 turnover, and 0.8 Stls.  In nearly 20 MPG on a bad team.  Manuel Watkins as a sophomore is currently averaging 5 points, 3 Reb, 1 Asst, 3 Steals, and 1 turnover on a team that's currently ranked #25, so how in the world do you figure his ceiling is of Marcus Britt, when he's already exceeding his stats as a sophomore on a better team.

3. How does being a coach's son make you get the feeling that he's already reached his ceiling?  I just don't get the logic in that.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2014, 08:54:57 am

I'd prefer not to have to fill more than 5 scholarships for that class and that is what we are due to lose right now. 6 newcomers is a lot.

yraciv

Quote from: -Blu on November 24, 2014, 12:47:50 pm
I'm not trying to be rude or criticize you when I ask this, but I'm asking because your assessments are like way off. But, how much college B-Ball do you watch?

1.  Alabama State is better than Wake Forest.  Don't let their name fool you.  They are a senior laden team has some very good guards that could win some games in the SEC.  The top 144 countdown had them at #142, that ranks above a few SEC teams.  Go look at who Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina, and Missouri has lost to this year.  Wake Forest and Alabama State would beat those teams.

2.  Marcus Britt as a senior averaged 5 points, 2 Reb, 1 Asst, 1 turnover, and 0.8 Stls.  In nearly 20 MPG on a bad team.  Manuel Watkins as a sophomore is currently averaging 5 points, 3 Reb, 1 Asst, 3 Steals, and 1 turnover on a team that's currently ranked #25, so how in the world do you figure his ceiling is of Marcus Britt, when he's already exceeding his stats as a sophomore on a better team.

3. How does being a coach's son make you get the feeling that he's already reached his ceiling?  I just don't get the logic in that.

I watch more college basketball than you could imagine.  It has been my favorite sport since the age of 5.  I watched more than half of that tipoff marathon, and had it on in the background while I was working. That is about as insulting of a comment as you can make to me!

I don't understand how anyone can justify Alabama State being a good basketball team.  They are the best in the worse conference in college basketball and lost 6 games in that conference.  They went to the CIT and got drilled by Sam Houston.  Their BPI last season was 288! That may slightly improve since everyone is back, but it's not like everyone is going to have breakthrough improvements in their SR season.  They got lucky and hit some 3s against us, which won't happen all season considering they shot 28% last year

I know who those teams have lost to, that is 1 game scenarios.  It's basketball, 5 men on the court at once, upsets happen.  Over the course of the season though talent wins out.  Alabama State has one player on their entire team that had the natural talent to get into a SEC school and that is Wendell Lewis who played a minor role on an awful MS State team.  I'm not even going to begin analyzing Wake Forest, but I did watch the game and obviously they are going to struggle at times with a 1st year coach, but Devin Thomas and Codi Miller-McIntyre are better than anything ASU throws out there.

And on to Britt and Watkins.  Maybe that assessment wasn't fair to speculate on his ceiling, but I just call it like I see it.  The coach comment is in relation to access of gyms and hanging around older basketball players growing up.  Lots of FR in college have to adjust to shooting in big arenas, have to learn the college way of going about things, etc.  I have no idea how much Melvin played coach with his son growing up, but from my understanding he has been around his dad in the gym a lot.   I've seen a lot of high school kids that were coaches kids not progress all that much in college, but there are exceptions.

The two are both very good on ball defenders that are limited offensively. Manny is more of a slasher, and Marcus was going to knock down 3s, but they both are pretty efficient at taking what the defense gives them and are smart with the ball. Again he is exceeding his stats in 3 games, which I expect to come down against better teams.  The level of team both are on does not necessarily matter.  It's easier to look good with better teammates and a better system in place.  Marcus would have looked very different in this style of play and vice versa.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 24, 2014, 01:03:51 pm
I'd prefer not to have to fill more than 5 scholarships for that class and that is what we are due to lose right now. 6 newcomers is a lot.

I agree with that. The 2016 Roster will look like this to start:

G: Beard / Watkins (w/o)
G: Whitt / Hannahs
G: Babb / (Maybe K.Allen?)
F: (Maybe Kapita?)

So right now, we really need to add a PF in the 2015 class. Kapita would be a huge get for us....so would K. Allen.

-Blu

Quote from: yraciv on November 24, 2014, 01:34:11 pm
I don't understand how anyone can justify Alabama State being a good basketball team.  They are the best in the worse conference in college basketball and lost 6 games in that conference.  They went to the CIT and got drilled by Sam Houston.  Their BPI last season was 288! That may slightly improve since everyone is back, but it's not like everyone is going to have breakthrough improvements in their SR season.  They got lucky and hit some 3s against us, which won't happen all season considering they shot 28% last year

Wasn't trying to insult you or anything, that's why I said, I wasn't trying to be rude just asking a question.  Don't it personal, because I don't mean it like that.  You just threw me off when you said Marcus Britt was somebody's ceiling.

