Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K. Allen headlines "Rumble on the Ridge"

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 21, 2014, 05:20:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Jonesboro will be in it with a little D-I talent, they return College of Charleston signee, Marquise Pointer, and will have Salisu Yahaya a 6'8 sophomore with an offer from Lehigh and freshman Kobe Wilson, a 6' guard rated #50 overall in the 2018 class.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 21, 2014, 07:19:44 am
Good info OryzaPig!

Nicely done, I remember years ago getting a link or email to something called the Oryza newsletter, I had to look the word up to know what it meant. I'll probably catch a night or two of the tournament, I'll try to update on performances.

mhuff

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2014, 07:59:12 am

Nicely done, I remember years ago getting a link or email to something called the Oryza newsletter, I had to look the word up to know what it meant. I'll probably catch a night or two of the tournament, I'll try to update on performances.

TomBigBeeHog

I'll be there again this year. Wonder if Florida will send a coach down here for the tourney just to let KeVaughn know he is still a priority? If MA shows up, I am going to be stoked at the prospect of us coming back at KeVaughn for a chance to get his signature in the spring.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 21, 2014, 11:29:03 am
I'll be there again this year. Wonder if Florida will send a coach down here for the tourney just to let KeVaughn know he is still a priority? If MA shows up, I am going to be stoked at the prospect of us coming back at KeVaughn for a chance to get his signature in the spring.

Mike Anderson and the entire staff need to let their presence be known to KeVaughn. Have them all show up in Red Razorback gear and sit where he can see them. Let him know he is welcome and wanted at Arkansas!

mhuff

November 21, 2014, 12:02:06 pm #8 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:18:15 pm by mhuff
There are usually tons of coaches at the Rumble. I wouldn't be surprised if Pel showed up.

I am concerned with the lack of recruitment of Allen by the UA. Also, I am not hearing recruitment of Adrian Moore..... Anybody know anything?

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on November 21, 2014, 12:02:06 pm
There are usually tons of coaches at the Rumble. I wouldn't be surprised if Pel showed up.

I am concerned with the lack of recruitment of Allen by the UA. Also, I am not hearing recruitment of Adrian Moore..... Anybody know anything?

What do you mean by lack of recruitment?

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2014, 06:48:27 am
Jonesboro will be in it with a little D-I talent, they return College of Charleston signee, Marquise Pointer, and will have Salisu Yahaya a 6'8 sophomore with an offer from Lehigh and freshman Kobe Wilson, a 6' guard rated #50 overall in the 2018 class.

How does Jonesboro keep putting these guys out?  Has Jonesboro always been a good program? They've been a pipeline for D1 athletes lately.

ricepig

November 21, 2014, 01:00:40 pm #11 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:38:51 pm by ricepig
Quote from: yraciv on November 21, 2014, 12:53:57 pm
How does Jonesboro keep putting these guys out?  Has Jonesboro always been a good program? They've been a pipeline for D1 athletes lately.

The 9th grader just moved from Houston, his Dad took an Assistant Coaching position on Brady's staff at ASU. The other player is from Nigeria, I think, and was adopted by a family here.

I heard the 9th grader tore his ACL a week ago, that's a shame as he might be one of the top 15 players in the state, no matter the gradem

orgkeith

Ricepig,

Did you see the El Dorado vs Jonesboro game?  Is the soph from ED ( Daniel Gafford) really 6-9-6-10.  Noticed he had 19-13 in EDs 68-65 win. 

ricepig

Quote from: orgkeith on November 21, 2014, 02:18:12 pm
Ricepig,

Did you see the El Dorado vs Jonesboro game?  Is the soph from ED ( Daniel Gafford) really 6-9-6-10.  Noticed he had 19-13 in EDs 68-65 win. 

I didn't see it, but he was around 6'9"" when he was in Jonesboro last year for the state tournament. He was raw, but looks to have potential. It was just a benefit game last night, but I'd say that was impressive numbers, no matter what.

mhuff

Quote from: yraciv on November 21, 2014, 12:53:57 pm

At one time Jonesboro had more state championships than anyone..... this was especially prominent before the 1970's. They have an AAU program for all ages. If you are in the 4th grade, you know how to play a full court press and a half court trap. They also play a 25 game season.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: mhuff on November 21, 2014, 12:02:06 pm

Our guard position is pretty heavy right now.
Beard - freshman
Durham - junior
Watkins - sophomore
Babb - freshman
Madden - senior
Whitt - incoming freshman
Bell - junior
If we get Allen that would be great but I believe the staff first priority is bringing in a solid big man. Portis has to cash in if he is a first round pick. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Went tonight to the Rumble. K Allen really struggled.  Wasn't close to a top 100 player. NLR isn't very good and it seemed to me he has taken a step back with the lack of talent on the team. KJ will help.

