Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gators and Vols on the move

Started by Cartoon Man, October 29, 2017, 03:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cartoon Man

Florida and Tennessee have started the process looking for a new coach.   I'm  so afraid we will be stuck with BB.

MikePiazza

No sir, he is gone at the end of the year.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

It's possible 2 SEC coaches get fired in October, and that doesn't even count the interim buy at OM.

WoePigSooie

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 29, 2017, 03:55:05 pm
Porkatarian says Bert is gone at the end of the season.   Doesn't say how he leaves, just gone.   I trust his sources.

He resigns to take the Kansas State job when Bill Snyder, one of his mentors, retires. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cartoon Man on October 29, 2017, 03:42:56 pm
Florida and Tennessee have started the process looking for a new coach.   I'm  so afraid we will be stuck with BB.

According to this, Jones has not been fired and Tennessee has not scheduled a presser to discuss his future at Tennessee. Did you guys see something else?

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/report-no-press-conference-scheduled-tennessee-sunday-butch-jones

Go Hogs Go!

East TN HAWG

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 29, 2017, 04:05:38 pm
According to this, Jones has not been fired and Tennessee has not scheduled a presser to discuss his future at Tennessee. Did you guys see something else?

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/report-no-press-conference-scheduled-tennessee-sunday-butch-jones

Its the buzz around here.  Heard Jones asked for it.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

East TN HAWG

Also hearing Vols targeting Scott Frost

Tusks

The hogs will never seriously compete with the gators for a coach.  TN, yes but not every time.

The trouble is A/M.  They could take Morris at SMU and that does hurt the UA options.

I don't see Norvell being up on the list at UF.  I do see him being on the list at TN but I think he'd take the AR job over TN.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BR

From Andy Staples on Twitter 2 mins ago... Expecting an official announcement from Florida regarding McElwain in a few minutes.

007 License To Squeal

and this:
"Coaching rumors: Tennessee has offered Jon Gruden more than $10 million a year, also eyeing Bobby Petrino"

WOW!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

jgphillips3

Florida has struck out twice.  Tennessee has struck out a few.  LSU struck out last time.  Sometimes these BIG jobs where you might get fired halfway into your third season might be less appealing than a job with resources not far off theirs where a coach who is an abject failure still has a theoretical shot at staying for a sixth year. 

hogsfan31

John gruden has said he wants to get back into coaching. Now whether or not he would ever consider college or if he meant back in the NFL has yet to be seen. 10 million a year is a lot of money. Would it be enough to bring him to coach college football?? Wow 10 million a year.

Florida IMO should be looking at Scott Frost and if we would be actively looking for a coach this is who I would want. Whoever gets him is getting a winner. He will be coaching for a NC in 5-10 years IMO. Y'all watch.

majestic

Why does everyone think so highly of Gruden? He is 54% for his career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

BR

Florida: UF has now announced the parting of ways with Jim McElwain and also confirmed Randy Shannon will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

JaketheSnake

Just leaves the door open for Chip Kelly to be forgotten about and end up at Arkansas.😎

Cartoon Man

Gruden supposedly offered 10 mil. a year at Tennessee per SEC nation.

swineology

majestic

Petrino make sense. He's nearly 71% over his career. $10m for a coach is insane.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boardon Hamsay

Porkatarian says Bert is gone at the end of the season.   Doesn't say how he leaves, just gone.   I trust his sources.

Lol.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Birminghog

Quote from: majestic on October 29, 2017, 04:31:01 pm
Petrino make sense. He's nearly 71% over his career. $10m for a coach is insane.

Yes. Yes it is. See also Bama.

Athog

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 29, 2017, 03:51:06 pm
No sir, he is gone at the end of the year.

I don't think so, but who knows!

scaldedhog

Awesome how many great coaches are going to be available. Ours has been in place for a bit so don't worry be happy.
Make Arkansas Football great again

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 29, 2017, 04:05:21 pm
He resigns to take the Kansas State job when Bill Snyder, one of his mentors, retires. 

It is thought that Bill Snyder wants his son to replace him.

With what Bill has done for that football program, he will probably get that request granted.