But, to address what your were saying about SEC.  When your conference as a whole has like 5 losses in one week to mid-major teams that's no longer considered "upsets" but more along the lines of the bottom tier of your conference is pretty bad.  And I'm one of the biggest defenders of SEC basketball, you can check my post history during last year.  And Alabama State, nobody is saying they are a great team or anything like that, but they could compete and beat some lower tier SEC teams on any given night, especially if they were the home team.  I could see them winning 3 or 4 games in the SEC.  The top 144 countdown thinks they are the 142nd best team, some SEC schools didn't even make that list.  I also have 2 preseason magazines from Lindy and Athlon Sports who thinks they should be decent and win their conference easily and be a tournament team.  So it's not like I'm just making this up from their shooting performance against us.

yraciv

Quote from: -Blu on November 24, 2014, 02:27:04 pm
Wasn't trying to insult you or anything, that's why I said, I wasn't trying to be rude just asking a question.  Don't it personal, because I don't mean it like that.  You just threw me off when you said Marcus Britt was somebody's ceiling.

But, to address what your were saying about SEC.  When your conference as a whole has like 5 losses in one week to mid-major teams that's no longer considered "upsets" but more along the lines of the bottom tier of your conference is pretty bad.  And I'm one of the biggest defenders of SEC basketball, you can check my post history during last year.  And Alabama State, nobody is saying they are a great team or anything like that, but they could compete and beat some lower tier SEC teams on any given night, especially if they were the home team.  I could see them winning 3 or 4 games in the SEC.  The top 144 countdown thinks they are the 142nd best team, some SEC schools didn't even make that list.  I also have 2 preseason magazines from Lindy and Athlon Sports who thinks they should be decent and win their conference easily and be a tournament team.  So it's not like I'm just making this up from their shooting performance against us.

I don't think there is a nice way to phrase that and you know damn well you'd feel insulted if I said the same thing to you.  I've been rather active on this site since before you came around and a quick review of Jump Ball & the Recruiting Forum clearly shows I have watched a ton of basketball over that time.  You are free to have your opinion and me mine on personal evaluations, but that is what a message board is so agree to disagree.  I actually completely agree with you on a SMU analysis I saw from you earlier today.  But do you really think someone who doesn't watch much college basketball would remember Marcus Britt?

The SEC does this every year in the early season. Yet at the end of the day, our conference RPI never gets lower than 7th because there are too many talented players in this league.  That was last season, it's usually closer to 4 or 5.  The SWAC by comparison has been in the bottom 2 conferences, at least 5 straight years.   Last year the SWAC went (1-19) against teams with a 50-100 RPI and 2-25 against those with an RPI 101-200.  Alabama State's best win last season was Chicago St., RPI 260. The conference is just a different level of bad. Sure anything could happen if you gave them a home game, but the home court won't give you much with just over 2,000 a game. RPI for league champs isn't the end all be all, but it is a pretty strong indicator.  The conference champ and Alabama State last season were around 250.

I get it, you obviously did some research scoping out our nonconference teams, but you got duped by the laziness of the writer or maybe it was just a deal where they chose a team from every conference. Yes they should be the best, but in that conference it is a one tournament season where you are playing for the 16 seed.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2014, 01:38:30 pm
I agree with that. The 2016 Roster will look like this to start:

G: Beard / Watkins (w/o)
G: Whitt / Hannahs
G: Babb / (Maybe K.Allen?)
F: (Maybe Kapita?)

So right now, we really need to add a PF in the 2015 class. Kapita would be a huge get for us....so would K. Allen.

If the Hogs get Kapita and Portis leaves early I'd like to see MA pick up another PF. 

-Blu

Quote from: yraciv on November 24, 2014, 07:18:01 pm
I don't think there is a nice way to phrase that and you know damn well you'd feel insulted if I said the same thing to you.  I've been rather active on this site since before you came around and a quick review of Jump Ball & the Recruiting Forum clearly shows I have watched a ton of basketball over that time.  You are free to have your opinion and me mine on personal evaluations, but that is what a message board is so agree to disagree.  I actually completely agree with you on a SMU analysis I saw from you earlier today.  But do you really think someone who doesn't watch much college basketball would remember Marcus Britt?

I honestly didn't mean you any offense man, it's a sports forum, the debates/discussions are going to get a little mild sometimes, I don't know your history, so I asked a question.  If I offended you I apologize.  Anyways I agree that we should agree to disagree and just end the discussion, we've gotten way off topic and this is probably the most Marcus Britt has ever been mentioned on this board.