Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaylon Lane (TTech lean)

Started by greenie, November 21, 2014, 05:28:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

redeye

MojoHog

RD retweeted that tweet too. Which gives me the sense we have a chance. Right....... ???
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

TX HOG

Uhhhh, DB? Need depth. Hope we get a shot...!!

TX HOG

He decommited  cause he got arrested for a felony charge.

NLRHog92

Quote from: TX HOG on November 21, 2014, 06:34:34 pm
He decommited  cause he got arrested for a felony charge.

How did you run across that info?

TX HOG

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 21, 2014, 06:42:32 pm
How did you run across that info?

I live in east texas. Local news. Arrested this morning

ldfergu

Well that's that then. We don't recruit kids like this

TX HOG

Here

[attachment deleted by admin]

TX HOG

He tweeted he didn't do anything wrong

Vcloudv

He resisted arrest.......

If you didn't do anything wrong, Don't Resist!!!

Vcloudv

But in saying that we did take Robinson after his ordeal, so if BB thinks he's ok i'm all for it!

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

Uncommon

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 21, 2014, 07:38:10 pm
auburn lock lol
Or Florida State.  Although at Florida State, the cops resist arrest.  Not the players.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Vcloudv on November 21, 2014, 06:58:58 pm
But in saying that we did take Robinson after his ordeal, so if BB thinks he's ok i'm all for it!

Talking about JoJo? His situation occurred after signing day and it came out that he did nothing wrong.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Uncommon on November 21, 2014, 08:04:08 pm
Or Florida State.  Although at Florida State, the cops resist arrest.  Not the players.
You win the thread.

nationwish

Quote from: Vcloudv on November 21, 2014, 06:53:34 pm
He resisted arrest.......

If you didn't do anything wrong, Don't Resist!!!

Definitely true to an extent. Of course, we should have all heard stories about people doing nothing wrong but still being charged and convicted of crimes. Being black probably makes that worse, especially with what's going on in Ferguson. I'm a quiet, law-abiding white guy, and I've still had cops try to assert dominance over me for no clear reason, so I can see how someone who could have been told his whole life not to trust the police would be less likely to immediately comply. I've also seen plenty of videos of police using anything they can to excuse an obstruction or resisting charge. Basically, I know nothing about this case whatsoever, I could just see how something would go either way with a kid really doing something he shouldn't to having a cop who is abusing his power. I'm sure if there is interest the coaches will do a good job of finding out the truth.

mhuff

Quote from: greenie on November 21, 2014, 05:28:45 pm
Just de-committed from OkState.  Looks like a nice CB.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jaylon-Lane-33049

https://twitter.com/Jlane1400blk/status/535930179151872000

Great info

Greenie, your inbox is full so you can't receive mail. You will need to delete some.

JaxFlaRazorback

......Being black probably makes that worse......I'm a quiet, law-abiding white guy, and I've still had cops try to assert dominance over me for no clear reason.......a cop who is abusing his power......

What a crock.  No matter if you're black, white, brown, or red just abide by the laws and you'll avoid being dominated by that nasty old cop.

NLRHog92

Quote from: JaxFlaRazorback on November 25, 2014, 11:58:10 am
......Being black probably makes that worse......I'm a quiet, law-abiding white guy, and I've still had cops try to assert dominance over me for no clear reason.......a cop who is abusing his power......

What a crock.  No matter if you're black, white, brown, or red just abide by the laws and you'll avoid being dominated by that nasty old cop.

I take it you've been watching the Ferguson riots.

nationwish

That's completely untrue, but you're welcome to continue that belief. There are plenty of good cops out there. There are also plenty of ones who seem to feel the need to try to intimidate the general population. If you've never had that happen to you, that's great. But if you honestly think it doesn't happen every day, you're not living in the real world.

sickboy

Not trying to start a political debate... I'm a white guy. Very pale, infact. And I have nothing against cops... have never had an aggressive altercation with a police officer. Butted up against some rude cops, but nothing crazy.

Still, I highly doubt racial stereotypes don't play into some police altercations... especially when unarmed minorities are being shot. 27 police officers died last year in the line of duty... and unfortunately... nobody knows how many people died at the hand of police officers because there's no regulative body that keeps track of those numbers... the police officers self report them. That's like a teacher telling you that you get to decide your grade...

At any rate... I don't know what the answer is. Maybe you put cameras on the cops that are constantly recording... but unless those are being recorded by 3rd party outfits... that footage is going to be abused by bad cops.

Maybe pay the guys more, because they deserve it for putting their life on the line... and make the acceptance rate into the job more stringent, so you've hopefully got more good cops than bad cops.

But... I don't know. I think cops are like politicians... you give people power... a certain portion of them are going to abuse that power. Unfortunately it's human nature.

Mike_e

I'm white and know a lot of cops (around a dozen) that are white, black and hispanic.

Cops are people and there are good and bad people.  There are also people who strive to be the best at what they do and there are those that live on the low hanging fruit.

Because of some laws and the 'popular' culture of young african Americans there is a higher chance that if a cop stops a young black person that stop will help to make their quota -and yes there are quotas is a LOT of places.

It's said, and rightfully so, that if you have a problem with most of the people you meet the problem may be with you.  It's true with some laws and the popular culture as well.

As I've said complexity is the product of simplicity multiplied over and over.  Sometimes if you multiply enough times you get the proverbial perfect storm.

Or a kid wrongly accused.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ldfergu

Quote from: sickboy on November 25, 2014, 04:11:09 pm
Not trying to start a political debate... I'm a white guy. Very pale, infact. And I have nothing against cops... have never had an aggressive altercation with a police officer. Butted up against some rude cops, but nothing crazy.

Still, I highly doubt racial stereotypes don't play into some police altercations... especially when unarmed minorities are being shot. 27 police officers died last year in the line of duty... and unfortunately... nobody knows how many people died at the hand of police officers because there's no regulative body that keeps track of those numbers... the police officers self report them. That's like a teacher telling you that you get to decide your grade...

At any rate... I don't know what the answer is. Maybe you put cameras on the cops that are constantly recording... but unless those are being recorded by 3rd party outfits... that footage is going to be abused by bad cops.

Maybe pay the guys more, because they deserve it for putting their life on the line... and make the acceptance rate into the job more stringent, so you've hopefully got more good cops than bad cops.

But... I don't know. I think cops are like politicians... you give people power... a certain portion of them are going to abuse that power. Unfortunately it's human nature.

-Officer involved shootings/killings are definitely tracked.
-More and more cops are wearing body cams. Constantly recording is stupid, might as well have robots
-most cops do not alter their video recording as that destroys your evidence and more importantly your credibility as an officer. You would get fired
-your correct that some people become law enforcement for the wrong reasons and take the power thing a little too seriously