Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Sunday starter named

Started by ricepig, March 20, 2014, 04:17:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

The Hogs will go with Beeks on Friday, and Killian on Saturday. It appears, TBA will go on Sunday.

jacobp

Still thinking Oliver may have hurt himself last Sunday at Florida.

At the same time, though, I think he's destined to head back to the pen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

With 6 games in 6 days we may just have to piece it together as we go. Use whoever we have to the first 2 games to give us the best chance of winning and then use the best that's left over on Sunday.

I guess Poche could be ready by Sunday, after throwing 44 pitches last Tuesday.

dotnet

Poche could definitely go. 

The team is going to need some weekday starters to start really pitching into games.  I know there were pitch counts this past week.  But Teague, Taccolini, Phillips, etc. are going to have to 3-5 innings a piece probably.

Kevin

dvh said if they needed oliver to win a game on friday or saturday they would use him.

so role, as astin had as a freshman or sophomore (cannot remember)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on March 21, 2014, 06:14:53 am
so role, as astin had as a freshman or sophomore (cannot remember)

I dont' think Astin was ever a guy who would start if not used the first two days.  I think he either started or he pitched in high leverage situations and nothing else. 

He was talked about being in that Boyce role all the time, but I don't think he ever did.

ucahogfan

I expected it to be Oliver as the presumed Sunday starter unless we needed him on Friday or Saturday to pull out a win and then we will probably see Poche on about 70-80 pitches.

Always nice to have a Sunday starter who could be 93-97 with a plus slider who could fill other roles if necessary.  Oliver will be the top draft pick off this staff this year and it will probably be in the 2nd or 3rd round.

dotnet

If that really is the pecking order - then Oliver definitely would have started on Sunday last week because he wasn't needed. 

ricepig

They're saying Oliver now, sounds good.

Sueie

Quote from: dotnet on March 21, 2014, 10:01:27 am
If that really is the pecking order - then Oliver definitely would have started on Sunday last week because he wasn't needed.
He DID start on Sunday last week.

Sueie

Quote from: jacobp on March 20, 2014, 04:21:55 pm
Still thinking Oliver may have hurt himself last Sunday at Florida.

At the same time, though, I think he's destined to head back to the pen.
Did not get hurt last Sunday. He is healthy as a horse.

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on March 21, 2014, 11:12:18 am

I get tweets all day from Robert Yates about horses pulling out of scheduled races at Oaklawn, you might want to change your comparison.

jacobp

Quote from: Sueie on March 21, 2014, 11:12:18 am
That's a good thing then. Seems like they pulled him last Sunday mostly as a precaution.

Sueie

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2014, 11:49:40 am
I get tweets all day from Robert Yates about horses pulling out of scheduled races at Oaklawn, you might want to change your comparison.
Possibly waiting on the betting line odds to change as a possible reason.

dotnet

Quote from: Sueie on March 21, 2014, 11:10:24 am
He DID start on Sunday last week.

Very good. I think you missed the point..