Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 19 Thread: Arkansas (11-7, 1-2 SEC) vs. Alabama (14-6, 2-1 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, March 21, 2014, 08:38:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

trippigs

Nice job Pocono...you didn't quit and neither did the HOGS

PoconoHog

Sorry about the PBP in the bottom 9th....computer froze up briefly and I got behind the action....

Tomorrows game starts at 2:05
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

March 21, 2014, 11:26:09 pm #254 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:43:19 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 21, 2014, 04:40:23 pm
         SEC Games Tonight:

#1 So. Carolina(2-2)  5
#28 Kentucky(2-2)    13   FINAL

#3  Vanderbilt(2-2)   2
#18 Miss St.(3-1)     17  FINAL

Georgia(1-3)   0
#6 LSU(2-2)        4  FINAL

Missouri(1-3)  3
#14 Ole Miss(2-2)  4   FINAL

#29  Auburn(3-1)       3
#14 Tennessee(2-2)   2  FINAL

Florida(3-1)          5
#26 Texas A&M(1-3)    3   FINAL 11

hawgtahm

Pocono! Hey! come on in...have a seat, Poc. Man! Great effort tonight...you really dug in there, tonight...gritted it out...really, stuck in and gave that effort that we all expect...heck, we've kind of taken it for granted...I gave you a +1, and tried to give you more, but you know that dang 1 hour rule...but...you know...ah, man...this isn't easy, but you saw what happened out there, right?

Look, I'm not saying you've lost it...really...but, maybe it's time to take a break...let some of the other guys get some time...just take it easy for a spell... get some of that fire back!!!

Look, you know I'm on your side, but the brass is on me, and we gotta do what's best for the team...you'll get another shot...don't you worry

razorJAcker

Ha!  We finally score 9 runs, and promptly give up 17.  Go figure. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hogs scored 9 runs for the second SEC game in row. (not bad)

Hog pitchers ERA went from 1.82 up to 2.53. (ouch!)

Spoon's grand slam pushed him to take the team RBI lead with 18 and raised his SLG% to .446 behind Anderson at .493.

Zach Jackson's ERA went from 0.00 to 2.20 with 16.1 IP.

Jalen Beeks maintains a 1.56ERA with 34.2 IP

hogman64

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 22, 2014, 12:56:15 am
Hogs scored 9 runs for the second SEC game in row. (not bad)

Hog pitchers ERA went from 1.82 up to 2.53. (ouch!)

Spoon's grand slam pushed him to take the team RBI lead with 18 and raised his SLG% to .446 behind Anderson at .493.

Zach Jackson's ERA went from 0.00 to 2.20 with 16.1 IP.

Jalen Beeks maintains a 1.56ERA with 34.2 IP

Really our problem isn't scoring runs when they don't matter it is scoring them when it does matter.  Big hits ( at the time anyway) like Spoon's grand slam last night have been few and far between, before Spoon's GS we had left 7 runners on base in three innings.  If we start getting  more of this kind of hit which we haven't all year or last year we will win some games, with out having to depend on our pitchers to allow 1 run or less.......but all in all if we finish .500 in the sec this year it will be much better than I am expecting right now.