010HogFan

We are gonna get stuck with Bert. I have no faith that any of this will work out in our favor. I don't know what we did to get cursed, but Arkansas sports just seems cursed and this will just be another example when we don't get rid of him at the end of the year.

Calling All Hogs

Gruden is the hire they would love immediately but hate two years later.

RebHog

Quote from: majestic on October 29, 2017, 04:22:56 pm
Why does everyone think so highly of Gruden? He is 54% for his career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden

My post was a joke based off last recruiting search. He had a few good years at OAK got robbed by the Brady palm rule then inherited a super bowl team in Tampa aka Barry Switzer then went down hill from there. Is he really a good coach who knows but his face is plastered all over ESPN though so will be a boost in recruiting anywhere he goes and can still flash that super bowl championship ring on the recruiting trail.

RollHogTide

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 29, 2017, 05:08:24 pm
Gruden is the hire they would love immediately but hate two years later.

I completely agree - he would bring a certain amount of star power back to the program, but for the near future TN would still lose the big games.

Hoggish1

Ex-Trumpet

My sources just texted me that Butch Jones is hanging notes on the lockers at TN and will hold a presser in Fayetteville tomorrow.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

grayhawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 29, 2017, 08:48:50 pm
My sources just texted me that Butch Jones is hanging notes on the lockers at TN and will hold a presser in Fayetteville tomorrow.
That's a good one.

HoggieStyle

Kelly at Florida would not be a good thing. Don't really want them getting Norvell, either.

HawgPound

Quote from: Cartoon Man on October 29, 2017, 03:42:56 pm
How well did that work out for LSU?

3kgthog

I figure agents of all the mentioned coaches are now salivating with that $10 mil figure being tossed out there. They are going to overpay for someone now.

oldhog63

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 29, 2017, 04:56:07 pm
We are gonna get stuck with Bert. I have no faith that any of this will work out in our favor. I don't know what we did to get cursed, but Arkansas sports just seems cursed and this will just be another example when we don't get rid of him at the end of the year.
I don't think we will get stuck with Bielema, but I have zero confidence in Long's ability to manage the Razorback football program. So, I agree we are cursed, but cursed with our current AD.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogsmash12

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 29, 2017, 04:24:58 pm
Just leaves the door open for Chip Kelly to be forgotten about and end up at Arkansas.😎

He's just sitting there on the ESPN set getting exposure to give everyone a visual reminder that he's getting back in the college game and waiting to be picked up by some school....I thought it would be the Gators or Vols.  Why not us? The only two words I can think of would be Jeff Long.

Granny fan

Me too!

HappyFan

Go after Chip Kelly, and Kevin Kelly as special teams coordinator.

Hogcore

Hopefully we're not far behind them.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 29, 2017, 04:17:00 pm
Florida has struck out twice.  Tennessee has struck out a few.  LSU struck out last time.  Sometimes these BIG jobs where you might get fired halfway into your third season might be less appealing than a job with resources not far off theirs where a coach who is an abject failure still has a theoretical shot at staying for a sixth year.

Doubt it. Coaches will go where they feel confident they can get the talent to win. Of course there are other factors, but if you want to compete for championships and the fan base wants you to compete for championships you better go somewhere you can build quality depth.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 29, 2017, 04:05:21 pm

I wouldn't assume they would want him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 29, 2017, 09:08:36 pm
I figure agents of all the mentioned coaches are now salivating with that $10 mil figure being tossed out there. They are going to overpay for someone now.

By the way, what screen names do the agents use on here, anyway?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

DeltaBoy

Tenner made no confirmed announcements .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jkstock04

Quote from: HawgPound on October 29, 2017, 09:06:38 pm
How well did that work out for LSU?
I bet they win 10 games this year along with smoking our ass to oblivion. That story is yet to be finalized but not near the disaster our fan base makes it out to be.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

smb

Quote from: majestic on October 29, 2017, 04:31:01 pm
Agreed.
GeorgiaHOG

HawgPound

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 30, 2017, 09:39:54 am
I bet they win 10 games this year along with smoking our ass to oblivion. That story is yet to be finalized but not near the disaster our fan base makes it out to be.
The point is they did not get their choice of coach by making the fire mid season. They ended up with their interim. Do you want that for Arkansas?