Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bryce English

Started by BrassNunchucks, November 13, 2014, 04:51:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrassNunchucks

Recent indications are he's going to TCU: http://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-English-26990

Anyone with connections know the story behind this? A week or two ago he seemed on the verge of announcing. Is it because we slowplayed him or because TCU is hot?

And if it's the first option, has anyone heard any names in particular we're on? Thanks

TMc

I've just read that we are not going to sign him.  Don't know if it was him or us.., but I suspect it was us.

trashcan maN

Word is that we only want 1 more DL, a DE. That would give us 2 DT(Dean, Froholdt) and 3 DE(Bell, Ledbetter and 1 more). Hope its Gustin. I think the Vandy commit and other names are plan Bs if Gustin falls thru.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 13, 2014, 05:32:18 pm
Word is that we only want 1 more DL, a DE. That would give us 2 DT(Dean, Froholdt) and 3 DE(Bell, Ledbetter and 1 more). Hope its Gustin. I think the Vandy commit and other names are plan Bs if Gustin falls thru.

Pure speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that the Vandy commit, T.J. Smith(?), had told Coach B he would flip to us. Now, I don't know if folks are waiting for an OV to accept that commitment or not. I think he is who coach wanted. Why else would CBB go and visit him personnally?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

The Recruiting Guy

Arkansas is looking to add a DE

ricepig

The_Boot_stops_here

trashcan maN

Ledbetter is a DE.

I think they want Gustin at DE and are compiling a short list of plan Bs. I think the Vandy kid is a plan B. Pure, baseless speculation though..

Bubba's Bruisers

And now Walker is supposedly out of the fold too. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

trashcan maN

^Thats weird to me. I figured we'd have room for a nice LB

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 13, 2014, 07:28:08 pm

Well, yeah, like a couple of "nice" LBs......

BrassNunchucks

Melorock089

Gustin a DE or a LB? Thought he was a LB?

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 13, 2014, 06:31:24 pm
Ledbetter is a DE.

I think they want Gustin at DE and are compiling a short list of plan Bs. I think the Vandy kid is a plan B. Pure, baseless speculation though..

I think your statement is pretty accurate, but I just don't see us getting Gustin. I would love to have him, but I think getting him here on an OV will be the best we can do. I think we had a better shot with Solly than we do with Gustin.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Oklahawg

We are in on a bunch of speedy LBs with the frame to blowup to 230+. We want the speed on the field.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 13, 2014, 07:28:08 pm
Walker is not a LB and most knew that.

texas tush hog

We got lukewarm on English about 2 weeks ago and I'm not sure why. We were on the verge of securing a committment according to my sources but something happened. Not sure what it was. Looks like TCU now. Hope we didn't make a mistake we may regret later, but not my call. He is awful short at 5'11 inches for the SEC, that may be it.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 14, 2014, 06:24:42 pm
We got lukewarm on English about 2 weeks ago and I'm not sure why. We were on the verge of securing a committment according to my sources but something happened. Not sure what it was. Looks like TCU now. Hope we didn't make a mistake we may regret later, but not my call. He is awful short at 5'11 inches for the SEC, that may be it.

From what I've read, our coaches feel like we're solid at dt. They felt comfortable about Philon coming back, so they'd rather use one of our few remaining spots on a defensive end.

Oklahawg

I saw English on TV. He did not jump off the screen at me. Might not even be 5-11. I would bet we prefer to get a longer frame and pour on the pounds but be longer and faster in the process.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 14, 2014, 09:04:54 pm
I saw English on TV. He did not jump off the screen at me. Might not even be 5-11. I would bet we prefer to get a longer frame and pour on the pounds but be longer and faster in the process.

Same impression he gave me, but I'm not a college coach.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2014, 09:11:58 pm
Same impression he gave me, but I'm not a college coach.

Nope, me neither. But, you can see a kid's motor or raw athleticism or hands or ... pick a skill. Nothing stood out about English to me.

HoggusMaximus

I have 100% faith in coach smith. And coach segrest, that being said I don't think they are going after him as hard as people think.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Says he is making officials to Arkansas and TCU

texas tush hog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on November 16, 2014, 11:08:02 pm
I have 100% faith in coach smith. And coach segrest, that being said I don't think they are going after him as hard as people think.
Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 26, 2014, 07:15:45 pm
Says he is making officials to Arkansas and TCU

I really think we could get him if we really want him, has family in Arkansas, he is not bad, but might have to redshirt.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 26, 2014, 07:27:31 pm
I really think we could get him if we really want him, has family in Arkansas, he is not bad, but might have to redshirt.

A short squashed Texan?? I'm kidding of course, but he is short and stout.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 26, 2014, 07:33:22 pm
A short squashed Texan?? I'm kidding of course, but he is short and stout.

I've seen him play in person, and he dominates the line of scrimmage when he decides to. He has a belly kinda like me. Can just imagine what a year under Herbert would do for him , could be awesome, height is troubling, probably 5'10", but UCLA,Arizona State, and TCU don't seem to mind.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 13, 2014, 10:42:11 pm
We are in on a bunch of speedy LBs with the frame to blowup to 230+. We want the speed on the field.

jackflash

Aren't we on another JC defensive lineman. Can't remember is name, something like 6-4 300.