Also not impressed with Jonesboro either but w/o Wash and the other footballs I can see why they struggle.  Didn't see the 9th grader either.  #4 is what program said and no #4 dressed out.  Pointer was way off. 9 pts and about 11 turnovers. Pressure got to him. Hoover AL hit about 12 3's and that was frustrating.

Both are good players and will bounce back.    Everyone has bad games.

NLRHog92

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 27, 2014, 11:30:21 pm
NLR isn't very good

LOL... We'll see about that! Likely another state title and top ranking coming their way.

OnTheHillHogFan

Went tonight to the Rumble. K Allen really struggled.  Wasn't close to a top 100 player. NLR isn't very good and it seemed to me he has taken a step back with the lack of talent on the team. KJ will help.

Also not impressed with Jonesboro either but w/o Wash and the other footballs I can see why they struggle.  Didn't see the 9th grader either.  #4 is what program said and no #4 dressed out.  Pointer was way off. 9 pts and about 11 turnovers. Pressure got to him. Hoover AL hit about 12 3's and that was frustrating.

NLR will get a lot better once KJ Hill is done with football
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ricepig

Wilson is out for the year with a torn ACL, he was sitting on the end of the bench. The also are missing Aaron Washington, he had some work done on his knee, for another 2-3 weeks. But, the biggest player they are missing is Ross, and they will get some more guard help once football season is over in Adams and Veasley. I didn't see NLR play, but heard it was sloppy, typical for an early season game.

Also, the best player I saw last night was #24 for Hoover, he had NBA 3pts range, they shot 7/10 3's in the first half, and didn't cool off too much in the second.

RazorAg

ricepig

Quote from: RazorAg on November 28, 2014, 09:54:59 am
FYI, Allen had 28 and Adrian Moore had 16.

I set with one of the guys who officiated this game, he said Allen missed a lot of his normal shots early, but played a lot better in the 4th and OTs.

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2014, 11:33:25 am
I set with one of the guys who officiated this game, he said Allen missed a lot of his normal shots early, but played a lot better in the 4th and OTs.

Yeah I heard he hit a couple FT with like 2 seconds left to secure the win.  I don't know if it was an AI type 28 points or not, but if he put his team on his back late and still gutted out a win when his team was not full strength that counts for a lot. Anyone want to give me a report on how the big guy Dunkum looked?

Hawg Red

Based off one early-season game? Pump the brakes a little.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 28, 2014, 12:17:16 pm
Based off one early-season game? Pump the brakes a little.

Yeah, Jonesboro looked out of sync too, I wouldn't put much in the first games against very good quality programs.

Razorod

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2014, 08:44:46 am
Our guard position is pretty heavy right now.
Beard - freshman
Durham - junior
Watkins - sophomore
Babb - freshman
Madden - senior
Whitt - incoming freshman
Bell - junior
If we get Allen that would be great but I believe the staff first priority is bringing in a solid big man. Portis has to cash in if he is a first round pick. 
And don't forget Dusty Hannahs will be eligible to play next year. He will be a junior.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I didn't see 28 but could have been. He missed about 28 shots is prob where the got it confused

yraciv

Cats beat Bossier to reach the finals. Kevaughn had 14 and Adrian had 8, low scoring game in the 40s.

-Blu

Are we still actively recruiting Adrian Moore? I haven't heard anything on him in a long time. Actually haven't heard much on his recruiting at all.  Last I heard Danny Manning (Wake Forest) offered him this summer, but haven't heard anything since.

RazorAg

Quote from: -Blu on November 29, 2014, 09:15:13 am
Are we still actively recruiting Adrian Moore? I haven't heard anything on him in a long time. Actually haven't heard much on his recruiting at all.  Last I heard Danny Manning (Wake Forest) offered him this summer, but haven't heard anything since.

No recent info.  Needs to make significant strides 2014-2015 in scoring skill to have a committable offer, IMO.

Hawg Red

This is of no consequence, but I had a dream the other night that Adrian Moore ended up at TCU. Weird.

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

yraciv

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 30, 2014, 12:08:24 am
Who won the championship game?

Forrest City won 91-81, Kevaughn had 39. Not sure what Forrest City still has, but certainly impressive they won this tournament in their first big games without Trey Thompson.

RazorAg

Quote from: yraciv on November 30, 2014, 12:13:03 am
Forrest City won 91-81, Kevaughn had 39. Not sure what Forrest City still has, but certainly impressive they won this tournament in their first big games without Trey Thompson.

They have a fantastic junior guard in R.J. Glasper.  He's really small, but a big time scorer.  He'll play college ball.